June 2012 Moms

Advice from those of you with 2 LOs

Hey ladies, I just found out I am pregnant again (almost 6 wks). We were not quite planning it (oops), but we are excited. I saw that some of you already had another baby or are expecting again, so I was hoping you could share some tips on being pregnant while caring for a toddler, how was the return home with baby and toddler, what extra gear was helpful, etc.
I know it is kind of early to be thinking too much, but I am a planner!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Advice from those of you with 2 LOs

• Well first, congrats! I'm only halfway there so the only advice I can give you is try to rest and nap when you can. I am definitely more tired this time around.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Congrats! I am due in November. Should be interesting and exciting times!
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Well first, congrats! I'm only halfway there so the only advice I can give you is try to rest and nap when you can. I am definitely more tired this time around.
    Yes, I have been feeling super tired. I don't remember it being so much last time around. I am napping with DD whenever I can!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My biggest tip is for after baby comes home, to make your daughter your "helper."  It gets her engaged with the sibling, and helps reduce any jealousy.  Mine loves to help, and after a few weeks trying to figure out who this person was and why he wasn't leaving (she was only 14 months old when he was born), she really started to do well as my helper and they are very close now.  

By helper, I mean, she can help bring things, put things away, etc., nothing involving holding the baby.  Mine will put dirty clothes in the hamper, dirty diapers in the bin, trash in the can, pick up things I drop, bring me things from across the room, etc.  The irony is I have her do the unappealing things, and she is at that age where it's a big deal for her and doesn't know it's the grunt work, LOL.
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"