March 2014 Moms

Co-bathing?

Now that my incision is fully healed I am cleared for baths and swimming....

Attempted to bathe with Robert today just so he could float and kick... OMG that is one slippery challenge!

Any suggestions?

How concerned should I be about water splashing in his ears?

Re: Co-bathing?

• @babycaps What about baby qtips? I have been using those cause she had some wax buildup.
  • Loading the player...
  • I always bathed with my daughter. She still showers with me most of the time. I've only showered with Will a couple of times. I'm not sure why. I keep a baby chair in the bathroom and I spread a towel out on it before getting in. Then it's all ready to wrap up with and I can finish and rinse off.
  • DiMamaDiMama member
    My pedestrian just said to get a wash cloth and wipe any build up you can see. No q-tips

Evelyn - 3/15/14

• I've bathed with Z almost every night since she was 2 weeks old. It's our favorite time together. :) She sits facing me with her butt on my tummy, and her back on my bent legs. Her bottom half is submerged, but I have a cup I use to gently pour water on her shoulders/chest throughout. We have a bathtub playlist we listen to, and are beginning to have bath toys too (previously she had been happy just with the washcloth). It's so much fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We do tubby time together a lot I have with all of my kids. I lay a towel on the floor and once he is done I put him on it and finish up real quick.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We bathe together every night if not every other night ! It's defiantly bonding and she enjoys it . I do it pretty much the same way @torilea‌ does .

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • MA&CBMA&CB member
    It's nice to see how many other people bathe with their babies - I never hear of anyone else doing this and thought I was a weirdo ;)  I did all of DS1's bathing with me, either in the tub or the shower.  I haven't done as much with this LO because it's summer, so I'm not wanting to take a bath as much, but look forward to doing this more in the fall and winter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • vacsx2vacsx2 member
    We are co-bathers. I also put him on the floor on his towel next to the tub and hop out right after. Then scoop him up and dry off. It's the highlight of my day.
  • I bath with LO from time to time.
    I fill the tub and I just hold the back of his head to let him float on his back. He loves it.
    No worries about water in the ears.

I've bathed with all my kids. They all love it.
  • DiMamaDiMama member
    My pedestrian just said to get a wash cloth and wipe any build up you can see. No q-tips
    I'm not sure a pedestrian is who you should ask. ;) (Sorry, I couldn't resist)
    Stupid auto correct!

Evelyn - 3/15/14

• I bathe with Aubrey in the shower all the time. So much easier than that stupid baby tub.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • We've done showers and baths with the babies but it generally requires both DH and I. One is the dry parent and the other is in the bath/shower. Bath parent gets naked and in tub/shower, dry parent strips 1st baby and passes them in. Baby gets washed while dry parent strips baby 2 to a diaper. Once baby 1 is clean they're passed out and wrapped in a towel, then 2's diaper comes off and the whole thing gets repeated! Occasionally DS1 gets included since we have a 6-foot-tub. He just does his own thing and pour water on everyone!
  • I really can't imagine showering.  That takes serious skill!  When I was soaping him up at the end he was insanely slipperly!  I felt like he was gonna slip out of my arms the whole time!  haha.  He loved kicking and splashing though so I can't wait to do it again, especially now that I know water in the ears isn't a huge concern.  Yay!

P.S. Maybe I'll bring in a hand towel to lay on my legs when it's soap time... for grip.  We'll see
  • 23ofclubs said:

Qtips are ok for outside the ear but don't stick them in the ear canal. Same goes for adults! You can perforate your ear drum.

THIS!!!! My dad stuck qtips in his ear and stuck one in too far and his ear drum tore in half!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How does this whole showering with the baby work ?

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Regarding Qtips, if they're not ok does that mean earbuds for music are also not ok?  Never thought about it, but lots of people use those including me.  Not trying to be snarky, just seriously wondering.  I don't put the earbuds real far in, but then again I don't put Qtips far in either.  I love LOs baby qtips, feels like I'm cleaning my ears with a cloud!

It's never crossed my mind to bathe with LO, I think I'll try this!
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• My pedi said not to worry with the baby q tips they are designed to not be able to go in to far.
  • Earbuds can't reach far enough to damage the ear drum. They're fine!
  • tsmith312 said:

How does this whole showering with the baby work ?

I bring her in the bathroom and put her in the bouncy seat in there in just her diaper, and I put a towel on the floor.  My towel and hers hang over the shower curtain rod, and a facecloth for her. Then I get in, shower, and when I'm done cleaning myself I get out of the shower, step on the towel to drip on, get her out of the bouncy seat and take her diaper off.  Get back in the shower and clean her, and use the facecloth to block her face when rinsing shampoo off her head and to wipe down her face a few times since the water splashes onto her face and that's annoying. (Drives me nuts when I'm in there w/MH and the water careens off of him and into my face since he is taller) Yeah, she's slippery and I worry that she could slip out of my hands, but it hasn't happened yet! When done, I take her towel and wrap her in it and put her back in the seat for a minute while I dry myself off.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • I've bathed with LO a couple of times. It's much easier when DH is there to dry her off afterwards. She is slippery but she absolutely loves playing in the bath, including splashing, floating, and "swimming."
  • It's funny because I've never bathe with any of my kids. Don't have desire too. But my husband yes, it's my favorite. ;)

I wish I had a big glass enclosed shower. I love to shower w DH but our shower is just a hair too small
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"