Multiples
Options

11 month nap regression

Wishing35Wishing35 member
edited July 2014 in Multiples

Just when we had a good routine going for a while my girls have decided to switch things up on me. For the past 2 weeks they have been fighting their afternoon nap like crazy and I'm at a loss as to what to do. Our normal routine is 630-7 wake up nap approx 9-10 and nap again 1-2 or 230. They have been going down for the first nap ok, a little bit of playing and laughing at each other ( their cribs are side by side) but then they roll around and fall asleep. Sometimes this takes 10 minutes somtimes a half hour. They get up anywhere between 945 to 1015 and are happy. For the afternoon it used to be the same, but lately its a nightmare. I leave for work at 115 and my husband works 9pm-7am so I put them down at 1 and get ready real quick and put the moniter by the bed so he can sleep until they wake up. They have been playing, standing , crying you name it anything but nap for the past few weeks. If they do fall asleep it could take an hour of this sort of stuff before they finally give in. I can tell they are exhausted because they are cranky and rubbing thier eyes etc. Then of course they are fussy until bedtime when they fall asleep immediatly. Some nights they are ok but I have noticed on the worst days ,when they dont get any afternnon nap they will wake up crying and its an hour or 2 process to get them back to sleep! I have no idea what to do, today they didnt even take a morning nap so I tried to do an earlier nap at 1230, they fell asleep right away but only slept until 145 and woke up screaming crying, DH says they where fussy and cranky until bedtime. Any suggestions please?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 11 month nap regression

• Options
    DD dropped her second nap before she was 1. IIRC, she was down to one nap by the time she started daycare at 11 months, so she probably started fighting it by 10 months. I think I spent 3 days trying to force a second nap and then gave up. The morning nap was bumped back, and bed time was bumped up, until she adjusted. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"