High-Risk Pregnancy

If you are on blood-thinners for APS....

When did you start them? I've tested multiple times for high anti-cardiolipids. The numbers are 'low positive (in the 20s if that means anything to you). Before getting pregnant, my dr said baby aspirin is probably sufficient. Injections might be overkill for my numbers. I was going through IVF and she said that once I got a got a BFP, I'd have to 'make it to her' before the injections would start anyway (I've had 2 early miscarriages before graduating my RE @ 9 weeks like I should). 

I'm currently 4.5 weeks pregnant the natural way(!!!) and I'm paranoid of course. I made my first appt Aug 5th because I'll be 6.5 weeks by then and they can check for a heartbeat. I don't want to bother seeing an empty sac any earlier-too much stress for me. But, do you think I should look into asking about injections sooner? I didn't think so since she said they wouldn't start til I got to her at 9 weeks, but the situation is so different now (And she seemed unsure about using them anyway). Thanks for any opinions!
Our Novel of TTC:

*Male Factor (low count and low motility), High Prolactin, and Polycystic Ovaries (March 2013)
*Recurrent Miscarriage testing also revealed high anti-phospholipids & single MTHFR mutation. (Feb 2014) 

*IVF (07/2013): BFP-Natural Miscarriage @ 5 weeks* <3 Madison Riley <3
*FET #1 (10/2013): BFN
*FET #2 (12/2013)- BFP-Missed Miscarriage at 8 weeks <3 Kyle Andrew <3
*Chromosomes and Karotyping tests were both normal.We lost a healthy baby boy :(
*FET #3 (04/2014) was cancelled after finding Chronic Endometritis
*Miraculous BFP July 2014!! (I was taking baby aspirin and Cabergoline to stay regulated while "taking a break from TTC" and waiting to consult with a reproductive immunologist!!!) 

Our healthy baby girl was born 03/10/15 thanks to daily Lovenox injections and baby aspirin. There are no words for how grateful I am for our rainbow baby. <3

Re: If you are on blood-thinners for APS....

• The nurse called this afternoon and said that based on my bloodwork, I don't need to start any medicines at this time. I sure hope they are right-definitely makes me nervous
    Our Novel of TTC:

*Male Factor (low count and low motility), High Prolactin, and Polycystic Ovaries (March 2013)
    *Recurrent Miscarriage testing also revealed high anti-phospholipids & single MTHFR mutation. (Feb 2014) 

*Chromosomes and Karotyping tests were both normal.We lost a healthy baby boy :(
    *Miraculous BFP July 2014!! (I was taking baby aspirin and Cabergoline to stay regulated while "taking a break from TTC" and waiting to consult with a reproductive immunologist!!!) 

Our healthy baby girl was born 03/10/15 thanks to daily Lovenox injections and baby aspirin. There are no words for how grateful I am for our rainbow baby. <3
  • I've seen both a regular ob and MFM dr. They tested me for all of the panels related to recurrent losses. Lupus was negative and most of the anticardiolipids were low-only one of them was high (I think there is a IGM...and maybe G was high? I was tested several times with similar results on all of them) 
    Our Novel of TTC:

• Loading the player...
  • The minute you know you are pg u need to start
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• I am in the same boat as you(test result wise) and In my last pregnancy we just decided to go for it with the lovenox and it was the only time I have ever stayed pregnant!! I would  be nervous to not be on it! I would call and ask to talk about it. A small dose goes a long way. I am pregnant again and just made it past my "magic" week where I always miscarried and I am positive its all because of the lovenox. Its an east fix to make even if you tested positive at all for the antibodies!! Good luck!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx