VBAC

Roll Call Anyone?

ktnicolektnicole member
Since this board is a bit slow (and the large VBAC community page on FB was closed) I thought it might be good to just do a post of who is around here, how far along are you (or TTC/curious)? Why did you have your C/S? Are you planning a hospital/ home/ birth center VBAC?

"I will show you the kind of big sister I will be..."

Re: Roll Call Anyone?

• I started lurking VBAC resources early this year when we decided we would TTC this summer.  Just found out that I am ~6 weeks. DD was born at 36w due to placenta aburption.  I have not gotten a copy of my surgery records but plan to do that this week.  No plans set yet for how my VBAC will happen, I still need to find a VBAC friendly Dr/Midwife. 

• I have been lurking this board for months, in preparation for my VBAC attempt happening very soon. My 1st DD was born via c/section due to a velamentous cord insertion/succenturiate placenta that was bordering on vasa previa. Since this was a condition with that particular pregnancy and not my body, I've been told I'm an excellent VBAC candidate. I have a very supportive team of midwives and OBs, and plan to deliver in a hospital.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I was induced due to gestational hypertension.  The typical cascade of interventions followed and at about 24 hours post induction I was declared failure to progress and told I had to have a c-section.  I'd already turned it down 2 hours and 24 hours earlier.  At that point I finally consented.  

I'm about 16 weeks and found an awesome pro VBAC provider and hospital. I was very excited to deliver with them but my husband is in the military and they decided it was time for us to move so I will be in a new state in about two weeks.  I think I've found a promising provider there but they want to review my records prior to accepting me as a VBAC patient so I'm sitting here in limbo right now.  
  • MrsLele said:
    I have been lurking this board for months, in preparation for my VBAC attempt happening very soon. My 1st DD was born via c/section due to a velamentous cord insertion/succenturiate placenta that was bordering on vasa previa. Since this was a condition with that particular pregnancy and not my body, I've been told I'm an excellent VBAC candidate. I have a very supportive team of midwives and OBs, and plan to deliver in a hospital.
    Good luck on your upcoming VBAC! Let us know how it goes.  I still need to obtain my medical records and discuss with my current OB.  Until the beginning of this year I didn't know what type of questions I should ask to determine if I am a good VBAC candidate or not.
    mysticl said:
    I was induced due to gestational hypertension.  The typical cascade of interventions followed and at about 24 hours post induction I was declared failure to progress and told I had to have a c-section.  I'd already turned it down 2 hours and 24 hours earlier.  At that point I finally consented.  

I'm about 16 weeks and found an awesome pro VBAC provider and hospital. I was very excited to deliver with them but my husband is in the military and they decided it was time for us to move so I will be in a new state in about two weeks.  I think I've found a promising provider there but they want to review my records prior to accepting me as a VBAC patient so I'm sitting here in limbo right now.  
    Good luck with the new provider.  

• I have been watching this board since my son was born via csection over two years ago. There was no real reason for him to be born this way. My ob did an exam when my blood pressure became a little elevated and started saying there was no way he would fit. He told me he never tells women this. He started to tell me I could hurt the baby and such. So I freaked and when for the csection. My experience was awful. It seemed like everything was going wrong. Now, I am 36 weeks pregnant with a girl and working at a hospital vbac. My ob seems supportive so far. I have moved out of town and have a new doc. She doesn't think I am too small and seems to present all the risks and benefits accurately. :) we will see soon.
  • Thanks for starting this thread!  I've posted here and there over here and wish this board were a little more lively because I would love to interact with other VBAC hopefuls as well as those who have had successes.

I had a planned c-section with DS because he was stuck in breech position from about 28 weeks on and never budged.  We decided not to do a version due to the risks and low success rates.  We also had a complication with my blood pressure at 37.5 weeks, so we had the c-section a week and a half earlier than expected due to a sudden appearance of gestational hypertension.  I was told I would have been induced had he not been breech.

I am now at a new practice seeing a team of midwives and doctors who I love.  They all recommended a VBAC before I even could make my wishes known, so it feels good not having to push for it on my own.  I'll give birth at the same hospital where DS was born.  

I don't believe this baby is breech, so hopefully he will stay that way.  My concern is more around whether or not I'll develop gestational hypertension again and if I'll make it to my due date.  I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with an induced VBAC, but for now I'm just trying to go with the flow and hope for the best.  
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • That is awesome that your team suggested the VBAC first! That must be a great feeling of support.  

• I am not currently pregnant or ttc but am hopeful for when we are ready. I had a csection due to dropped heart rate from my daughter during labor. I have twins so that didn't help the situation either. I still have a hard time coping with the csection (14 months ago) and I want to try so bad for a VBAC so that is why I'm trying to start early with doing research, etc. I have pretty much been lurking since I don't have any experience, know anyone with experience or not being pregnant. I have already learned so much from everyone on here though
  • ashie0610 said:
    Thanks for starting this thread!  I've posted here and there over here and wish this board were a little more lively because I would love to interact with other VBAC hopefuls as well as those who have had successes.

I had a planned c-section with DS because he was stuck in breech position from about 28 weeks on and never budged.  We decided not to do a version due to the risks and low success rates.  We also had a complication with my blood pressure at 37.5 weeks, so we had the c-section a week and a half earlier than expected due to a sudden appearance of gestational hypertension.  I was told I would have been induced had he not been breech.

I am now at a new practice seeing a team of midwives and doctors who I love.  They all recommended a VBAC before I even could make my wishes known, so it feels good not having to push for it on my own.  I'll give birth at the same hospital where DS was born.  

I don't believe this baby is breech, so hopefully he will stay that way.  My concern is more around whether or not I'll develop gestational hypertension again and if I'll make it to my due date.  I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with an induced VBAC, but for now I'm just trying to go with the flow and hope for the best.  
    This is so me. So far my blood pressure is lower than it was during my first pregnancy.  It was elevated above my normal but that didn't concern anyone but me.  Also, this pregnancy is completely different than my first so I'm really hopeful that is a sign that I'm not going to develop it this time around.  I also plan to be more proactive if it does start to go up.  Last time they never suggested anything to try to control it, this time I'll ask.  
  • mysticl said:
    ashie0610 said:
    Thanks for starting this thread!  I've posted here and there over here and wish this board were a little more lively because I would love to interact with other VBAC hopefuls as well as those who have had successes.

This is so me. So far my blood pressure is lower than it was during my first pregnancy.  It was elevated above my normal but that didn't concern anyone but me.  Also, this pregnancy is completely different than my first so I'm really hopeful that is a sign that I'm not going to develop it this time around.  I also plan to be more proactive if it does start to go up.  Last time they never suggested anything to try to control it, this time I'll ask.  
    Same here, @mysticl.  I hope it is a good sign for both of us!  

Mine didn't go up until the very end so all I can really do now is hope that I'm not unlucky twice.  The doctor couldn't find any cause for PIH in my first pregnancy, so that's nice and all, but it also makes me feel like there's not much I can do to control it either.  

I plan to ask more questions at my next appointment (Monday) to see if there's anything I could be doing differently.  I've read that baby aspirin and extra protein could possibly help prevent it, but they haven't mentioned it before so I'm not sure if it's just internet folklore, specific to others' medical situations, or if it is actually worth trying.
    PM me for blog link!

• drgkdrgk member
    Thanks for starting this thread!  I am a newbie to this site.  :)

My beautiful baby girl was born by CS after about 14 hours of active labor and 2.5 hours of pushing.  She was positioned poorly with the cord around her neck, causing her to get stuck and her heat rate to drop. 

DH and I are not TFAS yet, but I really want to try a vbac with #2, assuming we will be so lucky to have more children.  Hopefully more kids are in the future for us.

