Preemies

Pregnant & TTC After A Preemie 07/25/14

punky917punky917 member
edited July 2014 in Preemies

Welcome to the check in group for Pregnant After Preemie! This group is also for those who are actively trying to conceive, planning on it, or just thinking about it...

So, list your first name, due date if you're pregnant or ttc timeline, preemie's name and gestational age at birth as well as the reason for their prematurity.

------------------------------------------------

Last week Updates:

Welcome and congratulations to two new members on our list:

daciadanae who is currently 11 weeks pg with baby #2 EDD 2/11/15!!! 
DS was born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and he is 20 months old now and doing well!

JeepersWife who is currently 6w3d pg with baby #2 EDD 3/15/15!!!
DS was a 34 weeker due to IUGR and I had hypertension (borderline pre-e). He joined the world at 3.5 lbs and 15 in and we had quite the rough first year with him! 

megs2011: BP staying low which is awesome! Asked about chances of repeat IUGR and pre-e and doc said that it is lower now because she's not having twin. Just to ease her mind, she is getting additional bloodwork and anatomy scan at the next appt. About 3 more weeks til her previous milestone. Thoughts and prayers that you're going the distance with LO!

Bruton8288: Found out that LO is going to be a BOY! Still no blood clots in sight and blood flow to the placenta is great! Woohoo! Baby boy weighs 10oz. Aww! She did not pass GD test so has to take the 3 hour test today-how did that go @Bruton8288 ?

cbranch89: Last appt went well; Dr did a speculum exam to check cerclage and she got to see the baby! :) Next appt on Aug 1.

mmooki: NT scan went well! Goes to MFM in 3 weeks for early anatomy scan and starts P17 shots.

PhillyGal34: About 6 weeks along and feeling icky. Will be feeling nervous until first US to officially confirm baby. Sending thoughts and prayers for that healthy heartbeat!

@takmjs and @slydj How are you guys doing? We would love to hear from you! :)

edit: tags not working
-----------------------------------------------

Pregnant:

CTBride79: DS Gavin born at weeks due to IUGR and pre-e; Baby #2 EDD 9/18/14

megs2011: DD1 and DD2 born at 34 weeks due to pree, HELLP, and IUGR; Baby #3 EDD 9/22/14

takmjs: DD was born at 30 weeks due to my bicornuate uterus, incompetent cervix, and PTL; Baby #2 EDD 11/24/2014

SLYDJ (formerly jullybean): DD was born at 29 weeks due to IUGR; Baby #2 EDD 11/19/14

Bruton8288: DD Victoria was born at 36 weeks due to fetal distress; DD2 Elizabeth was born sleeping due to Lupus complications at 33 weeks. Baby #3 EDD 12/11/2014

cbranch89 (Cheylah): DS1 Trenton Elijah born at 37 weeks due to pre-e; DS2 Cameron Jacob (CJ) born at 25.4 weeker due to IC and placenta abruption; Baby #3 EDD 01/13/15

Pips09: DD was born at 30w4d due to a combination of complete placenta previa, PTL and PPRO; Baby #2 EDD 1/13/15

mmooki: DD born at 33w3d due to Type 1 diabetes and pump failure; Baby #2 EDD 1/21/15

daciadanae: DS born at 29 weeks due to HELLP; Baby #2 EDD 2/11/15

PhillyGal34: DS Evan born at 31 weeks due to severe pre-; Baby #2 EDD 03/03/15

JeepersWife: DS born at 34 weeks due to IUGR, hypertension, borderline pre-e; Baby #2 EDD 3/15/15

TTCing: 

babylossmama (Caitlin): DS Anderson born on 1/5/31 at 24.1 weeks due to placental abruption (cause unknown); Plan to TTC again in October per doctor's recommendation

cjbwifey (formerly mybb): DS born at 28w1d due to severe pre-e

Missa_g: DS1 & 2 were born at 29w4d due to PTL

MrsLaurenandDan: DS Owen born at 33w5d due to PTL; DS2 Noah was stillborn at 19w4d after a terminal diagnosis

meganole25: Megan, DS Cooper born at 31 weeks due to unexplained PTL

gwapes: Lauren; DS Benjamin born born at 34w5d due to PTL

monkey1988: DD born at 23w6d due to placental abruption

Babymaxwell513: DS born at 30 weeks due to IC

*Sweet Pea*, Jamie - DD Skylar, born at 29 weeks due to pre-e/HELLP

Thinking about/Planning on TTCing:

jbraden12: DD Patricia born sleeping at 31 weeks; DD Anna born at 26w3d due to IC

BLPL101, Laura: DD Caroline was born at 35 weeks due to PPROM.

