Minnesota Babies
Options

Napping at daycare

My little one is 10 week and started daycare last week; she has not been napping well at all there! She has only been taking three 30 minute naps on average; sometimes longer but not usually. She can't be swaddled at her daycare center and we had been swaddling at home; now we are leaving one of her arms out and she seems to be doing good with that and will try both arms out at home this weekend. I know it will take some getting used to for her; but wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there are any tips we can try out at home to help her at daycare.

Re: Napping at daycare

• Options
    IMO - don't sweat it!!! Stick to what you're doing at home that works and let daycare figure out something that works for them. With all this hyper-anti-blanket or swaddling at daycare stuff (originating most times through the state), there's only so much you can do. Eventually your LO will get into a routine, but if they don't do what you're doing at home that's working, it doesn't make sense to turn a good sleeper into a horrible one! (this from a Mom who had a little guy who is low sleep need and the only thing that would work for him is to be snuggled in our arms or with a fleece blanket and sheet, he hated being swaddled, and yea... If what you're doing is working at home - don't change it!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I remember when DD1 first started daycare she didn't eat or sleep as well the first few weeks as she did at home.  I don't remember how long it lasted but I remember it making me nervous and the daycare teacher reassuring me that it was normal.

Is there anything you can bring from home for your LO to use at daycare?  Maybe a noise machine or a sleep sack or something with your home smell on it?  
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We bring a noise machine but it hasn'tt helped yet though the other babies like it! I'm going to sleep on her daycare sleep sack so it smells like me to see if that helps! Good to know I'm not the only one hoping it gets better in a few weeks.
  • Options
    It can take some time to adjust to a new (and likely more stimulating sleep environment) at daycare. I'd give her some more time to adjust.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"