March 2013 Moms

Whats new with you and your LO?

We need some life in this board, so you have to give us two updates.

What's something new that your LO is doing/has mastered/whatever?

And what's new with YOU?
DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Whats new with you and your LO?

• I'll start:

DS doesn't talk much, but he's picked up on how to command our new dog around. He'll stand in the kitchen and firmly say "Bo, Ow!" to tell the dog out. Or "Bo, dow!" to tell him to get off the couch. He also clicks his tongue and holds out his hand when he wants to pet him and will pat the couch to try and invite the dog up with him. The cutest thing is the dog listens to him. If DS call for him, he'll come over to see what's up.

As for me... it's hard to think of something not kid-related that is going on in my life. I started a poetry challenge, not that I'm very good at writing poetry. But it is fun to challenge myself to be creative every day for a month. I used to write a lot before I had kids, but have had trouble finding time to do so since.
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My LO has been saying more lately. He can say hi, bye, dada, mama, and sometimes he says more. It's interesting to see how he is starting to show more likes.

For me- feels like the same old. Trapped at my job :/ so I started trying to get back to doing some more cooking because I really loved to do that before he was born. Hoping to get pregnant again soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Rosie is doing the whole mama, dada, nana, NO thing. She also does this thing where she snaps her fingers (but clicks her tongue so she gets the sound right). She's also obsessed this our dogs (see pic). Lots of hound hugging around these parts.

For me, I'm actually having my best year (professionally) in a long time. I feel like I'm working constantly, but it's paying off monetarily! I'm on WW and down about 11 lbs so far. Hoping to take off 10 more before a wedding at the end of this month!

• The biggest development for my LO is also talking more. He says hi, dog, cat, more, no, yum. I give him snacks in a little bowl and when it's empty he bangs it on the fridge saying "More, more!" it's silly. And we found out a few weeks ago that he's going to be a big brother! I'm due 1/22, I'm really excited/terrified.

Not much new with me, work is...work. I like my job but it's just a job and there's no real prospect of promotion or anything. I was planning a trip to visit a friend in NYC this summer but I might wait until next year. I want to enjoy the city and not be looking for a bathroom every 20 min.
  • My LO has been teething lately, we have the 2 upper molars already so I'm guessing the lowers are coming in now. On the other hand, he is so fun to hang out with now ... imitating his sister and talking a lot more and responding to things we ask or say. About me I've been baking a lot more nowadays and trying fondant cakes next...wish me luck!
  • DD has decided she finally likes stuffed animals.  She'll pick one up and cuddle it close to her cheek.  And she knows them by name.  Super cute.

Not much new with me.  Still working full time.  We stay so busy.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • good idea! :)

DD is so much fun right now...she still isn't talking much, but she does say yes & no (more like "yeah" and "nah" - but with the appropriate head nods!) and it's fun to be able to let her make choices.  She is becoming her own little person, and I love it!  I'm also sad that she's growing up at the same time.

As for me...not much new.  Work is busy, and now that summer is here life in general just seems busy.  DH just bought a new truck, and we also bought a camper this week - so I guess spending money is what's new with me. ha!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
  • JGYJGY member

Hugs to @pavlovcat.

Little Dude is a crazy man.  He never sits down, not a cuddler, nursing is the only time I can get him to stay in one place for any period of time.  Except now I can't really even rely on that because he will nurse for a few minutes and then sit straight up and say "All done!"

So I guess the thing that's new with him is ... this morning I caught him climbing up on the couch and thought for sure I was going to have to run into the living room to keep him from climbing on to the piano. But instead he SAT DOWN, pulled some books in his lap, and proceeded to turn pages making the correct animal noises for what picture he was seeing.  I was floored.

New with me?  Not much.  Like most of you above, the vast majority of what I do revolves around being a Mom and working full time.  I have a different job than I did pre-kid, so it IS different for me to only work my 40 hour week and have that be it.  My last job was really stressful, with lots of travel and ridiculous hours.  So while I'm a bit bored, I do appreciate that work isn't taking me away from my kiddo any more than necessary.

Good idea to start this thread, I'd love to spend more time on this board again.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• She has learned how to climb on the couch and has mastered the stairs.  She is saying a whole bunch of words (mama dada more bye hi baba woofwoof etc). She knows where her ears, belly, feet hair and nose are.  We are working on counting now. She will say "2" after I say "1".  So it is still a work in progress.  She is also doing pretty well eating with a fork and spoon.

