August 2013 Moms
Options

Party menu

What's on it for LO's birthday party? I can't decide what to do. I don't want to have to have someone slaving away at a grill or in the kitchen a bunch but want to offer up some decent eats since we're doing the party around dinner-ish time, 5:30. Any suggestions
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Party menu

• Options
    Burgers and brats, dinosaur chicken nuggets, salad, fruit and veggie trays, cupcakes. My alternate plan was buying tubs of pulled pork/chicken from the BBQ place down the road.
  • Options
    APK141APK141 member
    We are having the party at 2:00. And like pp, snacky foods. (That's why I picked that time!) Dollar roll sammiches, veggie and fruit trays, child and salsa/dip.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've got the taco man coming. We don't have to do anything. He even brings plates.
  • Options
    Hot dogs, chips, fruit, other little snacks. Its a lunch time party, so nothing crazy.

• Options
    We doing it at a park, and someone is building a BBQ grill...so we will be doing burgers and dogs, and maybe some ribs....Then the usual snack foods.

• Options
    We're doing tri-tip sandwiches and maybe also BBQ chicken.  Then BBQ-style sides like potato salad and coleslaw, since I can make those a day ahead, a green salad or just cut up veggies, and corn on the cob, which cooks up quickly and easily.  Watermelon and cake for dessert.  Lemonade, water, and beer for drinks. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    H is going to grill up burgers, sausages, hot dogs and chicken. I'm going to make a couple kinds of salad (a green salad and maybe a pasta salad too), and then fruit, veggies, cheese and crackers, and beans.

• Options
    @Ashesha13‌ thanks for posting. This has been on my mind too. We are renting a hall so no grill available and I'm trying to figure out the best menu plan. I've gotten as far as fruit skewers, pasta salad, soft pretzel tray, and cupcakes. Need to decide on BBQ from a local place or sandwich trays or something else...told myself I'd nail the details down once the rsvps start rolling in. Really need to work on this.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are having ours in afternoon as well. Monkey theme and I managed to find a monkey cookie cutter so going to make monkey shaped sandwiches, watermelon shapes, chips and cake or cupcakes. Not sure what we will have to drink, probably juice and water.
    **July Siggy Challenge**

• Options
    petey1106 said:
    We will probably be grilling hamburgers and hot dogs, although @katykatmeowz is tempting me to order from the BBQ place that catered our wedding ... then all I have to do is pick it up! Off to get a proposal now!

Doesn't that sound like a great idea? Man, maybe I'll go back to that. It would save me some work. I'm keeping the Dino nuggets, though. @shivers7 I had an AMAZING banana punch recipe I picked up in culinary school, but I can't find it now. It was basically frozen banana purée, simple syrup, and sprite. Anyway, it sounds like a good drink for monkey party. Maybe @minnesotamomma91 and our other Curious George fans should try it too!
  • Options
    I'm doing everything the day before so I don't have to worry about it. Pasta salad, fruit kabobs, party meatballs, veggies and dip, hot dogs, and grilled veggie kabobs. I'm also making my favorite adult pool party food: raspberry/vodka Jell-O shots inside lemon wedges. It's a pink lemonade party after all!
  • Options
    shivers7 said:

We are having ours in afternoon as well. Monkey theme and I managed to find a monkey cookie cutter so going to make monkey shaped sandwiches, watermelon shapes, chips and cake or cupcakes. Not sure what we will have to drink, probably juice and water.

Ooh! Where did you get the monkey cookie cutter?! We're doing a sock monkey theme!
  • Options

I'm doing everything the day before so I don't have to worry about it. Pasta salad, fruit kabobs, party meatballs, veggies and dip, hot dogs, and grilled veggie kabobs. I'm also making my favorite adult pool party food: raspberry/vodka Jell-O shots inside lemon wedges. It's a pink lemonade party after all!

Those raspberry lemonade shots sound yummy!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    rh10264706rh10264706 member
    edited July 2014
    We are having a baseball themed party so we are having all foods you eat at a baseball game. Hot dogs, popcorn, cracker jacks, soft pretzels, etc. although we are also having fruit and cake, which is not served at a baseball game. We went away from the theme a little bit.

Edit: spelling
  • Options

Those raspberry lemonade shots sound yummy!!!
    They are delish! You should also try cranberry jello inside a lime, tastes just like a strong cranberry vodka.
  • Options

We are having a baseball themed party so we are having all foods you eat at a baseball game. Hot dogs, popcorn, cracker jacks, soft pretzels, etc. although we are also having fruit and cake, which is not served at a baseball game. We went away from the theme a little bit.

Edit: spelling

@rh10264706‌ we are having a baseball party as well but we have peanut allergy guests so cracker jacks are out:(. I wanted to have peanuts and cracker jacks as part of the menu and decor. Bummer.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't want to have to do any of the cooking or prep, so we are ordering 6-foot burritos from a local Mexican place. They come with rice, chips & salsa, guacamole, & salad with dressing. Pretty much everything! I am making cupcakes also.
  • Options
    Yea I think we'll order something depending on how many RSVP. If not my aunt gave me the idea of a salad "bar" like green salad, pasta salad, fruit salad, taco salad... Idk of all that would be filling enough but it's all easy prep and actually sounds refreshing in the hot summer
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
  • Options
    We're doing a watermelon themed party so I'm going to do some watermelon stuff for apps

Dinner:
    DH is going to smoke some pork shoulders; we'll pull them apart for sandwiches. I'm going to watermelon, feta and arugula salad with a balsamic reduction as well. That's all I've finalized for dinner, I'll probably do baked beans and salt potatoes to round it out. 

For dessert I'm going to do watermelon cupcakes, a cake (probably chocolate) and sugar cookies. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I usually cook all my own food for my parties, but I'm catering this one from the same place that did DD's christening and where I had my baby shower. (Fun fact: It's also where my mother's bridal shower was back in 1972!)

• Options
    Jlhkandme830 I got it from a local party supplier. I'm not sure where she found it. I was so excited!
    **July Siggy Challenge**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"