Kadyra: DS born at 36 weeks due to severe IUGR, DS was born at 32 weeks

aquariogirl: my DS was born at 31 weeks on due to severe and sudden pre-e onset

pinotgirl: DD born at 32 weeks due to asymmetrical IUGR which was caused by velementous cord insertion

OscarQ-: Alison, TTC in 2012, DS Kevin born at 26 weeks due to pre-e.

cfitz16: DS was born at 36 weeks due to pre-term labor. DD was born at 34 weeks when my water broke after being monitored closely, pelvic rest and progesterone shots.  

Mommies (again)!

danalawrence: DD1 and DD2 born at 31w5d due to spontaneous labor; DD3 born full term

mrsdbc (formerly KettBride): DS born 32w5d cause unknown; DD born full term

flergirl: DS Joshua born at 26 weeks due to complications from pre-e resulting in IUGR and reversed blood flow to the placenta; DD Jenna born full term

rslhmg: DD born at 32 weeks due to hellp, DD2 born full term!

Bluebird2318: DD Skye was born at 29 weeks due to pre-e/HELLP; DS born full term!

MinaE01: DS born at 32w3d due to spontaneous PTL; DS2 born at 36 weeks but no NICU time!

haziedaze: DS Henry was born at 29w4d due to PTL and a partial abruption. DS2 Liam born full term

Jenstwins: DS Declan born at 27 weeks due to an abruption, chorio or incompetent cervix - or some combination of the 3; Rhys and Audrey born at 33 weeks

Alphaphi98: DD Madeline born at 32 weeks due to unexplained pPROM; DS Cameron born full term

GirlyGirl319, Danielle-DS Matthew was born at 33w4d due to infection in placenta; DD Gabriella born at 33 weeks due to PTL

SweetPeaKate: DS Liam born at 30 weeks due to HELLP; DS2 Oliver full term

hjweber- DD Hannah born 34w5d due to spontaneous PTL; DD Ava born full term

vsalt31: DS Henry born at 31w3d due to unexplained prom; DD Camille born at 35w2d due to PROM but no NICU time

CurlingRocks, DS was born at 31w 3d due to officially to PTL following pPROM at 28w, but mama was on SBR for 6 months due to SCH, FVL, and Placental Abruption at 13w 4d; DD was a MMC delivered at 18w due to septate uterus; DD born full term

adamnkel: DD born at 35 weeks due to pre-e; DD2 Madeline born full term

L&R70707: DS born 34w6days due to unexplained PTL; DD Elizabeth born full term

Sdtchica13, Carrie: DD Corrine Reese born at 29 weeks 6 days due to a placental abruption and pPROM; DS Gavin Lucas born full term

tlk432: Trish-DS born at 34w5d weeks due to pProm and IC; DS2 born full term

Punky917: DS Noah born at 26 weeks due to pPROM; DD Max born full term

TriciaandSean: DS Kieran born at 34w5d weeks PTL; DS Bryce born full term

BabyRolston1: Lindy:DD Natalie born at 29w5d due to pre-e, DS Zachary born full term

Mommy2CB, Kristin: DS born at 33 weeks 5 days due to PTL, DS2 born full term

komurphy: DS & DD born at 27 weeks; DS born at 31 weeks due to bulging membranes and threat of a prolapsed cord

jteneback: DD was born at 34w3d after pPROM; DS was born at 35 weeks

sucrets4, Danielle: DD Emmalynn born at 33 weeks due to pPROM, DD#2 born at 35w5d due to Pprom

kelly321: DD was born at 34w1d due to HELLP, DD#2 born full term

IncogNeato: DD born at 36 weeks due to PPROM, DD#2 born full term

light52: DS2 was born at 35w5d for no known reason, #3 born at 35w4d

ericalee27, Erica: DS Quinn born at 35w4d due to pre-e; DS born full term

eSynergy: DS was born at 36 weeks for unexplained reasons; DS born full term

Cara03, Cara: DS Jacob born at 24 weeks due to IC;  DS Lucas born at 36w2d

Angie637: DS Peyton born at 33 weeks due to pPROM. #2 and #3 born at 35w due to PPROM

Lucy460, Lucy: DS born at 35w4d due to HELLP, DD born at 36 weeks

Delphiaraven, Stacey: DS born at 34 weeks due to PROM, DS born full term

Lili_h, Lili: DS Matthew born at 34 weeks 4 days due to PTL. DD born full term

Amercana- identical twin girls born at 34 weeks 5 days, DS born full term

Wally3, Eve- DS Johnny born 34w 3 days PROM, DS#2 born full term. 