GL to all of you ladies with your vbac!!
    Together: 1/13/2006
    Married: 1/26/2013
    DD: 4/8/2014
    Expecting #2: 9/22/2015

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kjt850kjt850 member

Thank you for starting this thread! I had a DD 2 years ago via emergency csection. She was breech and we tried a version, but she didn't tolerated it (heart rate dropped) so we stopped the procedure. We schedule the section for 39 weeks, but I went into labor at 38 weeks and progressed rapidly. I was 6cm on arrival to the hospital and quickly got to 10cm. I ended up with general anesthesia because I didn't have time to get an epidural. It took me awhile to not only get over having a csection, but also not being awake for the birth of DD.

I am now 28 weeks preganant and really hoping for a VBAC. I have supportive providers and appear to be a great candidate. Last time we looked at 24 week baby was breech, really hoping he/she turns. If baby is still breech next time we are in I will start spinning baby exercies and probably try the webster techniques.

Good luck to all of you! It's a hard decision.

• ark83ark83 member
    I am in my early first tri with my 3rd. My first was born via c/s because I was too exhausted to push anymore. She was sunny side up and I had been in labor for a long time. My second was VBAC and I had to fight hard to have it that way (they said my first was too big for my hips). My water broke at 38+2 with my second and I had a little pitocin and after fighting with the on call doctor for a few hours, I got a new doctor and things progressed BEAUTIFULLY. I am hoping I get another VBAC where I don't have to fight!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would love to see this board become more active!!

I am currently TTC my second and definitely planning/hoping for a VBAC.  My csection was due to PIH.  We tried to induce for two days and I never got past 1 1/2 cm.  I still somehow feel like I could have fought harder to have a vaginal birth, but since following a lot of VBAC communities, I've come to realize that it was the right decision.  My blood pressure was at 170/110 range.

We will be planning for a hospital birth.  My previous OB is VBAC supportive and if I have to do another csection, I would want her as well.  I am planning on hiring a doula, so I'm hoping that will help.
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • rm2013rm2013 member
    I have been lurking since having an unplanned c/s 16 months ago. I had planned for a natural birth and was completely blindsided. At 41 weeks I still was showing no signs of labor, and when I went in for my weekly appt my dr just happened to catch DDs heart rate drop to 50 bpm, then recover. After monitoring in the hospital for several hours this continued and so they gave me the option to try to induce or do a c/s. I went for induction but after 10 hours and 8cm she still wasn't coming out, and her heart rate continued to periodically decel dangerously low the whole time. I had a real bad recovery, I stayed in the hospital for a week and couldn't drive until 8 weeks post surgery. Looking back, I wish I had a doula or midwife because I think if had been able to labor out of bed maybe things would have ended differently. (I went natural until the very end so I could have been mobile)

I'm now 8 weeks (surprise!) and trying to find a provider that will VBAC. Especially now that I have a toddler there is no way I want to be incapacitated by a c/s again. My original OB has retired, and the office they referred me to initially said I could VBAC but when I went in for my first appointment today I was told I was given wrong information and they will not do them under any circumstance. I've been researching VBAC friendly practices in my area and just feel so overwhelmed and confused after reading very mixed reviews of the different providers online. I'm really hoping to pick the right one so I can have my VBAC!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @rm2013 have you checked out your local ICAN? They usually have FB pages and offer great resources specific to your area of doctors to see/avoid. 

