Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Natural Delivery at Medical City Dallas

Has anyone delivered at Medical City Dallas and had a natural birth?  I have heard too many side effects from the typical drugs given during labor and have decided that I want to go natural, at least as natural as is safe for my little one and myself.  So I wanted to get an idea of how receptive Medical City Dallas is to having natural births.  Also, do they have birthing balls available?

Re: Natural Delivery at Medical City Dallas

• Options
    They are very natural birth. Not sure about the birthing balls tho.
  • Options
    I am delivering at Medical City Dallas and feel very similar to you regarding the drugs, but I have not looked into the hospital's options or level of support in this area yet. 

imageimage
    Due June 29, 2014

June 2014 Mommies' January Signature Challenge: Throwback baby pic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Commenting on this to get more info since I'll be delivering at Medical City Dallas, too.
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    have you taken the child birth class in medical city? they give you a tour of the labor & delivering & they do not have a birthing ball.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for the comments.  I have done the tour and we also had to visit L&D because I got that stomach bug that hit Richardson ISD.  I was in just a couple weeks ago to stop my contractions that came on due to the dehydration.

They do have a ball and the birthing bar that allows you to be in the squat position.
  • Options
    I also plan on this.I was told they have the ball.I'm a little worried about being offered drugs 1000x over,as most docs seem advocates for an epi. At the end of the day,we have to remember we can refuse anything!!
  • Options
    Hi ladies! To anyone considering a natural, medication free birth, I would absolutely suggest hiring a doula. I had one for my birth and she helped me labor to 10cm without any pain medication or epidural (ended up in csection because nobody knew my daughter was breech - grr) but I can at least attest to the med-free labor. I have several recommendations for Dallas area doulas. PM me if interested.
    Married - 2011
    DD#1 -  2013 (unmedicated labor to 10cm, discovered breech, c-section)

• Options
    Everyone I kno that has given birth there has had a c-section for one reason or another. My friend just gave birth there and brough her ball and had a doula and they tried to have a natural birth and were there for more than 30 hrs before they decided on a c section. They did continually ask her about pain interventions but let her continue going without as long as she wanted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"