MeNV-Mel, Phinny born @ 34 weeks after water broke due to large fibroids, DS#2 born at 34w.

Damabo80- DD#1 born at 31w due to HELLP/pre-e. DS born full term

katieguth- DD Melanie born at 31 weeks due to Severe Pre-E. DS born 8/15/12.

nat6102006-first DD born at 32 weeks due to shortened cervix/unknown preterm labor; DS born full term!

crazyanimals- DS, born 30w 1 day due to PTL then PROM, DS #2 born full term!

SnowPea25 - DS Baby N, born at 32 weeks due to severe pre-e. DD Baby A born full term!

KatFco- Katrina, DD Abby, 23w6d, unknown reason, DS, born FULL TERM!

weezie825 - DD, born at 33 weeks due to pPROM, DS born full term!

IrishSapphire- DS Aidan born close to 31 weeks (was not given a reason for him coming early), DD Noelle Elizabeth born at 34 weeks 6 days

becketts - DD Norah, born at 34 weeks due to severe pre-e, DD#2 born at 35w due to IGUR

jcsntms06, Jen - DD Annabelle, born at 33 weeks due to pre-e, DD#2 born 34w due to PTL

jaxlynn - DD Leigh, born at 35 weeks due to HELLP, DS born full term

Kimberlyd546 - DS Alex, born at 34 weeks due to pre-e , DS born full term

faeriequeeneonwow, Melissa - DD Sophie Jean, born at 30 weeks due to non-immune fetal hydrops, low amniotic fluid, and pre-e, DS born full term 1/26/12

alaratta1-DD Sophia born at 31 weeks due to PTL. DS born full term on 1/6/12

beachykeen1723, Rachel - DS Cooper, born at 30 weeks due to pre-e/HELLP, DD born at 36 weeks

beyoga, Deidre - DS Reid, born at 24 weeks due to unkown causes, DD born full term

albertabride06 - DS Dylan, born at 32 weeks due to short cervix/PTL, DD born full term!

kar5162 - DS, born at 34 weeks due to pPROM, DD born full term!

mrsmikey, April - DS Eli, born at 32 weeks due to pPROM, DD born full term!

ijack, Ivory - DD Emma, born at 29 weeks due to placental abruption, DD #2 Quinn born full term!

njkaren, Karen - DS Brandon, born at 26 weeks due to fetal distress due to twin's loss at 20 weeks, DS #2 Wesley born full term!

LittleD8081 (formerly mrsfriend), Dawn Marie - DS Parker, born at 34 weeks due to pPROM, DS #2 Braden born full term!

justme04 - DS Ryker, born at 34 weeks due to severe pre-e and HELLP Syndrome, DS #2 Max born at full term!

lemen99, Kathy - DS Andrew, born at 26 weeks due to IC, DS #2 Elliott born at 35 weeks due to PTL and an unknown rash!

kamcfarlane, Kate - DS Ryan, born at 32 weeks due to placenta previa, DD Ellen born full term!

ctrickey03, Christina - DS #1 Michael, born full term, DS #2 Christian, born at 32 weeks due to polyhydraminos and IUGR, DS #3 Benjamin, born full term, DD Serenity born full term!

luvdv8 - DD, born at 34 weeks due to pPROM, DD #2 Elizabeth born full term!

Clotho!, Janet - DS Robbie, born at 34 weeks due to pre-e, DS #2 Simon, born at 34 weeks due to PIH and PTL, DS #3 Charles, born at 35 weeks due to PIH

mek10976, Megan - DS Simon, born at 32 weeks due to pre-e/pPROM, DS #2 born full term!

sweetpea18, Sara - DD Reese, born at 34 weeks due to pre-e, DD #2 Grier born full term!

magdalina.h, Maggie - angel baby Aidan, born at 28 weeks due to failed cord, DS #2 Lucas born full term!

Hailie, Meg - DS Nolan, born at 33 weeks due to pPROM, DD Maren born full term!

FemmeNat01, Natasha - DD Elena and DS Lucas, born at 33 weeks due to severe pre-e, DD#2 Alessandra born at 31 weeks due to HELLP/placental abruption

Gwenypher7, Jen - DD Abigail, born at 32 weeks due to HELLP/IUGR, DS Cullen born full term!

Heather1979, Heather - DD Olivia, born at 34 weeks due to pPROM/pre-e, DS George born full term!

Tierelieber, Stephanie - DD Charden, born at 30 weeks due to pre-e/HELLP, DD#2 Adrienne born full term!