• Hi all! Ironically my least complicated pregnancy was the one that ended with a c/s. During my first pregnancy I was being treated for hypertension and GD, was induced at 40 weeks, and had a vaginal delivery. My second pregnancy had none of those health issues but baby flipped to breech at 32 weeks and didn't flip back. A version was discussed but a growth u/s showed she was quite large and my OB was not willing to try after that. I tried Webster chiro, inversion techniques, stretches, and pretty much every internet suggestion I could find to no avail. I cried in my doctors office when we scheduled the c/s for 39 weeks. I ended up going into labor at 37.5 weeks, and had the c/s. My recovery was difficult and I knew as soon as the c/s was scheduled that I would want to try for a VBAC if we went for a third. At my 6week checkup I discussed VBAC with my provider and she seemed supportive. So hopefully that is still the case. We are just starting to ttc now.
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• I have already vbaced, but do loan to do so again. My first was a csection at 39 weeks. She had turned breech about a week before I had her. While my doctor was explaining the csection to me, he told me how I would be able to try for a vaginal birth with my next. I had to be induced with my DS due to PROM. It went smooth enough, the on call doctor did not do Vbacs, but fortunately, she did not read my chart and realize that was the case until I was close to delivery. It was a little insane she didn't read my chart though... Anyways, I just wanted to wish you ladies the best of luck.
  • The day after my daughter was born almost 7 years ago my midwife was already talking to me about planning my VBAC.  A scheduled repeat cesarean has never been a thought in my mind.

I'd hoped for an intervention-free birth with my daughter, but she was in considerable distress (due to being wrapped up in her cord.)  I do not regret the surgery, as it is pretty clear she would have come out safely otherwise. 

As for this baby, I have a great new team of midwives looking after us and we are planning a hospital birth (this hospital is extremely VBAC friendly).  Although, they know my secret wish is for them to show up at my house while I am in labour and say "There is no time to go to the hospital.  You are having this baby at home."   ;)

And....  can I vent a second?  My mother went to a bloody psychic this weekend who is convinced I am having another C section - and has convinced her of that 'fact' as well.  "But don't worry.  Your daughter and the baby will both survive."    Oh great, thanks.  I really wish she never told me about that stupidity.  ::::rolls eyes::::

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• The day after my daughter was born almost 7 years ago my midwife was already talking to me about planning my VBAC.  A scheduled repeat cesarean has never been a thought in my mind.

I'd hoped for an intervention-free birth with my daughter, but she was in considerable distress (due to being wrapped up in her cord.)  I do not regret the surgery, as it is pretty clear she would have come out safely otherwise. 

As for this baby, I have a great new team of midwives looking after us and we are planning a hospital birth (this hospital is extremely VBAC friendly).  Although, they know my secret wish is for them to show up at my house while I am in labour and say "There is no time to go to the hospital.  You are having this baby at home."   ;)

And....  can I vent a second?  My mother went to a bloody psychic this weekend who is convinced I am having another C section - and has convinced her of that 'fact' as well.  "But don't worry.  Your daughter and the baby will both survive."    Oh great, thanks.  I really wish she never told me about that stupidity.  ::::rolls eyes::::

Ugh, SO annoying.  I feel your pain.  Why do people do this?!  My friend saw a psychic on Saturday and said that she told her that someone whose name begins with my first initial is going to share some "heartbreaking news" soon.  Really?  Why tell a pregnant girl this?  So dumb.
    PM me for blog link!

• Hello! My LO is 7 months and I was induced on my due date due to being just ready to have the baby, it was December 22 and I wanted to be home on Christmas, and most importantly - totally uneducated on what could/would happen. Induced about 5 AM, things progressed normally, started pushing about 7 PM.. Two hours later, an episiotomy, 15 minutes of forcep use and me totally exhausted we went in for c-section. Baby is and was totally healthy. My recovery was great and no real problems besides the normal pain. I have found a doctor in town that will consider VBAC second time around... planning on about 2 years from now! I check this board out often just trying to stay educated since I was so clueless the first time around!!! 
  • Hi :) I am 12 weeks pregnant and considering VBAC for this pregnancy. We started an induction with DD at 41+6, and things didn't go great. My OB said he supported me going natural, but in the end, he really didn't. He broke my water at 1cm, saying that if we didn't, we "might as well get an OR booked" because the pitocin wasn't helping. After 24 hours of pitocin up to 24 without an epidural, they checked me and I was still 3cm so I got an epidural and got emotionally checked out. DD's heart rate dropped right after the epi to 70 and I threw up something green which was sobering, and then they turned the pit off and I went to sleep. The next morning, we were about to go for the csection and strangely I was fully dilated. My doctor told me he had two other c's to do, so he would be back in about 90 minutes and I could start pushing. In the course of the 90 minutes, my temperature went from 99 to 102, and after 45 minutes of pushing it was 103.5 and he called it. 

