August 2014 Moms
Options

The 2 week wait.....again

38 weeks tomorrow, and I can't help reflect back to the original 2 week wait. There are so many similarities. That cramp, implantation Or Braxton? Did my period start? or oh shit is that bloody show or my water? Might as well have sex because at this point it either stuck or it's gonna help this peanut arrive.

The anxiety of waiting takes on 2 totally different tones. Instead of waiting to Poas for results, we wait to head to L&D and wait for them to tell us if this is real or a false alarm. Are they BH or the full on real deal.

Well, my house is damn near spotless, so I'm hoping all the bending, scrubbing, and squatting makes this baby wanna come out :)

Have a great night ladies. And so, we wait :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The 2 week wait.....again

• Options
    Lena76Lena76 member
    This is so true! I have 27 days left. It reminds me of how long it took between the positive pregnancy test and my first ultrasound at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    Very true!  Never thought of it this way before.

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    August 7th can't come soon enough for us!
  • Options
    9 days left!!!!! I keep trying to remind myself that baby can come past the 40 week mark like DS1 did. I'm still counting down the days though!

• Options
    This is so true!!!
    TTC#1 11.1.2010 |  BFP 1.4.2011 | Benton Henry born 9.13.2011

TTC #2 11.1.2013 | BFP 12.17.13 | Due Date 8.22.14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Interesting way to look at it!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely true for me! lol
    TTC #1 since August 2011 w/ unexplained IF
    09/12-11/13: 3 TIs, 3 IUIs, ICSI/PGS IVF & 2 FETs
    08/14: Our little miracle has FINALLY arrived - 3 years after we started trying!
  • Options
    I hadn't thought of it like that, but you are so right! Those first two weeks and these last two sure feel like forever, and every time you sneeze you wonder if it's a "symptom" or a "sign" that something is happening.

I like this end of things better though :) It comes with an outside baby!
  • Options
    pmpkn219pmpkn219 member
    edited July 2014
    So true! In my head I'm counting down to 41 weeks, going to set my expectations low and maybe be surprised! But it is irritating not knowing When will it be?!? And somehow 5 more weeks sounds way longer than 4?
  • Options
    I am two weeks away tomorrow. With DS1 my water broke at 38w4d. I would be so happy if that happened again because that would mean that I would go into labor on Friday. Wishful thinking I'm sure. I am just trying to be busy and make plans and hope that I have to break them later on.

• Options
    I'm counting down the days, hours, minutes, seconds! Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"