Parenting after 35

sharing a smile (I hope)

springbeduk2springbeduk2 member
edited July 2014 in Parenting after 35
This morning my LO (10.5 weeks old) was being fussy and so I was trying to cheer/distract her and for some reason started singing ABBA songs to her and she got the biggest smile and just stared at me adoringly. Heart-melting.  And hilarious because I am truly a terrible singer - cannot carry a tune at all.  I just hope singing to her won't cause her to be as musically impaired as I am ... I'll have to make sure she hears plenty of good singers too!  But anyway it was just so adorable the way she looked at me then (and of course lovely that she stopped crying and seemed to be happy for a while) that I wanted to share.  

Anyone else have an  extra-happy-moment lately with your LO(s) that you'd like to share?

Edited to add: I have sung to her before and it often does calm her down but nothing like the way she responded to ABBA songs.
Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!

Re: sharing a smile (I hope)

• DS1 always calms down and reacts to 'She Talks to Angels' by the Black Crowes and 'Diarm' by Stone Temple Pilots.  Not the best lyrics but whatever works.

DS2 and I fell asleep in the recliner very early this morning.  When he woke up he pulled back, looked at me, smile, and lunged forward to hug me (as best a 9 month old does).

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oops I just realized one of the songs she liked was a Blondie song not Abba. Hood to know her taste is a little broader. More options.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS1 always calms down and reacts to 'She Talks to Angels' by the Black Crowes and 'Diarm' by Stone Temple Pilots.  Not the best lyrics but whatever works.

DS2 and I fell asleep in the recliner very early this morning.  When he woke up he pulled back, looked at me, smile, and lunged forward to hug me (as best a 9 month old does).

Adorable!!!!
  • Geeps2Geeps2 member
    Awwww that is THE BEST!!!!  

My 8 month old (as of today) started this evening while I was feeding him dinner to shake his head no and cracking himself up laughing.  It was adorable.  He also is now liking to pull himself up to standing and rock back and forth like a cockatiel (sp???) and gets his knees all into it too.  He is a goofball.

My 2 year old didn't nap today so she was not so adorable lol.  Tomorrow is another day!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Genius thread. I love all the gooey stuff our babies do! Mine is totally melting me lately. She just started saying mama (!!!) and awhile ago we were playing with her stuffed bunny and I told her bunny wants a kiss and made it give her a kiss...well now every time I show her one of her stuffed animals she opens her mouth and leans forward to give it a kiss. But the best moment so far was the other day, I offered to watch my neighbor's 1 yr old for a few hours. She's a really clingy girl and she was upset the whole time. I was trying to get her to play and she was crying. My baby went up to her and tried to give her a kiss. So freaking sweet!!!!

Oh and music is our thing in this house. I have a song I made up that I sing to her a lot. She loves my eighties music. (I love ABBA too!) But I think her favorite thing in the world is when daddy gets out his guitar and plays for her. :)
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Geeps2Geeps2 member
    I have one today for my 2 year old.  I had to go into work for a couple hours for some meetings.  When I got home she was super glued to me and she gave me the biggest hug and when I went to put her down she said in the sweetest voice "Mamma, I just want you to hug me."  How can ya say no to that!!!????  Oh and she did nap today so she was a nice lady to be around lol

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mine are so stinking adorable. The 12 week old loves to talk. He coos and smiles and winks. And he stares adoringly at the 2 year old when she talks to him. She has started in the past few weeks telling stories and playing pretend. My fav was Pete the Cat. (If you don't have the Pete the Cat books, go get them right this second!). When I got her out of her crib, she said, "Mama, it was raining, and Pete got wet. On his shoes and his tail!" In the first Pete book, no matter what happens, the narrator asks "But did Pete Cry?" And the answer is "Goodness no!" So I asked "So did Pete cry?" And she said, "Yes! Because his long long tail got wet too! And it was raining!" So stinking cute!
  • springbeduk2 I love Abba! I should sing more Abba songs to DS.

DS is into kissing right now. He kisses his stuffed animals and the illustrations in story books we read. Also, sometimes he melts my heart when he kisses me so hard that I can feel his little teeth against my lips. I never imagined that I would feel so LOVED by my child. Amazing. 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• My kids have been kissing for a while. For a nine month old, it involves a lot of slobber, snorting, and sometimes a tongue. I was playing with the kids in their playroom this afternoon. My little man looked at me from across the room and suddenly started crawling at me really fast, laughing all the way. He climbed on my lap and started kissing my face. Little girl was playing next to me, started laughing, and climbed up to kiss me at the same time. All three of us were laughing while they slobbered all over my face! Afterwards, they chatted and laughed while hanging out on my lap.

I love that they chat, play, and even hold hands. So cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"