It was so deflating, and I honestly can't picture birth going any other way which sucks. I switched to a great midwife group who has a 90% VBAC success rate, and I'm just going to see where it goes. We have a friend who had a rupture and her son now has CP, so that weighs pretty heavily on my mind. My goal now is to go into labor on my own because I would like the baby to choose when it's ready to come out, and save the RCS/VBAC worry for another February.
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How far along are you?: 36w

Why did you have a c/s?: 42w+3 at home, 12h of pitocin in the hospital. No progress. Like, none at all. Not to 0 station, not 1 cm..... nothing. I like to call it "Total failure to progress."

No emotional scars from the past experience (my heart breaks for you ladies who do have them). Giving myself the full 42 weeks, trying everything to encourage labor (including induction).... it's just what we needed. I learned a lot about letting go through that process.

After the home birth that wasn't, I am feeling extremely unattached to what happens this time around. I made the choice to transfer care to be with a doctor supportive of a VTOL. If I need a RCS,.... well, that's fine, too.

I crack up when people ask if I'm having a VBAC. How the hell do I know what's going to happen? We talk a lot here about what we do physically to prepare for birth, but I am much more oriented (this time) to how I prepare mentally and emotionally.

Hospital/Home/Birth Center VBAC?:
    Our (small) local hospital doesn't do VBAC/VTOLAC and I am switching (for my next appointment) to a doc 2 hours away at a much larger hospital that specializes in VBAC for all the surrounding area hospitals that are too small to offer it.

The local hospital was actually quite helpful and supportive of me making the decision for myself, although they are also skilled at communicating how great RCSs are. :)
  • Hello! Just getting back on this board for the first time in January. :)

How far along are you-  23w3d with #2, a baby girl named Jesslyn. 

Why did you have your c/s-  I told my OB multiple times throughout my pregnancy that induction without medical necessity was something I was NOT interested in. I even had her put it in my chart. At 38w5d I went in for a checkup. My OB offered induction for that night and I told her I didn't want to. She told me that I wouldn't go into labor on my own and that she would just induce me the following week (on my b-day) regardless, whether I wanted to or not. She really bullied me and made me feel like I was backed into a corner. I was scared, and felt like I couldn't tell her no so I agreed to the induction. I felt guilty and hurt right away. This was not what I wanted, but I was so vulnerable :(.

I arrived later that night at the hospital to get things started. I was at 0cm and 50% effaced. She used cytotec to induce and my body didn't handle it well. She started pitocin in the am. Sometime later that morning she checked me and I was at 4cm. She broke my water then and without consent. The pain was getting intense, but I knew it was too early for an epidural. The nurse I had at that time was very med pushy, and eventually I got the epi. I reached 6cm later that afternoon. 24 hours after I arrived for induction, and only 3 hours after being told I was at 6cm, an anesthesiologist came into my room. He said, "guess we should get you ready for this cesarean!". Umm....what cesarean? My doctor had NOT talked to me about it and I found out from him. I went into a full blown panic attack. My doctor came into the room and told me I had no option. That she was taking me to surgery for "failure to progress". After calming down they rolled me off. During surgery all my OB could talk about was making it home for dinner (after 9pm?) and a vacation she had the next week. That explains a lot. :/ Everything went well during the c-sec, but I started to feel pain as they sewed me up so I was put under for the remainder. 3 hours later I got to meet and hold my sweet boy.

