Northern California Babies

Infant Day Care in Tri Valley Area

My husband and I are expecting our first child in early November. We are so excited to meet our little boy. We were starting to look around for day care sites in the tri-valley area and haven't had a lot of luck. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we should look and what the average cost is in the area? Thank you so much for any help!

Re: Infant Day Care in Tri Valley Area

• I don't live up there, but am betting other moms will be your best bet. I joined a local moms group & the other moms are a wealth of info & ideas. Did a quick Google search with "trivalley ca mom group" and a number of groups came up in different cities. Pick one near you & see if they do trial memberships.

Also, is there a Facebook group for local moms in your area, or if you belong to a church, the other moms may have ideas.

I started by looking at the State's website of liscensed day cares that take infants, they only list bigger centers (not the in home liscenced ones - those you could search by liscence number if you know the number of the location). After had a big list, researched their websites (2 of the 3 centers I could find in my local area had tuition info along with fees, calendars, etc) Made it easier to start mentally budgeting and compare options.

Also, pay attention as you walk around in your neighborhood, some have signs on the homes & even if you see a local day care place that does not take infants, they may be able to suggest a place that does because their kids had to come from somewhere.

In the South Bay, have heard prices ranging from $55/day to $100+/day depending on arrangements (like number of daily hours, ratio of adults to infants, if at a center or if inhome, and background of the caregivers).

Congratulations!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Here's the state link (if you get no results, change from zip to city or county)

ccld.ca.gov/PG3581.htm
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for your insight! I am planning to check out this site tonight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"