October 2013 Moms

MIL Monday

Anyone have anything this week?

I'll start with an upbeat one: my MIL comes to town on Thursday and I can't wait! I love her and I love how wholly she loves us and I can't wait to see her interact with DS now that he has so much more personality!
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MIL Monday

• I have one.

My MIL lives 5 miles away and hasn't seen DS in over 2 months. WTF. He is not going to know her and it'll be her own fault. She doesn't ask to see him. He's not allowed at her house because she smokes inside. She asks for pictures.... I don't get it. My parents are constantly inviting us over or coming over to visit him. They can't get enough.

I just don't understand it and it royally pisses me off because DH is so disappointed and hurt. Blah.
  • Loading the player...
  • megs1409 said:

My FIL visits us from TX every opportunity he can get.  My MIL has only visited once since DS was born.  In November.  FIL is coming this Thursday for the long weekend.  Despite MIL being "semi-retired," she can't get off work and "doesn't like to travel anyway." 

Thanks.  I'll remember the effort being put forth when the pendulum swings the other way.

Can't wait to see my FIL on Thursday though!

This is my SIL. She came for DS's baptism (she's the godmother), but left her husband and DD at home. (???)

Also, we have lived in Texas for almost 4 years. This was not only the only time she visited since DS was born, but it is also the first time she has visited us at all...ever.
    imageimage
  • @Pinkdahlia44 - Ugh!  I'm sorry you experience something similar.  :( 

• megs1409 said:

@Pinkdahlia44 - Ugh!  I'm sorry you experience something similar.  :( 

Thanks. I quite frankly don't care (she's not my sister) but I feel bad for DH bc family is way important to him.
    imageimage
  • My MIL, as I've mentioned before, apparently gives no fucks.  She lives states away, but she never really calls, texts, emails, etc.  The last time we didn't hear from her or get a response in so long, I seriously was about to make DH call his aunt to check on her.  Then she sent a Happy Father's Day text (surprisingly) to DH and asked us to send pictures of the baby.  So I texted her a few and she didn't respond and still hasn't.

She has never met LO in person. I know she lives far away, but she had the money to fly DH's younger sister out last summer while I was cranky and pregnant and didn't want an extra child for 3 weeks.  I'm not sure why she didn't save that money to come when he was born.

• Mine just drives me crazy.

She was trying to get my LO to eat with her plate sitting on top of her long bib (so she wouldn't make a mess) The plate n food ended up on the floor as I told her it would! We usually don't use bibs, because she always tries to eat it and it just gets in the way. If it's something messy like pasta, we just leave her in her diaper.

She was making LO and another baby sit on a blanket, and not sit on the carpet, because she thinks their drool will ruin the carpet.

When she holds LO she always keeps her back to me and tries to hide that I'm there. Drives me crazy

I could go on and on !
  • ksimo6ksimo6 member
    I have one.

My MIL lives 5 miles away and hasn't seen DS in over 2 months. WTF. He is not going to know her and it'll be her own fault. She doesn't ask to see him. He's not allowed at her house because she smokes inside. She asks for pictures.... I don't get it. My parents are constantly inviting us over or coming over to visit him. They can't get enough.

I just don't understand it and it royally pisses me off because DH is so disappointed and hurt. Blah.

WOW.  People's additctions really do drive weird behavior.  And I have no issue with people smoking...do what you want, but come on!  5 miles away??? Wow.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• ksimo6ksimo6 member
    Nothing much out of the ordinary...she's a Debbie Downer so, when talking about the new garage we are building, it was no surprise when she told me "GAH.  Well good LUCK getting THAT to match the siding". And then infomred me that the great gandparents were in town and wanted to see the baby.  And no one knew they were coming before the day of??? Doubt it.  As it turns out, I did not drop everything and run over to see them. 
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• ksimo6 said:
    I have one.

WOW.  People's additctions really do drive weird behavior.  And I have no issue with people smoking...do what you want, but come on!  5 miles away??? Wow.
    Right?!?! I don't mind smoking either, I just don't want DS sitting in a pile of smoke. I think it has to do with her drinking too. She'd rather sit there and get drunk than see her grandchild. SMH...
  • We haven't heard from FIL and SMIL since we moved across the country.  the major guilt trip we got for not seeing them at the holidays (hello, the roads go both ways). 

MIL is going to be in VA 3 hours away from us next month. She expects my husband to drive out there so he can take her to dinner. 

please say he didn't bite. Sorry, but she sounds awful
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"