July 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 12/23

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 12/23

• Options
    @meanjellybean omg... that was my faaaavorite too! It's the sweetest when they're little like that and just being so polite <3 And all the word mix ups... yes!
    They're the best. We don't always correct DD when she screws stuff up b/c it's so cute! She called The Grinch, The Grunch for the longest time. We just corrected her recently b/c it was cute and hilarious lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @blaf322 the Grunch!! Ahh I love it. That's adorable. The word mixups are so cute. DD loves mac and cheese (we often make her the Annie's mac and bees with bee shapes). She also loves Mickey Mouse. For some reason recently she mixes up "mac and bees" and "mickey mouse" it's hilarious lol.
  • Options
    @blaf322 I love this gif so much!

H and I told his siblings we're pregnant Friday on our family video chat/gift exchange and they had delightful reactions! His brother and sister-in-law have somewhat flexible lives (she's in a PHd program in the writing a dissertation part of the program and he works for google with flexible WFH and time off) and they were like "we'll come when the baby is born and before if you need help getting things ready" and I was like yes please (we don't really have any local family). His sister also had a lovely reaction but she's a bit more...reserved is not quite the right word, I think she's just very much enjoying her current life (as she should) so while the news of being an aunt for the first time was fun for her it wasn't quite an OMG moment.

We also told our two good friends/neighbors who have a full mother-in-law airbnb suite in their basement and we told them to be like "hey, big news, also, can you block your suite for July" (we'll pay them something for it, less than airbnb rate though). I also told my best friend who is a hyper-introvert/not super into kids but she had a nice enough reaction. It is fun and super nerve wracking telling people, we probably won't tell anyone else until we're in the clear re:testing.
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited December 2019
    @pocketrose what a sweet response from your BIL and SIL! That's so kind of them to offer to help!
  • Options
    @blaf322 They're a bit young (mid 20s whereas H and I are in our early 30s) but also want their own children in the not too distant future and also have lived a bit of a charmed life (I don't mean this negatively, they just have had a relatively easy, comfortable life post grad whereas H and I graduated into the recession and also had some medical things to contend with), all of this to say I think they're delighted to be able to be in a position where they can come help and be needed.
  • Options
    Has anyone checked out one of the closing Destination Maternity stores? Wondering if the closing sale is worth the trip. I mostly just need a new bra really badly, but I am too lazy to go in person unless the sales are worthwhile. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 they had a really good online sale going on. I bought a few things during. I’m not 100% if it’s still going on. But seeing the fake bump I almost wish I would’ve gone to a store 😂
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 I was loling. Also was the only one there so the salesgirl probably thought I was insane. I get the idea but it was just so unnatural and funny to me 
  • Options
    Super Sad that I haven’t been wanting my morning coffee. But hot  chocolate has been a daily craving the past few days. It’s the holidays so why not. 
  • Options
    thanks @b_1029 @nursejenn5 I decided to check it out during lunch today, which was kind of a mistake because holy crap holiday traffic, but I scored 3 bras, 5 pairs of underwear, 2 nursing nightgowns (mostly for postpartum), and 1 sweater for like $60 total. This was their last week so they were very picked through but the sales were good if you could find stuff you want. Everything was 60-80% off, an additional 70% off clearance, and for bras/undies if you buy 5 or more of any combo you get an extra 50% off on top of the 70% they were already marked down. So a $30 bra ended up being like $5. 
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 same! I miss my coffee but hate it when I try it. Hot chocolate though....mmmmm 😋
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 @mehugg Dunkin Donuts has the best hot chocolate I swear!
  • Options
    @meanjellybean ooo and there is one on my way to work. I might need to stop one morning!
  • Options
    I didn't know Destination Maternity was closing stores! I only just realized recently that we still had a Motherhood nearby; I thought the only one had closed. Or rather, it became a tiny and super overpriced section inside Macy's. But apparently the one that is nearby is closing down. We do have an outlet about 30 minutes away, but that's closing, too.

It's hard to shop for maternity clothes online, and I'm going to need some again because I already got rid of all mine. Target it is, I guess. Ooh, and I'm going to try the ThredUP box thing that they do. All assuming that things continue on OK. I'm feeling nervous lately, probably because of my upcoming appointment (Friday).
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    @meanjellybean I second this, DD has such good hot chicolate! I could go for some now, I also haven’t been very into coffee recently. I’ve found that I’m just fine without the caffeine, but I do miss the ritual of it. Helps get the day off on the right foot!
  • Options
    I can’t drink coffee but love coffee shops, so I drink hot chocolate year round 😋. My local bakery is currently serving up all hot chocolates with homemade peppermint marshmallows and so much whipped cream, and I’m here for it. 
  • Options
    FFTC: I had 2nd breakfast today :# We're closing at 1pm so I won't really have time to take a lunch and I'll definitely be nauseous if I ate breakfast at 7:30 and didn't eat again until 1:30 or so. I'm judging myself for that one lol
  • Options
    So my SIL went to the ER overnight with severe gall bladder pain. Turns out she has stones and needs to get the whole thing removed in the next 2-3 weeks. The nurse asked whether she had a baby recently and she said yes (her son is 14 months) and the nurse said they see this a lot - apparently the rise in estrogen from pregnancy and breast feeding can impact cholesterol, which impacts your gall bladder function....who knew!
  • Options
    @mehugg

YES I know lots of people with gallbladder issues after havinh baby (I feel like specifically c section but maybe that's just my experience with people I know) but never knew it was a thing. 

