TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

Good evening ladies! 

It's that time again. This is our bi-weekly check in, condensed version. Feel free to let us know how life is; you can b!tch, you can moan, you can brag, you can cry, whatever you want. Enjoy!

Apparently, I have a really hard time realizing when two weeks have gone by.

I've brought extra wine to beg your forgiveness.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

• Hi @buggirl72‌ , thanks for the check in. I was just thinking about you and how much I respect the way you handle lost souls(aka dumb ass people) on the main board

I'm pretty good lately, despite another wave of pregnancies rolling through my friends. Maybe I've just fine through this so many times, im used to it.
    I've actually been experiencing slight moments of being ok the way things are lately.
    I'm about 9dpo, no temping or charting, just knowing my body. We were ntnp this month, AF will probably arrive around the beginning of next week. We will then begin IUI#3

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome

• Loading the player...
  • @snegde‌ I've come to the realization that I must be a good luck charm for other people getting pregnant, so you probably should work really hard to set up a date with me

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome

• @HoldingOutHope‌ I hope you get some Damn answers. Don't forget my PM :D

@buggirl72‌ please update after your appt tomorrow ((hugs))

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome

• @HoldingOutHope - I hate that in our quest for answers we can't be happy with being told that we are healthy and that nothing is wrong. Obviously something is wrong otherwise we would not have this keep happening. I want you to get answers you are comfortable with that lead to something fixable and an awesome plan that works.

With your AMA status, be prepared for egg quality being the answer - which then leads to deciding just how much you want to do to either increase your odds of a better, stronger egg and how much you want to put yourself through both physically and emotionally. I wish this all sucked a little bit less.

@snegde - I miss you too!  The house is coming along but not as quickly as I would like. I've learned that I am a bit more go, go, go than Mr. Bug is. I'm letting certain things go at his pace which means the shelves that are going to be set up in our attic are still piled up in the bonus room and a couple things that need to be hung in the kitchen are still not on the wall. It only drives me slightly crazy especially since there is a very big domino effect of all of the stuff that needs to be put away on those things is also piled up in the bonus room and/or spare bedroom.

I'm not letting it annoy me. Really. Okay, maybe a little but his job has been uber stressful and I respect his right to veg when he comes home.

I'll update after my appointment - it might not be until this evening since I'll head into work after it's done.

• I won't update since it's all in my re-intro, but I'll b!tch about my ex-BFF who is giving birth to kid #2 any day now...

@Rachaeleigh - I hate when those waves hit, but good for you for getting through it.  I know it's early, but GL w/ IUI #3

@HoldingOutHope - I had the same feeling when we were going through testing.  Don't get too down, you'll find some answers.

@snegde - a 2 week old?!?!  Yikes, good for you girl!!!
    Me (28): fine, DH (28): MFI
    Married 6/21/09
    Off BCP and TTC 4/17/11
    BFP #1 (ended in CP) 7/15/11
    Varicocelectomy surgery 9/4/12 - T improved to normal, but still low count

Current Status: Pursuing Jan '15 IVF w/ ICSI
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

image    imageimage
  • @Racheleigh- (((hugs))) for the wave of pregnancies and I'm glad you're handling it ok. Even if you're used to it, it can still sting at times though. And FX that NTNP is just the ticket :)
    @HoldingOutHope- GL at your saline sonogram next week! I hope you get some answers with the testing.
    @snegde- I'm glad you're handing being around the baby well and I'm happy to hear that your friend is being sensitive about everything.
    @Smootiepie- (((hugs)))
    @buggirl72- I'm eager to hear about your appt

TTC since April 2012

BFP #1, 10/03/2012 - EDD 6/15/2013 - MMC 11/15/2012 - D&C 01/04/2013

BFP #2, 04/06/2013 - EDD 12/17/2013 - MC 04/19/2013

6/12/2013 Diagnosed with Balanced Translocation (12 & 16)

IVF #1 with PGS: 10/2013: Canceled 9/27/2013 for issues with genetic lab

IVF #1.5 with PGS: 11/16/2013: Canceled. 11 eggs retrieved, 9 mature & 9 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

IVF #2: 1/22/14: Canceled. 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 7 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

IVF #3 with PGS: 5/10/2014: Switched to FET in July. 10 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized, 2 healthy embryos!

FET #1: 7/31/2014: Transferred 2 nearly perfect (6AA, 6BA) healthy embryos- BFFN

Laproscopy: 10/2014: Healthy uterus

IVF #4: 12/8/2014: Canceled. 17 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 10 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

Everyone welcome on my posts

• Hi ladies,
    As for me, eager for my FET next Thursday. I trigger tomorrow and start PIO injections on Sunday. I had my lining check on Wednesday and it was at 8mm, so I'm crossing my fingers that it will go up a few by next Thursday. Our first beta is on our anniversary, so it would be a great anniversary gift to give my husband this year.

