March 2015 Moms
Options

Possible miscarriage from a semi hard yoga landing ?

Hi! I'm a first time mom to be. Had a m/c last time. I'm at 5 weeks tomorrow, hopefully!
I was doing yoga this morning and landed a little hard on my stomach and now I'm freaking out!

I'm having the normal cramping that I've been having but it looks like I had some spotting on my underwear the size of a dime and vet light pink spotting when I wipe (every other time). I know I need to call dr but it's Saturday.

Can a small hit on the stomach from doing a yoga pose cause a miscarriage? :(

Thank you!

Re: Possible miscarriage from a semi hard yoga landing ?

• Options
    I'm sorry you're scared! Right now baby is pretty well protected in there, however with the spotting definitely keep an eye on it. It can be normal but if it worsens, turns bright red, or becomes a heavier flow definitely call your doctor. FX it's nothing and the spotting goes away.
  • Options
    It would be pretty well impossible to cause a miscarriage with yoga. I know it is scary to have cramping or spotting at any time, but there's very little you could do to cause that at this point.
    A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was in the plank position and went down to the upward dog. The chataronga (sp?) position is when it happened so I was close to ground. I started doing yoga bc it's safe and then this happened :(

Thank you and I am hoping it's nothing.
  • Options
    aesfaesf member
    When I fell down a flight of stairs with my first about 6 weeks my dr. Told me the little bugger was well protected.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic baby development
    SURPRISE! Here comes #3! 
  • Options
    Like others have said, falls at this point won't do much harm.  If something is wrong know it's nothing you did!  Hopefully it's all just normal stuff.  

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    I'm sorry you are spotting and that you're worried, but it probably has nothing to do with yoga. FX everything turns out OK.
  • Options
    I'm actually spotting pretty heavily now. It's red and looks like there's clumps... I'm going to take another test but I'm thinking this isn't good news :(
  • Options
    Oh no :( I'm sorry.  Please don't feel that you did anything wrong though.  As everyone else said, I doubt it's related.  

I am so sorry you're going through this.

• Options
    I'm so sorry for the stress you're going through right now. Keeping you in thoughts and prayers
    September Siggy Challengeimage
    Baby #1 
    Married: July 2011 TTC October 2012
    Diagnosed IF: Summer 2013 - PCOS
    Clomid cycle #1: 50mg BFN Clomid cycle #2: 100mg BFN
    IUI #1: Clomid 100mg BFN May 2014
    IVF #1: 13 eggs retrieved on 5/21/14, 11 fertilized, 5dt of 1 embryo on 5/26/14, & BFP 7/2/14!!!
    1st Beta: 286 2nd Beta: 770 3rd Beta: 3735
    EDD 3/14/15

image       image       image
  • Options
    I'm bleeding like the start of a menstrual cycle. So, not a pad in an hour but it's on my underwear and the toilet paper is soaked the last 3 wipes which was about 2 hours. And my cramping seems to be getting worse. I don't think I need an ER, I'll just wait until Monday.
  • Options
    I'm very sorry you are going through this. I just want to reiterate what others have said, this is not something YOU caused. Fingers crossed for you that this is nothing.
  • Options
    Hang in there! I'm in the same boat as you and just waiting for Monday to hopefully bring some clarity. I hope all goes well for you!
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this. I don't think it is related to the yoga. I played volleyball and took a big dive last week without thinking. I landed very hard on my stomach.

I am sending you lots of thoughts and prayers right now!
    BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this :( I agree with everyone else, you did not cause this by doing yoga.
  • Options
    How are you doing today, OP?
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. Yoga definitely didn't do anything. Hugs and fx for good news on Monday
    Married 5/31/14 BFP 6/28/14 BabyFruit Ticker} photo imagejpg3.jpg
  • Options
    I passed ALOT of tissue yesterday. Back pain along with my cramps. Took an HPT and it was negative...

Hopefully I can learn something useful tomorrow so that this will not happen again...

Even at only 5 weeks this is extremely heartbreaking!

@Ndepin I hope you have better news!

Thank you all for the kind words and about yoga!
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry for your loss.  I hope you can get some answers from your OB, but remember that you did not cause this.  Huge creepy internet hugs!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss :( please take good care of yourself. If you want to stick around TB there is a miscarriage/loss board as well as Trying to Conceive After a Loss (TTCAL).
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you're heartbroken. I second the creepy internet hugs!
    September Siggy Challengeimage
    Baby #1 
    Married: July 2011 TTC October 2012
    Diagnosed IF: Summer 2013 - PCOS
    Clomid cycle #1: 50mg BFN Clomid cycle #2: 100mg BFN
    IUI #1: Clomid 100mg BFN May 2014
    IVF #1: 13 eggs retrieved on 5/21/14, 11 fertilized, 5dt of 1 embryo on 5/26/14, & BFP 7/2/14!!!
    1st Beta: 286 2nd Beta: 770 3rd Beta: 3735
    EDD 3/14/15

image       image       image
  • Options
    I'm so sorry hon. ((Hugs)) this was definitely not your fault for doing yoga.

I ditto talking to the TTCAL ladies. They are wonderful and supportive. I just came from that board, and I reall will miss them.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! I'll head on over there!! This has been an amazing forum & group. I'm going to be sad to leave the March 2015 :(
  • Options
    uraniurani member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs your way.
  • Options
    Oh no, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Hugs.

image  image

TTC #1 May 2014

BFP 7/4/14 ~ EDD 3/17/15

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss--don't blame yourself and take care.
  • Options
    Everyone has said it all, but I just want to say again, please don't blame yourself for this. It's a heartbreak and we naturally look for the reason but this was probably in the works before you had that fall. Take care of yourself, I'm so sorry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Pregnancy Ticker
    image <3 Suzyq 
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry for your loss. I agree with the other ladies, could not be the yoga. Xxx
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. T&P for you.

For suzyq0525

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    Sraep3Sraep3 member
    I'm so sorry to hear this. U have just today started to bleed very heavily out of nowhere. My husband and I have been trying for over a year and are now around 8 weeks. So the thought of miscarriage is heartbreaking. I too took a hpt and just got a negative. I will pray that everything turns out for the best with you!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  
    TTC #1 June 2010
    1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
    1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN  2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone suppositories 
    Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
    Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
    4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
    4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
    TTC #4
    5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C, Benched 1 cycle HSG 5/14 both tubes open w/scarring on the left   
    5/28/14 Starting clomid 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :( we lost our last baby at 9 weeks and it is heart breaking. Just rest assured it was nothing you did!! Best of luck!!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Please understand that this wasn't your fault, and be kind to yourself.

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs and healing thoughts. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"