Preemies

Teething?

My baby was born at 26 weeks on March 6th. Her adjusted age is 1 and a half month. Almost two months. She would be going on 5 months. I noticed was was super cranky but tired the other day. She has been drooling and has her fingers in her mouth constantly. She usually uses a paci and does not want it all the time. I feed her and she still does it. She is 9lbs and taking 41/2 oz every 3 to 4 hours. Sometimes she sleeps five hours during the day and I am afraid to wake her. My questions are: Is she teething? Is she hungry and wants more milk? She seems fussy at night when she is in crib too. Like she doesn't want to be in it so last night I gave in and put her in a rock and play to sleep. Then she woke up spitting up so I had to elevate her even more. I am stuck and not sure what to do.

Re: Teething?

• KTZ17KTZ17 member
    I doubt your DD is teething at such a young age, though it is possible. My DD went through a heavy drooling phase and I asked the pedi if she was teething (around 2 or 3 months I think) and she said babies start producing more saliva at that age and don't know what to do with it, so they drool. As for sleeping 5 hours during the day, I would feed her every 3 hours during the day to encourage her to sleep a longer stretch at night instead of during the day. My DD went through a period at 3 months actual, one month adjusted where I could not get her to sleep at night but during the day she was out. These babies are ever-changing! I'm sorry I don't have any advice for the elevation, but if she seems more comfortable in the rock n play I would use it.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Pips09Pips09 member
    It's possible, but I think it's unlikely that she's teething. Babies go through so many changes and phases. Just when you think they have a routine, they change it up on you. I would just try to make her comfortable, like you would with any fussy newborn.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"