Preemies

Crawling at 11 months / 9 actual

I'm probably just paranoid, but is this normal?  I guess I shouldn't be asking the "normal" question.

I just hate when people are asking me if she's getting ready to start walking.  She's just now crawling and hasn't pulled herself up yet or even been able to put herself on her bottom.  She's doing pretty well sitting up on her own (when I put her there), but once she's down on her tummy she can't get back up yet.

Just tell me everything is fine.  I need to hear it from Preemie moms.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Married Sept 2008
~~TTC Nov 2010~~

IUI #2: 1/21/13-100mg Clomid(CD3-7)(8M post wash) + progesterone= BFP!! EDD 10/13/13
Beta #1=81.1 Beta #2=134.5 Beta #3=58.1 #4=2369 WTH?!-Not sure if its viable
2/21/13 - Went to RE expecting the worse and saw the flutter of the heart.To God be the Glory!!

5/29 - It's a Girl!!
8/21/13 - Naomi born at 32w3d by csection due to Pre-E
~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~ 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
imagephoto A789AD50-EAFE-4955-A617-02358EF02DBE_zpsbxkk1n87.jpg
My Wonder Woman!

Re: Crawling at 11 months / 9 actual

• Thank you!

Married Sept 2008
    ~~TTC Nov 2010~~

IUI #2: 1/21/13-100mg Clomid(CD3-7)(8M post wash) + progesterone= BFP!! EDD 10/13/13
    2/21/13 - Went to RE expecting the worse and saw the flutter of the heart.To God be the Glory!!

5/29 - It's a Girl!!
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~ 
    My Wonder Woman!

• From my experience, yes, completely. My oldest was FT and crawled at 9.5mo and walked at 12.5mo. Two of my friends w FT babies didn't walk until 18mo. There's really a wide range of milestone-hitting as they get older.

• Loading the player...
  • KTZ17KTZ17 member
    Totally within normal range. Our FT nephew didn't crawl till 11 months, and some babies never crawl so that's why pedis aren't concerned with babies not doing it. My FT cousin never crawled. DD is a 31 weeker and she crawled at 8 months and sat up unsupported the day after she crawled for the first time. She took a while to cruise on the furniture and started walking at 13.5 months. My mom used to put her favorite toys lined up on the couch to encourage her to pull up and cruise, but DH and I never really did anything special to encourage her. I figured she'd just do it when she was ready, and she did! I didn't expect dd to walk at 12 months, and honestly I didn't really want her to! She got into enough stuff just crawling. Don't worry, conradtn. Sounds like your DD is doing her thing!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Pips09Pips09 member
    Totally normal! Don't stress about it!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• am I a horrible mom? i cannot remember when he started to crawl but I know it was close to 1 actual.  your child is completely "normal" I would not be concerned.  People forget that even full term babies have a wide range of "normal" (I am not a fan of that word) and that some babies do things earlier than others!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I know it's hard, but try not to stress. Comparing your baby (preemie or FT) to other babies will drive you crazy! DS1 was a 32 weeker and crawled at 10 months actual (8 adj.). He didn't walk until 16 months actual. We got lots of comments, too. She'll meet her milestones when she's ready!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My 26 weeker's didn't start crawling until 12 mos (DS) and 13 mos (DD).  DS just started walking at 16 mos and DD is almost there, but not quite yet.  It's totally normal.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My son literally started crawling yesterday at 17 actual/14 adjusted. Because @usm123 and I are life twins.

Everything is fine :)

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• KTZ17KTZ17 member
    Sorry to hijack, but YAYYYY Joshua @flerlgirl‌ !!!! Batten down the hatches, he's on the move!!

imageimage
  • @KTZ17 - we were so excited! Once he learned how to rotate his hips he could suddenly crawl, play while kneeling, and get himself from crawling to sitting and back again. We're working on sitting up from laying down and PULLING UP TO STAND NOW omg.

• Thanks for talking me down ladies! :) 

Just helps hearing reason from other preemie moms.
    Married Sept 2008
    ~~TTC Nov 2010~~

5/29 - It's a Girl!!
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~ 
    My Wonder Woman!

• Usm123 said:

flerlgirl said:

My son literally started crawling yesterday at 17 actual/14 adjusted. Because @usm123 and I are life twins.

Everything is fine :)

Awesome! Way to go twinnie!!

Yea he had a motor explosion around that time and was pulling up and cruising quickly thereafter. He has stayed there getting more stable in his standing. It may also be because I don't practice as much at home because I do not need this wild child walking right now! He has no fear and is into everything. He will break his neck, I know it.
    He sounds like he's doing so well!! But I know what you mean. Josh's PT was all "our next goal is cruising!" but I'm gonna need him to wait until he stops banging his head into every single piece of furniture.

• FWIW, DD2 has low muscle tone, and did nothing but sitting until about 3-4 months ago. Now, she's walking EVERYWHERE (at 21 months/18 adjusted). She receives regular PT via Help Me Grow/EI -- but to be honest, all the little lady needed was time. Be patient. They all get there. :)
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • e74e74 member
    Thank you for this thread! One of my 31 week twins has not started to crawl yet and he will be 1 on Sat... Reading this helped me as well!!
    DS#1 born 9/23/06 
    Twins DS#2 and 3 born at 31 weeks, 3 days due to a short cervix on 8/2/13.
  • My 26 weeker walked when he was 16 months actual/13 adjusted. I don't remember exactly when he started crawling. However, I remember thinking that at 12 months actual/9 adjusted that his body was nowhere near ready to walk and I was surprisingly ok with that. He still had a little baby body with a younger baby's motor skills that I couldn't imagine walking around. He did everything on his own timeline, so by the time we got to this milestone, I was ok that he wasn't doing it at a year.

My niece who was FT didn't walk until she was 14 months. My SIL was bragging about how smart she was all the time and how she would probably walk at 9 months and it irritated me since I know it has nothing to do with that. I know we all hear it all the time, but babies really just do things when they are ready. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • punky917 said:
    My 26 weeker walked when he was 16 months actual/13 adjusted. I don't remember exactly when he started crawling. However, I remember thinking that at 12 months actual/9 adjusted that his body was nowhere near ready to walk and I was surprisingly ok with that. He still had a little baby body with a younger baby's motor skills that I couldn't imagine walking around. He did everything on his own timeline, so by the time we got to this milestone, I was ok that he wasn't doing it at a year.

My niece who was FT didn't walk until she was 14 months. My SIL was bragging about how smart she was all the time and how she would probably walk at 9 months and it irritated me since I know it has nothing to do with that. I know we all hear it all the time, but babies really just do things when they are ready. :)

DH didn't even crawl until he was 18 months old! He was FT. His mom took him in to the doctor...official diagnosis was laziness, haha :) Now DH runs freakishly fast like some kind of gazelle being chased by an angry lion.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"