Parenting after 35

Poop explosion!!

Ugh! Poor baby girl is on day 2 of nasty diarrhea. Yesterday she woke up with it and that was the only poop she had all day. Today she woke up with an even bigger mess and then had another smaller one after her first nap. No fever or vomiting so I'm guessing it's viral. Mommy is wishing they made special diapers for this!
Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.

Re: Poop explosion!!

• Is she teething?  I know my LOs sometimes had it for a couple days from teething (all the extra droll they swallow).  Hope she feels better.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Geeps2Geeps2 member
    Awww poor baby and poor Mama.  Hope she feels better soon.  I agree with Shelly it may be teething if she seems fine otherwise.  It can sometimes cause those fun explosive poops.  Not fun!!!  I remember seeing some gizmo that is supposed to stop blowouts like that.  

Here it is LOL

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • GuennieGuennie member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks guys. I don't feel anything in there so I don't think she's teething.

I've seen that blowout blocker before but it doesn't seem like the best solution since you'd have to wash it every day.

Hopefully this won't last long. We are, however having issues with leaking. She's leaking through almost every night and for about 50% of her naps. We use Huggies Pure and Natural and other than this issue I love them. I really don't want to switch to a diaper with gel stuff or chemicals or anything and double diapering would just get too expensive. I'm thinking of trying disposable liners inside her diaper for overnight and nap time to see if the extra lining helps...or I've also been considering trying a gdiaper. I don't know. They should make overnight diapers that have higher coverage. Seems so simple, I don't know why they don't do it.

Edited to add: she is a stomach sleeper so she leaks out the front.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Geeps2Geeps2 member
    LOL I wasn't being serious about the blowout blocker :)  I just thought it was funny.  I haven't tried them myself but 2 of my friends use (respectively) Seventh Generation Diapers and Earth's Best.  Both like them and are very organic, earth conscience tree huggers whom I love to bits :)  You may want to give that a try.  My one friend gets them through Amazon.  Both are sold there if you want to look up the details.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks Geeps, my friend uses both of those when they go on sale and she said in her experience they don't work any better than the Huggies. Our problem is she's both a stomach sleeper and she's long and skinny, so she doesn't get that extra coverage in the front where she really needs it.
  • I find with leaking going up a size can help when they leaks only happen when they are sleeping.

Also, teething can take months before you see or feel anything.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• After 3 days of nasty poopies she finally got over it. Whew!

Zulily had gdiapers yesterday so I ordered a couple to give them a try. I also bought a pack of the honest company diapers from Target. The legs seem to hug a little tighter than the Huggies. She still leaks out the top overnight though so next time I think I will try one size up for nighttime.
  • Glad your LO seems to be feeling better - sounds like you had a miserable situation for a bit!! I just wanted to add in case you keep having problems with Huggies even with sizing up my LO is also skinny and long and earth's best fit her quite well. And with subscribe&save maximum discount on amazon didn't really cost more than pampers at least. Though she isn't a tummy sleeper and after the diaper has been on a while it starts to look a bit loose in the front but so did the pampers we used before and so do cloth diapers, so... Not sure what the solution to that is.
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • @springbeduk2‌ thanks, I guess I'll see how we like the gdiapers and try one size up in the honest company diapers then go from there. I know we can't go one size up in the Huggies because the legs will just be too loose. She's got some long skinny legs, this kid. No idea how that happened!
  • I loved G diapers. We used those with DD and didn't have a single leak ever. Had to give them up because DH does all the laundry and he got tired of washing them. We used the disposable liners.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"