October 2012 Moms
Options

It's Tuesday!

Well, technically. It's 1:30 am.

A likes to sleep across the short part of her bed, so sometimes her head hangs off the bed. When I notice it I go in and move her. Tonight she readjusted and grabbed my hand and held tight. Swoon! <3

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: It's Tuesday!

• Options
    I'm having some serious insomnia issues, the past few nights have been horrible. the night before last, i was able to just take something because i was off yesterday. but today is my one and only day in the office this week. i was up until almost 1 (last time i checked the clock it was 12:48) and at 1:16 Bailey started screaming. I went in and she had her hand in her mouth and just kept screaming and screaming. I finally got her to calm down at about 1:45 and ended up just throwing her in bed with me. I'm probably running off 3-4 hours sleep. today is going to suck.

coffee sounds nice.

• Options
    Elijah woke up screaming last night too. It took him an hour to go back to sleep. Then I couldn't fall asleep. Luckily my husband let me sleep in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ZiegefickerZiegeficker member
    edited July 2014
    DD didn't get to bed until 1am, I didn't fall asleep until after 2, and at 4:30 DS started screaming at the top of his lungs and hasn't...stopped. Now everyone in the house is awake, he's still screaming intermittently, and DH has a stomach virus. I am seriously going to lose it, and it's not even 6am yet.

To top it off, DH came down and screamed at me to "fucking help him" (I was sleeping downstairs because it's too hot upstairs in our room, so I didn't even know he was sick), so we have already had a fight too. Not like our relationship is doing too well anymore anyway. 

And I guess the absolute best part of this all is that I know I have a stomach virus waiting for me in the near future. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    ^ Ugh, sorry, that sounds like a rough day. Do you think the stress of 2 littles is taking a toll on you and your H? For us the first couple months with the new babe were bumpy.

Nothing going on here. My day off. Need to go to target, but I'm a bit scared to go and leave the house and my bathroom. I must have a touch of a stomach bug. I feel fine, but am needing to run to the bathroom a LOT.
  • Options
    Hugs @Ziegeficker I hope the stomach bug skips you.

I think Wesley is getting his 2 year molars.  He has been off the last couple of days and when he finally let me look in his mouth I can see some white underneath getting ready to pop through. Poor thing.  I just keep telling myself that we are almost done with teeth.

• Options
    nealblnealbl member
    On our beach vacation and I'm sick. I've been in bed all day . This blows!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    I am offering A a truly horrifying lunch today. Tuna straight from the can, cherry tomatoes, and string cheese. I know it's awful but it's what we have that I don't have to cook. We are short on time and Husband is using the microwave for his lunch. He's short on time too. So, weirdo nasty lunch combo it is. Poor kid.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    CnAnA said:
    I am offering A a truly horrifying lunch today. Tuna straight from the can, cherry tomatoes, and string cheese. I know it's awful but it's what we have that I don't have to cook. We are short on time and Husband is using the microwave for his lunch. He's short on time too. So, weirdo nasty lunch combo it is. Poor kid.
    We have some weird lunches some times, too, honestly worse than that, you hit 3 food groups :)

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    I think she wore out on nuggets. There for a while it's all she wanted. Now all protein is the devil, unless it's ground meat in a pasta sauce. Or cheese. Or almonds. There's protein in almonds, right?

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Good thing we decided to drive to Boston. My boss emailed me today and asked if I could train in DC next week (our training organizers suck at life lately). I need to be a trainer to get my promotion and she's been trying so hard to send me, go figure it had to be next week. Leaving Boston Sunday and grabbing the girls and heading to DC Sunday night. DH is going to stay until Tuesday :)

• Options
    ZiegefickerZiegeficker member
    edited July 2014
    @scrumpfy‌ @LuckySquare‌, I have noticed we have fought so much more since the baby came. And having MIL living with us (read, no privacy) is adding additional stress to our marriage, so things have been tense for some time. Oh, and the lack of sex probably isn't helping. How are your relationships with SO now that more time has passed since baby number two? I've been feeling really down about the state of our marriage.

@StefanieM522‌ @cmarie79‌ @stephcarter‌, thanks for the well-wishes. It's been a rough day :-( Rough WEEK actually...Stef, I think Henry is teething, too...or something! He's turned into a monster, waking up many times throughout the night and then up for the day at or just before 5am.

• Options
    CnAnA said:

Please don't say that...because this is basically what I give Henry... :\">

He's a chicken nugget boy, that's the only meat he eats. I can't get him to eat a vegetable to save his life. I offer him what we are having for dinner (and we eat pretty healthfully, I think), but doing so basically ensures he goes to bed without dinner. For lunch, though, we do nuggets, a PBJ, or grilled cheese sandwich...I always offer a fruit or veggie as his only side, but those are usually left untouched. Makes me sad to waste farmers market blueberries, cherries, and peaches on that boy, but I have to at least offer! Occasionally, he will munch on some bananas. 

