2nd Trimester
Options

Catch 22s of pregnancy...

So, I've decided there are a ton of pregnancy-related catch 22s. This is what I've thought of so far:

During morning sickness, you severely don't want to eat anything, but eating is what will make you feel better.

During morning sickness, you force yourself to eat to feel better but begin to feel sick immediately after finishing.

You can't imagine putting anything into your mouth and chewing, but you also have an intense craving.

You have amazing sex/erotic dreams, but don't feel like actually having sex (either sick, not feeling attractive, RLP, backache, etc...).

The only thing you want to eat was just shown via commercial on tv and it's the one thing you don't have in the house.

You really need to poop but don't want to because you know that it's going to hurt like hell.

You have an increased sense of smell, but the only things you seem to smell make you nauseous.

You need to shower because after an extended period in your pajamas--you stink, but you don't have the energy to get in the tub.

You're horny but don't feel sexy because you haven't been able to shave your legs in forever.

Can you think of more?

Re: Catch 22s of pregnancy...

• Options
    I enjoyed the one about pooing.  I am scared to poo because I don't want hemorrhoids!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I normally LOVE food and eat like crazy. The doctors are now telling me to gain lots of weight and eat all I want for the twins. Now most food looks nasty and eating is a chore.

As soon as the babies are born, I'll love food again and then I'll be trying to lose weight.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageHisLobster:

The only thing you want to eat was just shown via commercial on tv and it's the one thing you don't have in the house.

Along with this one is all the comments people make on here about seeing Sonic commercials (or some other fast food joint), but that chain doesn't even exist in the state they live in!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This is the best. Seriously.

• Options

I have one:

The worst morning sickness usually happens in the first 3 months... when you are supposed to keep your pregnant status a secret. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    None to add, but I love this list - SO true! Especially the one about seeing something you want to eat and it not being in the house...our pantry and fridge are stocked with the results of my random cravings :)
  • Options

good job on the list!!!  Big Smile

• Options
    well said!  I appreciate the one about the food.  its especially bad when its not even sold in your state!
  • Options

Love the list!! 

Before you find out you're expecting, you are a shopaholic. Then the time comes where you have to shop because you're outgrowing everything, but have no desire to shop!

• Options

Love the list!

You wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and realize you are thirsty too.... than the whole vicious (too lazy to look up spelling) cycle starts again.

"When one of your dreams come true, you begin to look at the others more carefully." IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"