As for me I am counting the day until summer vacation.  I have started tacking my ovulation because we would like to try for #2 in Sept/Oct.  We just moved into our new home in April so it is still a work in progress getting settled.  I plan on getting a lot done this summer.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • rm2013rm2013 member
    What's something new that your LO is doing/has mastered/whatever? Getting really close to talking. And definitely showing that she understands what we are saying to her.

And what's new with YOU? Well, I got a BFP today. Surprise!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• DD is really understanding a lot more lately. She's not talking a lot (mama, dada, Lynx our cat's name, and shakes her head no). She is constantly waving. She has mastered climbing the stairs and onto the couches. We recently got all four molars.

As for me, dh and I are trying for #2. I am also trying to get back into scrapbooking. Work has been slow, but should pick up again by the end of summer.

Hope to reconnect with some of you ladies again. Oh and congrats to those with the bfp!

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• What's new with my LO?
    Well, he got his first set of stitches this week because he cut open his ear pretty bad on a bar stool.  Those stools are now out of the house.  Ugh.  I felt like the worst parent for sure.  Other than that, he is starting to say a lot.  He really likes Minnie Mouse, so he has figured out how to say Minnie.  He hugs his Minnie stuffed animal a lot too.  Very cute.  He has also figured out how to climb onto the sofa and just about every other piece of furniture in the house.  My favorite thing he is now doing is picking up after himself.  If he pulls down all of the place mats, then he puts them right back without being asked to do so.  It is amazing to watch him figure things out.

New with me?
    Well, like most of you seems like all DS.  I am getting more and more ready for the new LO to come along in a couple months.  I am finally starting to panic a little bit less than before about it.  Other than that, I just had an annual college girls' weekend which was amazing.  It was so much fun to have a girl adult weekend.  What a refreshing trip!  I loved talking about things other than what DS is eating or pooping these days. :)

Hugs @pavlovcat too. 

;

• wildflower75wildflower75 member
    edited July 2014
    Ahh so glad I checked here! It's nice to commiserate with ladies that gave birth the same month as me and (this may sound strange but) although I cannot remember being very active on the board and we are basically strangers I feel a bond with all of you.

What's something new that your LO is doing/has mastered/whatever? My daughter surprises me daily... I actually wrote down a list of all of the words she says and it was 75 words (and growing)!
    That being said I do feel like we are behind on other things like she still has formula in a bottle (pediatrician said it's ok to switch to Whole Milk at 18 mos).
    I try not to worry or rush her... every baby develops differently (she couldn't drink from a sippy cup until just a few months ago). Oh and she only has 10 teeth.
    My favorite new thing is swim class with her... soo much fun!

And what's new with YOU? I am 6 months pregnant and enjoying the summer!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• JGYJGY member
    Ahh so glad I checked here! It's nice to commiserate with ladies that gave birth the same month as me and (this may sound strange but) although I cannot remember being very active on the board and we are basically strangers I feel a bond with all of you.

What's something new that your LO is doing/has mastered/whatever? My daughter surprises me daily... I actually wrote down a list of all of the words she says and it was 75 words (and growing)!
    That being said I do feel like we are behind on other things like she still has formula in a bottle (pediatrician said it's ok to switch to Whole Milk at 18 mos).
    I try not to worry or rush her... every baby develops differently (she couldn't drink from a sippy cup until just a few months ago). Oh and she only has 10 teeth.

See bolded above ... is this not many?  We've only got 7 over here.  Perhaps I should pay more attention to this?

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• What's new with my LO's? Finally sleeping through the night!!! (I can thank the in laws for that) Its nice when I'm not working I can catch up on sleep. They are also talking constantly. They mostly talk to each other but all day everyday all I hear is "MAMA" nonstop. They kinda also discovered running...... And stairs so all I do is chase after them all day, for preemies their pretty smart kids. My daughter Camryn has a heart disease though so we are in and out of the doctor and hospital with her. It's nice that I work in the hospital though so I can keep an eye on her when I'm working.

New with me? Finally married!!! To my best friend also so it's nice that we know absolutely everything about each other since we grew up together. Always always always working. Going on my honeymoon next week and hoping to get pregnant again with baby #3
  • JGY said:

See bolded above ... is this not many?  We've only got 7 over here.  Perhaps I should pay more attention to this?

We only have 8, with the molars just starting to come in!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"