March 2013 Moms

Am I Overreacting about my baby girl?

adri616adri616 member
edited July 2014 in March 2013 Moms
To all the ladies reading this I have a quick question. Since I have twins I had someone say to me today "If anything happens to your daughter at least you have another one" I completely freaked out. My husband told me not to overreact because our daughter would be perfectly fine. How would you react to that? Did I have the right to freak? I honestly just don't know anymore.

Re: Am I Overreacting about my baby girl?

• That is a completely ridiculous thing to say! Not sure exactly HOW you reacted, but I would be livid myself. Though I am non-confrontational, so I probably would not create any kind of scene, I would probably spit out an outraged "are you KIDDING me" before my tongue stops working (which is how I react when I get overly emotional, I just can NOT form words).
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My reaction was me jumping out of my seat and screaming "what did you just say to me?" And bursting into tears. My husband had to take me out of the hospital before I did (or said) something I would regret. But trust me I tried my best NOT to freak but when it comes to my family I just can't help myself @SarahRae85‌
  • Loading the player...
  • ok apparently there are 2 posts and I replied to the other one. putting it here now...

uhh that is a ridiculous comment.  really? who says that?  I would flip out on them too.  Even if you have 20 children, of course you want ALL of them to be healthy and happy.  So what if you have others, that doesn't make it ok that one is hurting.  I am appalled that someone would actually say that to you...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
  • I feel the same way. She had kids of her own also. I just don't understand people. @MrsG071809‌
  • adri616 said:
    My reaction was me jumping out of my seat and screaming "what did you just say to me?" And bursting into tears. My husband had to take me out of the hospital before I did (or said) something I would regret. But trust me I tried my best NOT to freak but when it comes to my family I just can't help myself @SarahRae85‌
    It was FAMILY that said that? TBH, if anyone said that, it would probably be DH that took over, especially when he sees how much they upset me. If it was a guy, DH would probably have swung at them over such a comment.

Not sure how one can overreact if someone basically says it doesn't matter if your kid dies, you have a replacement.
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • God no I would've freaked even more it was some stranger in the hospital. I worded it wrong. I meant when someone says something about my family I can't help but freak. I'm extremely close with my husbands family so my in laws took care of that while my husband was trying to calm me down. My husband also had some words for the woman. @SarahRae85‌
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"