I diagnosed a gf who was having pain and she went to dr and said "hey, guess what, you were right!". 

My sister had issues during her 2nd pregnancy actually but its yet to be removed.

• Options
    Egg recall for listeria.... this is for hard boiled eggs. Not raw eggs you purchase and then cook at home 
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/25/health/hard-boiled-egg-recall-expanded-nationwide-trnd/index.html
  • Options
    blaf322 said:
    Egg recall for listeria.... this is for hard boiled eggs. Not raw eggs you purchase and then cook at home 
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/25/health/hard-boiled-egg-recall-expanded-nationwide-trnd/index.html
    Always knew the pre-boiled ones grossed me out  for a reason 🤢
  • Options
    @kristinl492 those are super gross to me too. But it would/could also include deli egg salad and things like that... which I’d totally eat, normally 
  • Options
    @blaf322 yup, had to throw out a couple packs in the fridge. I eat them pretty regularly but haven’t for over a week. The brand I had was part of the voluntary recall, no illness reported, so I assume I’m in the clear but still scary. Listeria is bad news. 
  • Options
    @rachelredhead oh no! I'm sure you're fine though... especially since we're still early in pregnancy and our immune systems aren't as compromised yet. But, just keep an eye out if you start to feel any listeriosis symptoms in the coming weeks... just to be safe. Sometimes it can take a little time to show up. 
  • Options
    Me: expensive going home outfits are ridiculous
    Also me: (ignoring $55 price tag) oooo... this one is CUTE! 
  • Options
    Oh man I totally used to buy those precooked HB eggs from Trader Joe’s every week but thankfully I stopped a few weeks ago thanks to pregnancy induced egg aversion. 
  • Options
    This thread is just making me really crave hard boiled eggs. Basically what happens whenever anyone mentions any food ever. 
  • Options
    You guys. I ordered pizza tonight with green olives on it. It took 45 minutes and it came with green peppers instead of green olives. I *may* have cried a little about this. Thank gawd my DH picked it up for carryout and we weren't eating there. 😬
  • Options
    DH went out for the afternoon college football games earlier today and it’s now turning into an all night kind of thing at a friends house. Usually, this would annoy me, but I get the bed and TV to myself for the first time in a while so I’m kind of excited.  I said as long as you’ve got a place to crash so you don’t have to drive, I’ll see you in the morning ✌🏻. Time to finally catch up on the new season of Mrs. Maisel! Anyone else love that show??
  • Options
    It’s been a rough few days! We got home Thursday night and our youngest started throwing up and continued to do so through most of the night. Poor girl was so tired we were holding her up to puke 😢 The next morning I went to change the water bottle for our hamster (well it’s really our oldest’s) only to find he had passed away. We still don’t know what happened and our girls were devastated. Today I had a vet appointment for our dog who suddenly stopped using one of his back legs and his paw looks so painful! The doctor was puzzled and thinks it’s a localized cancer 😭 I barely got any answers and we are just trying to keep him pain free until we hear from a dermatologist. He said everything he’d suggest would help but then it could come back. I feel so bad for him and bad that the best I can do is pain meds for now. Then to top the day off I now have a stomach bug. I haven’t eaten since lunch so maybe it will be short lived but my stomach hurts so bad and the rest of what’s going on is not pleasant... off to bed for at least a few minutes. 

• Options
    @kristinl492 We love Mrs. Maisel!!  We are a few episodes into the new season and it is good! 

@hbird0723 ugh, that is all so rough.  I hope you are able to rest tonight.  ❤
  • Options
    @hbird0723 good lord, that is quite a lot going on. I was coming here to complain about my sick kid getting me sick but at least it’s not a stomach bug🤢 that is the worst. I’m off to bed to hopefully sleep as well...
  • Options
    @hbird0723 Hope things settle down that’s a lot.
  • Options
    Thank you! It was one of the longest nights of my life. I was sick every 30 minutes for a good 11 hours and still feeling nauseous. I think this morning is more because of morning sickness since I wasn’t able to take my diclegis last night. I’m also wondering if it’s because I haven’t eaten since lunch yesterday. Right now I’m just trying to get a little water in me and some applesauce. We shall see how it settles. My oldest was also throwing up last night. Thankfully my husband hasn’t gotten it and was able to take care of her because I could barely function. Things have to go up from here right. I just keep trying to count the blessings...

• Options
    @hbird0723 oh no!!! That sounds awful, I hope you and the kiddos get better soon 💞 that's so hard about the pets too. Sweet angels. I hope everything turns out okay with pup.
  • Options
    @hbird0723 oh wow. Bless your heart. That’s so much to deal with all at once. I hope everyone is feeling better and you’re able to get some answers about your pup soon!
  • Options
    @hbird0723 sending good thoughts towards you, your family, and your pup!