2nd Trimester
Options

Did you know?

Everyone keeps telling me that moms "just know" their babies sex a lot of the time....Our A/S is in a week and a half and I feel like it's a girl, everyone else in the world thinks it's a boy, haha.

For those of you who know your baby's sex now, or have had kiddos before, did you "know" or have a gut feeling about your baby's sex? Were you right?

Just curious! :)

Married 11/2008. Started TTC January 2014.
BFP 3/30/14. <3 EDD 12/4/14
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Did you know?

• Options
    I was right with DS1 and wrong with this one so there you go - 50/50
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image              image
  • Options
    I was convinced nugget was a boy, but as my ob so eloquently put it when I asked if he was sure; "it's either a girl or a boy without a penis." That shut me up :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope. I was sure this LO was a girl. Wrong!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Everyone thought I was having a girl last time except DH and he ended up being right. Now everyone thinks we are having a girl including DH. We shall see.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a feeling DS was a boy, so I was right. This time it's twins, I had no idea. It's one of each.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • Options
    Didn't really have a gut feeling my first pregnancy. 
    My second pregnancy, at first I was like, "Duh, it's a boy. How could it not be?" (I already had 3 boys). Closer and closer to the anatomy scan my feelings changed and I started to get a strong feeling it was a girl. I have a daughter now.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Totally NOT TRUE! How could you 'know' without actually knowing... You can have a feeling but not 'know'.

With my first I was convinced it was a boy and she's a girl obvs. With this one I thought girl and it's a girl.
  • Options
    I really thought DD was a boy.  I was 100% sure DS was going to be a girl.

I am 0 for 2 on gut feelings.  
  • Options
    I was right with DD.

This one is throwing me off because I think it could be another girl, but DD wants a brother so my mind keeps swaying that way for her sake.
  • Options
    I was 100% sure this one was a boy. I pulled the "mother's intuition card." Well I look like a super idiot now, because it is a girl.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I had a feeling with all of mine - and have been right so 3/3.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Last time around, after a dream and some trending of cravings that reminded me of what a teenage boy might eat, I became somewhat convinced I was having a boy. I told my DH but otherwise kept it to myself until scan comfirmed, I was right.

This time I'm not sure. I know I am biased by what I want the outcome to be and I haven't had any baby dreams that I recall so all I can say is we'll see.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'd like to say that I felt I was having a girl based off gut feeling, but can't. Once I got sick with hyperemesis and started reading about the higher chances of the sex being a girl with it, I settled into the idea that I was having a girl and I am having a girl.
  • Options
    I had a very strong gut feeling that this LO was a girl. So did my closest friends, my mom, and my grandma. I so strongly felt this way that DH and I had only seriously looked at girl names. Found out at 16 weeks he's a boy! (We still haven't decided on a name)
  • Options
    Yes, I had a gut feeling that LO was a boy around 12 weeks. Everyone else in my family was convinced I was having a girl- even DH. I was not surprised when our AS confirmed LO was a boy.
  • Options
    Nope. DH & I were both positive DD was a boy.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
  • Options
    I was right all 3 times. Boy, boy, girl! :)
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
    imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Love all these answers, thanks gals. :)

Genetics are super male dominant in both our families, but I've had dreams about a baby girl, sooo.... Give it a week-ish and we'll (hopefully) see! I'm good either way.
    Married 11/2008. Started TTC January 2014.
    BFP 3/30/14. <3 EDD 12/4/14
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    No. For DD i thought i was having a boy and all the old wives tales point out to me havin a boy. Everyone tells me it looks like im havin a boy. DH is fervently wishing for a boy.
    Now, im havin a feeling itll be a boy but i dnt knw if that's an instinct or a wish.

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

imageimageimage
  • Options
    While it's just a 50/50 chance, I did have a gut feeling I was having a girl.

BFP 01/31/14 EDD 10/06/14

Team Pink! Violet was born on 09/27/14
  • Options
    I did for both. I had a 50% chance of being right though. I won the coin toss both times.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Everyone but me thought boy. I was convinced girl. Got a boy.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I thought I was having a girl but I think it was because I wanted a girl. Not long before I found out though, I started thinking boy. I really didn't know.

It's a BOY

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

I thought DS was a girl, he was not.

With this one, I go back and forth, some times I think girl sometimes I think boy.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I'm at 50/50.  I was convinced DD1 was a boy.  With DD2, I was sure she was a girl.

With this one, I have no idea.  I truly have no strong feelings whether it's a boy or a girl...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I had a couple dreams leading up to my anatomy scan about having a baby girl, but never felt like they were strong enough indicators that "I knew". Turns out we are having a girl so I wonder if those dreams were some sort of mother's intuition, but I did have a 50/50 chance after all.
    We're welcoming a girl to our family--Audrey Kay!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 8.28.10 | Me: 26 DH: 26 | Due with our First | EDD 11.01.14
  • Options
    For the first few weeks, I thought for sure I was having a boy.  Then I was on the fence.  Turns out, he is a boy.  

Baby boy due January 10

• Options
    DH and I were positive we were having a boy. We are having a sweet baby girl.

• Options
    I was convinced both of my babies were boys. The first time I was right and I was right again this time. However, it's a 50/50 chance so who knows, maybe I just guessed really well.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    I knew with all three they were boys. I haven't had a girl though, so maybe I'd feel the same way. I have two friends with four babies each, and they said they knew with each one what they were having.
    DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mb314mb314 member
    I "Knew" DS was a girl.  And he's definitely a boy. 

• Options
    I knew on all three and was right!  This one...I'm not so sure about...we will see soon enough I guess!
  • Options
    I was wrong.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Options

Everyone keeps asking me what I think I'm having... funny how the question comes right after I answer no to "are you going to find out the sex?".  I honestly can say that I don't know.  There is a very small part of me that wants a girl simply because that is where my experience lies (having both been one and babysat many little girls ;) ) but I have no strong feeling either way as far as "knowing"

My SIL keeps saying we are both having boys (she is 8ws where I am 14w) but that is as far as the guessing has gone.

• Options
    With DS I KNEW he was a bot and was not surprised at our A/S.

With this LO the entire pregnancy had been different, so I figured a girl - I was correct.

I guess we all have a 50% chance of being right! :)
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    sis180sis180 member
    I have a really strong feeling mine is a boy, (this is my first), but won't find out for another 5 weeks...I'm secretly hoping for a girl though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"