Parenting after a Loss
Options

SAHM Suggestions

So starting tomorrow at 230pm, I will officially be a SAHM.  I'm super excited and nervous about my new adventure.  I have high hopes of many fun times to come with my little one but I also don't want to disappoint my husband.  Do you ladies have any suggestions to make the transition easy?  Ways to get everything done?  Food Suggestions?  I'm pretty much open to anything right now. Just trying to figure things out. Thank you so much!

BFP#1 02/19/12 missed mc 03/30/12 1st D&C 05/16/12 2nd D&C 08/17/12 
BFP #2 06/26/13 EDD 2/26/14 Hoping for my rainbow baby!
image Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

~~AL Always Welcome~~
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: SAHM Suggestions

• Options

Congrats! So exciting to start a new chapter! I am jealous, would love to stay home with Baby Boots.

I was on mat leave for almost 3 months and I started getting cabin fever bigtime so definitely line up some activities to avoid that.

Baby related activities (when baby is big enough) like Little Gym or Parent/child swimming or Parent/child yoga are great ways to be active and entertain baby. BB also likes Book Babies at the local library and it's freeeeee!

If you have a gym that has childcare while you work out that is a great option, I do that in the evenings sometimes when I just need some ME time.

Also look for some SAHM meet-ups, great way to meet other SAHMs (and Dads!) for play dates and such.

Good luck!!!!

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options

Congrats!  As of this Friday at 5pm I will also be a SAHM.  Though mine is temporary....I'm giving myself a year to either make working at home a success, or MH needs to find a better job so I can only work part time.  But I'm so excited for this next year.

Since I haven't done it yet, I can only tell you what I plan to do.  Like PPs said, I think having a schedule will be great.  I could see myself trying to do EVERYTHING each day and that is impossible, so I think it will be nice to get my stuff done for the day and then be "off' (except for caring for LO).  But being flexible is important too....I'm not going to sit around and watch TV all day, but if LO had a bad day and needs me more, I won't beat myself up if I didn't finish the laundry.

I also plan to take weekends off from chores and such just like an outside job, and I think it is a good idea to talk to your husband about what you each expect.  Someone explained it to me like this once....if you work in an office, you're done when you leave.  You shouldn't have to take phone calls or emails after that, so at 5pm a SAHM's job should be done too, and after that things are both people's responsibility, such as bath time, bed time, helping kids with homework, etc.

I think another important thing is to shower and get dressed every morning.  I think it would be all too easy to not shower until later in the day, and stay in yoga pants all day (ok so this might happen but I'm shooting to actually get dressed a couple times a week) and feel like crap.  Good luck!

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not a full time SAHM, but I don't work in the summer, so 3 months a year I am. You've already been given some great tips but I'll try to add in what I can. My DH works pretty long hours (9-9 several days a week) and spending hour after hour one on one with L can get tiring! I often take a drive...I grab a coffee or something and ride around for awhile. Getting out and about can help break things up. L and I also go to the local park pretty often, it's free and there are usually other people there to chat with and for L to interact with. I try to get things done around the house when L is napping, but sometimes I just chill out on the couch and watch some TV. I've felt guilty about it in the past but I try to remind myself that it's ok to relax sometimes. I also have a list of small projects I'm working on (going through clothes for goodwill, reorganizing our office, etc...) that DH and I think should be done around the house. Finally, try to find an independent activity for yourself to get some "me" time, I'm part of a monthly book club and also go to a weekly Weight Watchers meeting, both of these help me feel connected to other adults/women. I think someone else already said this but I make a point to shower, put on a little makeup and dress in real clothes everyday no matter what our plans are. Granted my clothes are comfy and practical for hanging with a toddler all day, but I feel better about myself doing this. I hope you enjoy your new adventure!

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"