June 2013 Moms

Shoes for almost-walker

Hope you don't mind talking about shoes again. I took DD to get fitted for shoes this weekend, she is not quite walking yet, but cruising and just starting to take steps here or there. When I told my friend I was buying her shoes she was surprised because she said you should not be putting shoes on a kid until they are confidently walking. I know that bare feet are best, and the only time I would use these shoes are when she is playing outside, which she does every day at daycare. For now I was sending her with her Robeez, but since those are meant for indoor use I thought I should get her real shoes for outside. My friend said she would just keep using robeez until DD was walking well. What dose J13 think? Did I jump the gun on buying real shoes? FTR I bought the very soft sole/flexible stride rites like these https://www.striderite.com/en/srt-soft-motion-loretta/12743B.html?dwvar_12743B_color=BG49059#cgid=view-all-step-2&start=31

Also, I wanted to buy ALL the shoes, they are so damn cute!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shoes for almost-walker

• I'd say those shoes sound perfect for your LO's abilities. Sure it might be best to be barefoot, but that's just not practical all the time.

We got a similar support level for LO when he was cruising/starting out walking. Otherwise he would have never been able to walk around on mulch. He was getting stabbed through his robeez and it was holding back his walking for outside time at daycare.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • I definitely wouldn't be sending my kid to play outside in Robeez.  One stick in the foot and it's all over. No thanks!  I love the Stride Rite early walkers :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • The whole shoe debate is so confusing, right? I think what you bought is perfect.
  • Thanks everyone, sounds like I made a good call. I'm going to start sending them to daycare for her outside time. When I tried to get her to stand in the shoes at the store she was not a fan, so they will probably take some getting used to.

• We got fitted at Stride Rite when he was cruising and got fitted. It never slowed him down, he's been walking since 10 months.

I wouldn't want him outside in soft sole. Rocks, splinters, sticks... not something I want to mess with!

• The stride rites are great!  If you are looking for more shoes though, we did get some great Robeez (walking shoes, not the slipper things that I thought all Robeez were) for fancier shoes to go with dresses and things.  I have these https://www.myrobeez.ca/robeez-gracie-white-mini-shoez/ in the white, black, and we also got a really cute similar shoe that is grey with white polka dots and little puffy flowers on the straps.  There's enough of a sole on them that I feel good about her wearing them outside, but the soles are super flexible so really great for an early walker.
    div style="text-align: center;">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"