TTC since April 2012

BFP #1, 10/03/2012 - EDD 6/15/2013 - MMC 11/15/2012 - D&C 01/04/2013

BFP #2, 04/06/2013 - EDD 12/17/2013 - MC 04/19/2013

6/12/2013 Diagnosed with Balanced Translocation (12 & 16)

IVF #1 with PGS: 10/2013: Canceled 9/27/2013 for issues with genetic lab

IVF #1.5 with PGS: 11/16/2013: Canceled. 11 eggs retrieved, 9 mature & 9 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

IVF #2: 1/22/14: Canceled. 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 7 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

IVF #3 with PGS: 5/10/2014: Switched to FET in July. 10 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized, 2 healthy embryos!

FET #1: 7/31/2014: Transferred 2 nearly perfect (6AA, 6BA) healthy embryos- BFFN

Laproscopy: 10/2014: Healthy uterus

IVF #4: 12/8/2014: Canceled. 17 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 10 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

Everyone welcome on my posts

• @Smootiepie‌ sorry about your ex bf. People can be idiots. @buggirl72‌ I am like your husband. I'm sorry. We just don't have your drive or energy. ;) We wish we did but. :P did you post pics on FB and I missed them???? Can't wait to hear about your appointment. Staying hopeful.
    No pics yet :) No update either :( My car would not start when I went to leave! I think it's the battery but, of course, when my husband got home to check it out, it started right up (which does not make sense with a battery . . .)

• Hi ladies,
    As for me, eager for my FET next Thursday. I trigger tomorrow and start PIO injections on Sunday. I had my lining check on Wednesday and it was at 8mm, so I'm crossing my fingers that it will go up a few by next Thursday. Our first beta is on our anniversary, so it would be a great anniversary gift to give my husband this year.
    Good luck!

• @Smootiepie‌ sorry to hear about the exBFF ((hugs))

@jbasore1123‌ fx for that lining!! I so hope this is your month

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome

• BookishMommaBookishMomma member
    edited July 2014
    Late to the party here. I don't have time to reply to everyone just now, but I've read your responses and am sending hugs and refills on wine to all that need them.

I wish I had good news to report, but unfortunately my "news" includes a brand-new endometriosis diagnosis (or suspected, anyway... my doc saw a 2cm endometrioma on my right ovary during hysteroscopy). He also saw either retained product or scarring from my D&C (done May 1) that needs to be removed via surgery. The insurance approval that came in the mail for my surgery calls the procedure "lysis of adhesions." The RE doesn't plan to do anything about the endo on my ovaries because he fears that with my AMA it will do more harm than good in terms of ovarian reserve.

So we're benched until after the surgery and god knows how long afterward. I'm supposed to call on my next CD1 to schedule the surgery early in my cycle. Then the plan is to move to IUI after we're cleared to try again. The RE says that my endo speeds up our timetable for TTC. He recommends that, after we're done "building our family" that I should be on some type of hormonal therapy basically until menopause to control the endo.

Good times. In the meantime, I've been having bouts of vertigo and nausea so I can't even really drown my sorrows with booze because it just makes me feel more dizzy. WTF, body, get your shit together.

On a slightly more positive note, today is the EDD of my first loss and, with all the other shit that's going on, I feel surprisingly OK about that.

edit: clarity
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• Hi ladies.  Sorry I've been a terrible bumpie lately.  I have been largely MIA on the main board, and I missed the last check-in over here, too.  

@buggirl72  Don't worry about not getting the check-in up on time.
    I'm so sorry your appointment yesterday didn't go better.  Big (((((HUGS)))))

@rachaeleigh  FX for you this cycle, and (((HUGS))) for the wave of pregnancies.

@HoldingOutHope  I am keeping everything crossed for some answers for you from your RE.

@snegde  That is wonderful that your friend is being so sensitive to you and that you're doing so well with being around her baby.  I hope everything works out the way you want with your job.  And obviously I have everything possible crossed for you.  (((HUGS)))

@smootiepie  Sorry about your ex-BFF.  That sucks.

@jbasore1123  FX for you, and I hope your lining thickens up!

@BookishMomma  Huge ((((((((HUGS)))))))) for your EDD and all you are dealing with.

AFM, my US yesterday showed 3 mature follies, so I triggered last night.  My concern this cycle (because I have found that I pick one thing to obsess about every cycle) is that my lining was very thin, only 4.9mm.  They said that it looked great and had 3 layers, which is more important than the thickness, but it just sounds so thin.  I assume it's thin because I just finished my period a few days ago, but I'm not sure how much it will continue to thicken after I trigger.  It's on my list of questions for my RE at my follow up later in August, where we will probably also discuss whether it's time to move to IVF.  

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13 
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
    BFP #3  8/11/14  EDD 4/22/14
  • hey ladies, it's been crazy on the main board huh? Yikes.

AFM I'm alright. In my TWW which is nice, but I've seemed to have lost some hope. Not really sure why... I think just passing the milestone where I won't have a baby in my arms for my daughter's second angelversary really hit hard. Still waiting on H's SA and some blood work of mine.

@HoldingOutHope I think that AMA being 35+ is so ridiculous and sad. Makes you feel older than you really are. I hope you get answers soon.

@Jbasore1123 I'll be thinking of you over the next week! FX!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards