Oregon Babies
Options

Bend babies!!!

Hey ladies!!
I'm new to the Bend area and I'm expecting my first baby but I have no clue who is the best dr/center etc.. Any local gals have suggestions or experiences to share? Thank you :)

Re: Bend babies!!!

• Options
    The main practice is East Cascaded, but Dr Murphy with Bend Obgyn is still delivering babies. East Cascades has lots of great doctors, (Carlson, Ahmed, Wheir)but the practice is a bit overrun. Lots of docs, lots of patients. If you are looking for a midwife, I highly recommend Janet Gyesky. She has not delivered any of my babies but she is very knowledgable and sweet.
    When are you due? And welcome to Bend!
  • Options
    Thank you! I've heard great things about Dr.Murphy so that is reassuring. Due 3/3/15, but that's my estimated date based on the clinics calculations, I have my first ultrasound next week so that may move to late February :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dr. Carlson is great. He has been my OB for many years. I also really like Dr. Murphy, he was the on-call Doctor while I was in the hospital.
  • Options
    I know this is way late, but Dr. Davis with East Cascade is awesome, but it is a busy practice. Midwives Jeanette G and Yesenia @ Bend Birth Center are amazing- I did all my prenatal care with them and unfortunately had to transfer to the hospital halfway through labor bc my water had been broken for over 24 hrs and I wasn't progressing. Hope you've found someone you like, and congrats!
  • Options
    New to Bend and currently with Hannah-midwife and Dr Murphy due mid October with our second child. Anyone else currently expecting?
  • Options
    My due date is 1/8 I'm in Redmond :)
  • Options
    We are fairly new to Bend also, due 1/28! I am going to East Cascade as well, they are great but super busy like others have said. I would love to make a play date group or something if anyone is interested!