October 2013 Moms

Saturday Stuff

I need entertaining! Anyone have anything interesting to share?
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Saturday Stuff

• Looks like I'm laid up on the couch today bc I hurt my knee. I feel kinda bad bc that means DH has baby duty all day. I'm theoretically supposed to work tomorrow, but I'm not sure how feasible that is.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • My cat is wearing a dress today. image

That IS entertaining!!! Is this the cat that's going to catfest, or was that someone else?

imageimage
  • #babiesarepartdog
    #stolethatpoundfromanotherbumpie
    #dontrememberwho
    imageimage
  • Ugh, I'm also in bed today. Ds has been sick and I finally got it. It's terrible though, my lungs almost burn when I breathe so I feel super foggy from not getting enough oxygen. Thank goodness my in laws are here to help with ds. He still doesn't feel good and is cranky.

And to top it all off, dh and I were supposed to go to the final judging for the state homebrew competition. Dh has two beers up for final judging and I'm pissed that I should probably stay home.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• hartsl01 said:

Ugh, I'm also in bed today. Ds has been sick and I finally got it. It's terrible though, my lungs almost burn when I breathe so I feel super foggy from not getting enough oxygen. Thank goodness my in laws are here to help with ds. He still doesn't feel good and is cranky.

And to top it all off, dh and I were supposed to go to the final judging for the state homebrew competition. Dh has two beers up for final judging and I'm pissed that I should probably stay home.

Can't "love tit" this, but thank goodness for grandparents, right? I'm glad they're around to help you today. Sucks you can't (shouldn't) go to the homebrew thing, but good luck to your H!
    imageimage
  • Dh has been working long hours all week and is working today too. I barely made it through this week as it is and now have to try and make it through today? I had plans to paint the bedroom today too, guess that will have to wait.

Here's hoping dd1 has a good day and not the emotional crazy she has been all week. Might be a trip to the fancy grocery store for their blackout brownies on the docket today...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edaireedaire member
    Today I'm hungover. We went over to a friends house and drank all the wine and ate all the BBQ. Luckily DH is home and is on baby duty. I think more than anything I'm tired. We didn't get in bed til 11, which hasn't happened in eleventy years. I feel old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KuhaBaby said:

Today the grocery store cashier said "you have such a pretty girl"..... Awkward!

Apparently this is a girls outfit. image

Same thing happened to me a while back. DS was wearing a blue outfit with a dog on it and some old guy at Dunkin Donuts said, "it's a girl, right?" Lol, whatevs. I just figure it shows how beautiful our sons are.

You have a beautiful boy :)
    imageimage
  • So I called my manager to let him know what happened, and he told me I'm absolutely not allowed to come to work tomorrow. I have mixed feelings about this, but I was JUST telling DH how much I needed a break. I guess I got it. :(
    imageimage
  • I should be in Chicago doing the ROC race today. It's an obstacle course like Wipeout. I was going to sign up, but the late sign up price was crazy expensive.

#ratherbuyclothes
    #andtoys
    #anddessertbecauseIliketoeatallthethings

• edaireedaire member
    @SeeJayEmm‌ I lurve your countertops....and the babe is super cute as well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lee81Lee81 member
    We spent the morning getting the dogs and cats brushed and practicing back wraps. It is not going well. I'm not sure I'm flexible enough for that shit! DD took a crappy morning nap and is back down now. Hoping this one lasts longer. I got the weeks sprayed after I put her down and now I'm eating lunch. I'm hoping to spend some time this afternoon either organizing the closet or helping dh clear out a junk room that is getting converted to a playroom.
  • WhenInRome11WhenInRome11 member
    edited July 2014
    I got a pedicure this morning and we're heading to a birthday party shortly. I'm trying to decide if I should put LO in a party dress or leave her in the everyday dress that she is wearing already. Thoughts? image
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • missgpsu said:

@missgpsu‌ I started reading the sorcerer's stone to Hazel this week.

That is good parenting.  I read her the first 4 books while on maternity leave, but she was only like a few weeks old so I will have to do it again.  She needs to know all the things
    The only reason i haven't started sooner was that I didn't have a copy of the sorcerer's stone bc I let some mean boy borrow it years ago and he never gave it back.

We just finished pride and predjudice

I just purchased the sorcerers stone yesterday to start reading to LO! I've seen the movies but never read the books so I thought this gives me the perfect excuse to buy them and read them all!!!

• carawasacarawasa member
    edited July 2014
    @baconface‌ our good friends are like that. I mean, I talk about LO all the time so they have no choice but to listen, but they never ask about her, or make an effort to come see her. My friend has no kids and her husband has two older kids from another marriage, otherwise they aren't "kid people." They love her when she is around, though. It's annoying, I hear ya. I don't get how people just push important stuff like that to the side, and never bring it up? I know when I didn't have kids I always asked my friends about theirs and went to to see them. :-/
  • baconface said:

@awwwpuddin and @missgpsu and others who read adult/YA books to LO: 

How do you do it? Like, LITrally, how?  I think this is a great idea and I'd love to do it, but like... obviously the babies aren't paying attention. So are you just reading out loud while LO bangs blocks together? Or read one sentence at a time while they listen?

Or do you just have baby geniuses?

I have this question too! I'm dying for an excuse to buy the fancy edition of the Harry Potter books "for DS" but I dunno how I would get him to pay attention or at least entertain himself long enough to let me read to him...or do you do it while they're having their bottle? I guess that might work

Don't mind me, just thinking out loud here...while I watch the Harry Potter marathon

• Doveyluvr said:

My parents left to return to VT today... I'm in TX and they've been here for 2 weeks. I don't really have any other close family that lives near me. I'm so sad. :(

I'm sorry :( our family is in CA and just left last week so I know how you feel.

What part of Texas are you in?
  • Doveyluvr said:

Doveyluvr said:

My parents left to return to VT today... I'm in TX and they've been here for 2 weeks. I don't really have any other close family that lives near me. I'm so sad. :(

I'm sorry :( our family is in CA and just left last week so I know how you feel.

What part of Texas are you in?
    I'm near Tyler in East Texas
    Aw man I am in the north austin area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"