IAM4UK - DD Katie, born at 33 weeks due to pre-e/IUGR, twins Abigail and Emily born full term!

Sweets2005, Katie - DD Abby and DS Brady, born at 32 weeks due to placenta previa/bleeding, DD #2 born full term!

mrssnflwr - DD born at 32 weeks due to unexplained PTL, DS born at 36 weeks!

ShanaNChris, Shana - DD Lily, born at 31 weeks due to pre-e/HELLP, DS Liam born full term!

Luvpinsanity, Ashley - DS Brennan, born at 35 weeks due to PTL, DD Addison born full term!

FaithRocks, Kelly - DS Trig, born at 32 weeks due to pre-e, PTL, and placental abruption, DS #2 Grayson born at 35 weeks!

Denesdia, Diane - DD Zoey, born at 25 weeks due to PTL, DS Ben born at 35 weeks!

sabloja - DS Hayden, born at 30 weeks due to pPROM, DD Madison born at 36 weeks!

RRHsMom - DS Ryan, born at 35-36 weeks, DD Meghan born full term!

msalinardi, Margot - DD Angelina, born at 26 weeks due to pre-e, DS Vincent born at 35 weeks due to pre-e, IUGR!

Aidge, Adrienne - DS Sam, born at 29 weeks, DS #2 Ben, born at 35 weeks!

mhop, Martha - DD Campbell, born at 27 weeks due to pre-e, DD #2 Maggie born full term

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnant & TTC After A Preemie 07/25/14

• Heyyy! No changes really. Just wondering about p17 since I'll be 16 weeks next week. I'm otherwise fine :-) how are you?
    Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

Expecting a winter baby. Stay put LO!
  • This week has been nuts. I did pass the 3 hrs GD test. Bad news, my company lied off a lot of people, me being one of them. It sucks but we are being very frugal about our expenses. I know we will make it through.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @cbranch89 Happy to know you are doing well! P17 shots were a lot easier for me to get through than I thought even with DH administering them. LOL! My injection site itched a little, but that was the only side effect I got from it. You got this, lady! :)

@Bruton8288 I am glad about your GD test, but BLECH! about your company having to lay off people. Sending thoughts and prayers that you find something else right away and everything works out financially.

• I am on the thinking about/planning on TTC list, but I got a BFP yesterday! I'm due April 5, 2015! :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• @BLPL101 Congratulations on your BFP! I will move you to the pg list next week. Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

• Hi all, congrats @BLPL101

I finally got my cycle back last Saturday! Dropping down to 2x day nursing did it. So glad I didn't have to completely wean, though we probably will if I get pregnant soon.

Anyway, CD10 and had an HSG today due to suspected bicornuate uterus seen in my second pregnancy. It's definitely odd shaped! But the Dr. said she can't be sure it's bicornuate and not septate without a 3d ultrasound and/or MRI. One horn is bigger then the other, both girls were on that side. No way to know if it contributed to the circumstances of either birth. I may opt for a 3d ultrasound but it probably wouldn't change our plan since I'll be getting a cerclage anyway and the fact that I haven't had any miscarriages makes it more likely bicornuate and not septate, so not "fixable."

Congrats if you made it through that! Anyone else with uterine abnormalities feel free to share :)   

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • @jbraden12 Glad to hear about your cycle starting and also that sounds like your doc is being proactive and making sure that your next pregnancy will be different.

Looking at our list of "Mommies Again" I remembered that @CurlingRocks had a septate uterus and had a full term baby last September.

• @blpl101 congratulations!! 

I'm in my 8th week and feel horrible.  the nausea is never ending and I want to sleep all the time. I called the dr today to see if they can do anything and I'm waiting to hear back from them.  It's interfering with my work and at home... this is a million times worse than last time.  
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• tngrl3tngrl3 member
    Hey ladies. Checking in here as I got a BFP last week with an EDD of 3/28/15. My DS was born 10/12/12 at 34 weeks due to severe IUGR and cord flow issues. I'm hoping to make it to term this time. I recognize some names from when I was around after my son was born.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @CurlingRocks! I hate doubting my medical team, but it's frustrating that they first did a 2d sono, then sent me for an HSG which my research is now telling me is almost obsolete in diagnosing uterine abnormalities. I just want a final diagnosis, even if it won't change anything. It caused me a lot of anxiety during my pregnancy with Anna, even though bicornuate uterus' aren't statistically related to stillbirth. And I don't know if it had a hand in Anna's birth at 26w. It would be odd because Anna was on the same side as Patricia was, and Patricia was twice as big before she died. Honestly, I'm terrified of another pregnancy. But I want to keep pushing because if it is indeed septate and NOT bicornuate, I want it removed!

