Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Educational DVD's/CD's

I have a 4 months old baby and we usually hang out in the TV room.
I want to know which DVD's can I buy for her because she likes the TV colors and brightness but I dont want her to watch all the tv trash that we usually have on. I've heard about Baby Einstein but I also found that their dvd's are not the bes?
Heeeeeelp

Re: Educational DVD's/CD's

• Options
    The kids I used to babysit LOVED the baby einstein dvds. I know that they had to take off of their labeling the fact that it will make your baby smarter since there is nothing to prove that fact, but the kids were fascinated by it nevertheless. I may pick up one or two. 
  • Options
    flclflcl member
    The AAP recommends no screen time at all for babies under 2.  I won't say we never have the TV on when LO is awake/in the room, but it's rare, and we do not put anything on with the intention for her to watch it (cartoons, etc). 

At 4 months old, everything is new to her - just set her in front of the window and let her watch what's going on outside; talk to her; sing to her; read to her.  She doesn't need television.
    This.  I bought those HBO kid videos on sale but won't be using them until LO's a couple of years old.  When we're not playing, he seems to have fun just watching me do different things around the house.  He loves looking at books and pictures of his family.  He enjoys going out to different places and checking everything out.  We don't have any ceiling fans but I took him to a friend's house who had one and LO had the time of his life!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tess024Tess024 member
    edited July 2014
    Some people don't agree with letting LO watch TV, but I think it's a personal preference. My LO is with his 4YO cousin all day, and she watches Mickey Mouse and Daniel Tiger. He LOVES when they sing and he sees them dance. I don't think it's doing any harm. He still loves his toys and books.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto @aditigirl, you baby doesn't need DVD's. If you want to give her some bright colours to look at, buy her some appropriate developmental toys that are colourful. 

@tess24, screen time before the age of 2 can hinder on language development and cause problems with sleep and attention. So yes, it can do harm.

I don't turn the TV off every time my LO is in the room, but I will turn it off if I see it's gotten her attention for too long. I definitely don't plop her down in front of it and put a show on for her.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"