2nd Trimester

What helped more?

edited July 2014 in 2nd Trimester
For those of you who are, like me, having a hard time sleeping, what helped?

I'm at the end of my rope here...up all night tossing and turning, and enjoying some lovely hip and shoulder pain to boot. I am SO not a side sleeper. x.x

I've seen mattress covers and body pillows mentioned....which was better at helping you, or did you try something else? Details, please! :)
Married 11/2008. Started TTC January 2014.
BFP 3/30/14. <3 EDD 12/4/14
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What helped more?

• I feel like the only thing that will help is birth.. lol My back pain is unreal this time around. I got a massage, which didn't help (seemed to make it worse). I have the snoogle body pillow. I toss and turn all night long. :(

BabyFetus Ticker

Married to my love on 06-02-2007

Mikah Lucille born 03-02-2011

Baby Girl Zooey due October 2014

• Unisom is helping.  I'm also sleeping in my regular comfy position (on my stomach) and plan to do so until I'm physically unable to.  I tried training myself to sleep on my back last time and I was miserable.  This time, I'm going to be comfortable for as long as possible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel your pain! I'm constantly tossing and turning. At 17 wks sleeping on my stomach/back is so uncomfortable. Unisom (like others have mentioned) have been helping a lot.
  • For me, what works best is usually moving somewhere else entirely. I'll sometimes get insomnia after waking up to go to the bathroom. Moving to the sofa helps a lot. I don't know if it's having my own space away from my husband and dog or what, but something just clicks in my brain and I'm able to fall asleep.
  • It has only gotten worse for me... sleepy tea used to help me fall asleep, but now LO has decided she hates tea and I puke when I drink it.  I have the body pillow and it helps, but I just turn the tv off and get as comfortable as possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"