• Update - After a 3d ultrasound, my Dr. thinks it's septate. The wall is almost completely down to the cervix. She is sending me to an RE for hysteroscopy. She said it's amazing both girls made it so far due to the incredibly high miscarriage rate, which is why they didn't really look for it before. But I'm still struggling feeling like they should have found it after Patricia was stillborn because we did a monitored clomid cycle to get pg with Anna! 

So we're benched for now, but I am glad there's a possiblity for a normal ute. However, then we have to decide whether the IC was becasue of the septate ute or do I have IC? So cerclage or no? 

UGH why can't I just be normal :((

• @PhillyGal34 I am so sorry that you are feeling icky! I hope the doc is able to give you something to make you feel better. I know people said "Eat crackers." but that never worked for me. As soon as I passed the 13 week mark, the nausea was all gone.

@tngrl3 Congrats on your BFP and Happy and healthy 9 months to you! I will add you to the list next week!

@jbraden12 I completely understand your frustration! There were 6 other pg women at work when I was pg with DD and even though I reached FT, I was still resentful that I was the only one who had to lay on a couch for 4 months to get there. Of course I would have done anything and everything for DD to be FT, but I just couldn't understand why it was just me.

Anyway, I sending you hugs and thoughts and prayers for your hysteroscopy and that you get some definitive answers and be able to start your TTC journey. How is Anna doing, btw?

@CurlingRocks Thanks for all the info. How is DD doing?

• Thanks @punky917. Anna is doing well! At 18 months, she finally learned to sit up and soon after began scooting around on her butt, which is common with hemi-CP kids. She probably won't crawl now that she can get around another way but we are thrilled and so thankful that she's mobile. Sometimes I find myself wanting to cry when I see her peek around the corner, smile and start scooting her way towards me since we weren't sure she'd ever do any of these things. 

• I called the doctor. she put me on unisom and b6 and i feel MUCH better. not 100% but not horrible.  I have a cold now (thanks to my two year old petri dish) but I'll get past that. at least I don't want to sleep all day!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• daciadanaedaciadanae member
    edited July 2014
    @tngrl3 My DS was born in Oct 2012, too! We were probably on the same board then, ha. My Baby #2 EDD is 2/11/15, so hopefully we'll be on different birth month boards this time around (here's to full-term babies!!)
  • @jbraden12 Glad to hear that Anna is mobile! My heart melts hearing that! I also cried the first time I came home from work and I saw a smile on DS's face and raised his arms for me to pick him up. Many might take these milestones for granted-but not us preemie mommies, right? ;)

@PhillyGal34 Yay for feeling better with the nausea-but boo on getting a cold! Hope you kick that to the curb soon.

• Hi! Sorry I haven't updated much here lately. I am 23w4d today, and things are going well so far. Last pregnancy, I was put on bed rest at 24&2, which is next week. Then, I had a major bleed and hospital bedrest at 24&6, so I'm hoping because I have a cerclage in that things won't happen like last time. That I'm approaching these same points in this pregnancy makes me anxious, but my cervical length checks have all been long and closed, which was not the case last time. I also get progesterone shots every week, so I hope that's helping as well. We aren't finding out the gender again this time, but we did see that this baby has clubfeet just like our daughter. As so many people have told us, it's one of the better genetic deformities to have, because it's usually correctable even without surgery. While we know that's true from our DD, it doesn't mean it's fun to deal with. I was hoping for a baby who didn't need full-leg casts as a newborn, who could wear the cute footie pajamas, and who we didn't have to put the brace on before bedtime if they fall asleep in your arms. But, we know the process and will feel like pros this time. I'm more bummed than worried. ;( Pity party for one.
  • @CurlingRocks So glad to hear how well both of your kiddos are doing! It really is like night and day having a preemie and a FT baby. I know what you mean about the older sibling warming up to the new baby! Noah likes her much more now that she is interactive and not just a bump on a log to him. lol! He is starting kindergarten in a couple of weeks. Maxine (Max) is very headstrong and wants to do EVERYTHING by herself. She has already learned that when we threaten to leave her in a store to get her going that we're really not going anywhere and takes full advantage. lol! The other day, I asked her to come with me and she just crossed her arms and went, "Hmph!" Then she gave the biggest grin-we're in trouble.

@takmjs Glad to hear that things are going well overall and that P17 shots are helping cervix length. I am sorry to hear about LO's club feet. I know it is not the end of the world and that you and hubby have already been through the process, but I hope that it is minor and will not require surgery. Sending you thoughts and prayers to get through your milestone and smooth sailing from there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"