January 2015 Moms
Options

mods (and everyone else)...should we have a stickied "team" thread?

longcat07longcat07 member
edited July 2014 in January 2015 Moms
i was just thinking with all the reveal announcements starting up (and there's only going to be more in the next couple months), maybe we should sticky a thread for people to post in so the spreadsheet can be updated.  or maybe that info can go into the spreadsheet thread, where people posted their initial info?

i don't know.  it was a thought, lol.

edit: this is NOT a suggestion to ban reveal threads.  this is something additional, purely in the interest of ease of maintaining the spreadsheet on the blog, if that's something we're still doing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
photo gum-chewers.gif
BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails

Re: mods (and everyone else)...should we have a stickied "team" thread?

• Options
    vjdk07vjdk07 member
    Maybe a clicky poll where people can choose pink, blue, purple, or green? For people that just want to know how many of each we have. Nof course, we would probably run into the problem of people choosing what they want instead.
    Me: 31 DH:36
    DSS: 15 DS: 7
    DD born 1/3/15

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Well we should maybe have a poll for ppl to click ONCE and only ONCE they have found out the sex. Team green can just click green. That way no one posts what they want it to be or what they think the sex is. A factual poll. That way the spreadsheet can be updated
    BabyFetus Ticker

#1 Son born: 18 June 2008 :) 
     #2 M/C: 23 January 2014 at 5w,2d :( 
     #3 BFP: 28 April 2014. Yay! EDD: 6th January 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was just thinking about this, I think a poll for those who actually know is a good idea or even resending the spreadsheet post so people can update.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    a poll would be good for a quick visual, as long as people post in the thread too (since you can't see how people vote).  unless we don't really care about updating the spreadsheet, in which case it doesn't matter.  lol
    photo gum-chewers.gif

• Options
    That spreadsheet (for me anyway) has been a bitch to keep up with and I am sure @willcmyink and @muskiefan07 would agree (maybe...). I'd prefer to not have to go through and update it even more. Just my 2 cents. 
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    i was just thinking it must be hell for the girls doing the spreadsheet to have to comb through posts to see if they missed anyone.
    photo gum-chewers.gif

• Options
    longcat07 said:
    i was just thinking it must be hell for the girls doing the spreadsheet to have to comb through posts to see if they missed anyone.
    I was slacking majorly on it because it just became to cumbersome of a burden...oops. The spreadsheet is LOOOOOOONNNNNNG and we definitely don't have THAT many active posters. 
  • Options
    @YaMrWhite i don't blame you.  it sounds like a nightmare.
    photo gum-chewers.gif

• Options
    No. It is a fun and exciting time. Posters should get their own AW thread if they want to.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was just thinking about this. Maybe just have a team blue or pink and when the team greens find out they can add it then.

But if it's once and done what about those that are told it's a ... And find out at the birth it's a ... If they can change their answer then I would say add a green so that they would be able to change it once they find it, if this is even possible?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No. It is a fun and exciting time. Posters should get their own AW thread if they want to.
    i never said they couldn't post a AW thread too.  the spreadsheet thread is a place to post your name and EDD and all that but everyone could still post a intro thread if they wanted.  i just wanted to make life a little easier for the girls taking care of the spreadsheet, if they're still interested in doing so.
    photo gum-chewers.gif

• Options
    YaMrWhite said:
    That spreadsheet (for me anyway) has been a bitch to keep up with and I am sure @willcmyink and @muskiefan07 would agree (maybe...). I'd prefer to not have to go through and update it even more. Just my 2 cents. 
    In my previous BMB, we had a spreadsheet through Google Docs where people could go in and update themselves. It worked well for the most part. Although once the whole TMI personal info thing went down with S12, it became a little more of, I don't want my info out there! (It had birth weight/length and name on it as well). If a spreadsheet was wanted (with limited info and what not), Google Docs would be the best way to go. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    YaMrWhite said:
    oh shoot, i missed this post.  we must've posted at the same time.  ok then, no more spreadsheet!  sounds good to me.  :)
    photo gum-chewers.gif

• Options
    I'm with @YaMrWhite...that spreadsheet is getting ridiculous and people seem to just be posting their info to the spreadsheet thread then never participating in the BMB again. Part of me wants to get rid of it all together. I had started updating with team pink or blue as people were posting but then I was like, "I have other WAY more important things to do with my time...like work...and do a baby registry..."
    Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• Options
    I'm with @YaMrWhite...that spreadsheet is getting ridiculous and people seem to just be posting their info to the spreadsheet thread then never participating in the BMB again. Part of me wants to get rid of it all together. I had started updating with team pink or blue as people were posting but then I was like, "I have other WAY more important things to do with my time...like work...and do a baby registry..."
    Every time I log in here for a few minutes and see there are new notifications on that thread I cringe! 
  • Options
    That spreadsheet is really hard to keep up with. Like @YaMrWhite‌ and @WillCMyInk‌ have pointed out, there are SO MANY people who have requested their date to be added and rarely participate on here.

I'm all for a poll so people can see how many blue and pinks there are, and if people want the doc to be "public" to be able to edit it, I'm not bothered by it.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Options
    I like the idea of the poll. Then in Jan we can do another one for all the team greens & if (but hopefully not) some got the wrong sex. But I think I'd be fun that way :) one now one later & people can post if they please on the poll or do a personal AW post of their own if they must. It's very exciting but after a while I end up just scrolling past any reveals unless I'm reeeeeally bored. Just an honest opinion. Ohh that spreadsheet looks like a totally nightmare to keep up with! Extra hugs & lollipops to you who manged to keep up so far.
  • Options
    Britt1406 said:
    YaMrWhite said:
    In my previous BMB, we had a spreadsheet through Google Docs where people could go in and update themselves. It worked well for the most part. Although once the whole TMI personal info thing went down with S12, it became a little more of, I don't want my info out there! (It had birth weight/length and name on it as well). If a spreadsheet was wanted (with limited info and what not), Google Docs would be the best way to go. 
    @Brit1406
    Are you talking about the BMB September 2012.....bc that's my home board-what are you referring to?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think we should do a clicky poll right now, and then possibly a second one after babies are born to see if anyone had the wrong sex at the AS.  

I suggest
    - Pink
    - Blue
    - Purple (twins, 1 boy 1 girl)
    - Green

and then people can contribute once they've found out what they're having - we could maybe make it an announcement so it stays at the top? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I only want to see a spread sheet if I'm working. I like the poll idea and honestly don't need to have a reference of what each individual is expecting to have. We will know about the ones that matter to each of us by the announcement posts. It's interesting to know how many of each, but how many are actually going to go back and review a spread sheet?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"