• Options
    @Ziegeficker‌
    Oh, man, I forgot you have your MIL living w you. I love my MIL but that would be tough. I'd definitely expect a period of adjustment.
    As far as my relationship w H, it's better now after a few months. I think getting some sleep helps because I'm generally less bitchy. We worked out a system so we both get sleep - He gets up weekend mornings and lets me sleep. I do all MOTN and any week mornings before 6. It helps she's a decent sleeper. Having MH help out with house stuff helps, and I flat out tell him what to do, because he just doesn't think to do stuff on his own. So that makes me happier. And yep, lack of sex makes him a crabass. We actually had quite a fight about it a couple weeks ago. My interest is not good, but I know it'll get better with time. Meanwhile, I kind of treat sex like a chore (in my head) and feign interest, but doing it on a somewhat regular basis makes MH generally nicer and more affectionate, which helps my interest in sex improve, etc etc.
  • Options
    Speaking of lunches, those of you with veggie haters- veggie burgers! C will not touch any veggies besides tomatoes lately. She does like any not green beans, too. I randomly made a black bean burger to see if she'd like it. It also has corn, red pepper, and carrot in it. She ate it up and cried when we didn't have more. Today I tried a plain fake hamburger veggie burger and she went apeshit for it. So, at least I found some veggie stuff she likes.
  • Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    @Ziegeficker‌ I meant flavor combo. It's probably the healthiest she's been offered in weeks! Lol

If I even mention the word blueberry A loses her mind until I get her some. Any and all fruit is her favorite food. Blueberries and raspberries being the top of that list.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    scrumpfy said:
    @Ziegeficker‌ Oh, man, I forgot you have your MIL living w you. I love my MIL but that would be tough. I'd definitely expect a period of adjustment. As far as my relationship w H, it's better now after a few months. I think getting some sleep helps because I'm generally less bitchy. We worked out a system so we both get sleep - He gets up weekend mornings and lets me sleep. I do all MOTN and any week mornings before 6. It helps she's a decent sleeper. Having MH help out with house stuff helps, and I flat out tell him what to do, because he just doesn't think to do stuff on his own. So that makes me happier. And yep, lack of sex makes him a crabass. We actually had quite a fight about it a couple weeks ago. My interest is not good, but I know it'll get better with time. Meanwhile, I kind of treat sex like a chore (in my head) and feign interest, but doing it on a somewhat regular basis makes MH generally nicer and more affectionate, which helps my interest in sex improve, etc etc.

DD sleeps pretty well, she's just on such a different schedule than DS, so it's very stressful when I have to care for both. Most of the time, DH takes all things DS, while I handle all things DD...just until she's less...needy? I can't think of a better word. But she's getting to that point, so it's probably time to rethink the way we split duties, especially since the current arrangement means I spend hardly any quality time with Henry. But with Henry waking up all night, DH is about to lose his mind. It's just been stressful here. And everything you said about the sex situation rings true here, too...but I'm not sure what I could possibly do about it...we have very little privacy during the few minutes of free time we are granted each day. Plus I haven't been cleared yet...not that that is what's stopping me. MIL is probably going to be moving out in about a month, so at least that will let up soon.

• Options
    Apparently I've got poison ivy, or poison something, on my thigh right under my butt cheek. Not cool.

• Options
    Re: lunch discussion... I think you're all doing great. I read Fearless Feeding and highly recommend it. It really put me at ease about so many things. The division of responsibility is that you provide the what, when and how of feeding and LO decides whether. The authors suggest no alternatives if LO eats nothing, so just wait for the next snack or meal. I usually find that if they completely skip lunch, they will devour supper. Or if they don't touch supper, they'll at least get fruit and milk so I know they're not starving.

• Options
    We are about to get a major storm here, the power has been flickering for a while and only the wind and a little rain is here right now.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    @Ziegeficker‌ , is your DS teething, or sick, or just having a hard time? We basically had to re sleep train dd1. It was awful. She was waking up multiple times a night demanding to be rocked back to sleep and just screaming. For hours. I think with the new baby, she got some separation anxiety problems. The sleep training took about 2 weeks - much harder this time being older and waaaaay stubborn. But by the time DD2 was 8ish weeks, we were all sleeping ok.
  • Options
    chricast said:

We are about to get a major storm here, the power has been flickering for a while and only the wind and a little rain is here right now.

I really should pay attention to the weather. It hit here pretty hard. I think it might be gone now though!!

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    Girl has been up twice tonight. Once to pee and once because who knows why. She told me she needed to give daddy a kiss, but she didn't want to when we got in there.

Oh wait. Make that 3 times. :( poor punkin.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    Preeetty sure my downstairs neighbor is smoking pot. Or someone near my building anyway. Unimpressed.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    @chricast @stephcarter Speaking of the storm. It passed by us around 8 right as we were putting the baby to bed.  30 minutes later our power went out because a tree fell on our neighbors house

I am so glad their 13 year old son wasn't in his room because that is right where the tree fell.  We all slept in the basement last night.  We didn't get power back until this morning! 

• Options
    Hugs to @Ziegeficker‌ and @LuckySquare‌. I have felt the exact same way in the past but have made it through. I really wish you happiness and hope as time goes on things improve or you can find any help you may need.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    @jwilden that's scary!!!!

• Options
    Holy cow @jwildin‌ ! The power never fully went out here thankfully. I'm glad the storm was over quick.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    @chricast I used to bartend. I'll make the drinks as long as I can drink them too! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"