I had extremely severe PPD and PPA and I blame the experience as the main contributor. I also had a rough and long recovery from the c-section. After my son turned 1 I started researching VBAC although I knew ttc was in our distant future. I found a local ICAN group and started to learn all that I could. Thanks to my ICAN group, I found an amazing OB that I see now. When we went for our first OB appt with this pregnancy and I explained my birth with DS the first words out of her mouth were, "are you wanting to try to vbac with this baby?". She said it with a smile and explained her outlook on them. She is so supportive and I really couldn't ask for a better doc. I feel like I really have a chance at the healing birth I deserve, especially with a supportive team (Dh, new OB and a doula) on my side this time.

Sorry that got long :P .

Are you planning a hospital/home birth/birth center vbac-  Hospital birth with an OB and doula. Unfortunately, midwifes aren't allowed to practice in my state or attend home births (though some are allowed to attend in hospital births we don't have any) so that's not an option without significant travel.

BabyFetus Ticker  
    Ashley, DH: Paul
    Angel Baby: March 09
    #1-BFP: 11.17.09~EDD: 7.21.10~Tristan born 7.13.10 via unnecessary c-sec
    #2-BFP: 3.17.14~EDD: 11.28.14~ It's A Girl!~Shooting for a VBAC
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 15w6d

Dd was born at 33w3d via urgent c/s because she was coming fast and breech. I had a fairly ok recovery but dd was in the hospital for 12 days.

My Ob already said I am a good candidate for a vbac. We'll see how things go with the rest of this pregnancy
    BabyFetus Ticker

• 23 weeks 5 days and I really hope I get my VBAC2. With my 1st child, I went in for an induction(induction happy Dr) but when I got there they could not proceed due to baby having heart rate decelerations. I was in early labor and didn't know it. After waiting for 15 hours and full blown contractions, no progress the Dr finally came in and did the Section. I was devastated, especially when my incision opened up 3 days later. My husband had to stuff it with gauze for 6 weeks waiting to close from the inside out. Awful experience.

Baby #2 I tried to VBAC but I would not progress past about 5-6. He was a big baby with stocky shoulders and it was obvious from his cone head after the section that he was stuck. It didn't help that he was in a posterior position, either. The recovery was better but still not fun.

Now here I am pregnant with # 3 and I sooooo badly want this vbac. I am due around the holidays and I have two other kids to care for. I am just so scared to labor again and end up with another darn section. I've heard from multiple people that a RCS is so much easier to recover from than one you labored during.

I'm a normal sized girl, 5'4 and 130 pre-pregnancy so I don't feel like I have " small" hips but I know that doesn't mean much. I do have a supportive Dr though she spoke honestly and because of my past failures to progress only gives me about a 30% success rate.
  • I am currently 11.5 weeks along, trying for my 3VBAC.

My eldest was born via non-scheduled c/s after 3.5 hours of pushing and never making it past -2 station. Her position was not right. My second was born 2 years later in a hospital VBAC after 8 hours of labor that was fairly intervention free, save the monitoring. My 3rd was another fairly intervention-free hospital VBAC after 3 hours of labor. I'm curious if they will talk AROM induction this time due to my precipitous labor last time.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • I'm Amber and I'm 8 weeks pregnant with #2.  I had a c/s with my son because he was breech and I'm planning a hospital VBAC with a midwife and doula.  Planning to go natural.  
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• RDK24RDK24 member
    edited September 2014
    I'm just TTGP-curious at the moment. LO is 13 months and I don't think I want to start TTGP til she's at least 2. I also don't have AF back yet due to BFing so we're likely a ways off from #2.

With my DD, I only progressed to 3cm on my own after about 36 hrs of labor. In the hospital, my doc broke my water and started me on pitocin and I got to 4. DD didn't tolerate labor well at that point and I was told she had heart rate decelerations and c-sec would be safest.

Thinking back, I wonder if things would have been different if my doc hadn't broken my water or given me so much pitocin, but hindsight's 20/20, right? 

I'm unsure about how I'd prefer to deliver if I get pregnant again. I had a really tough c-sec recovery and PPA and can't imagine dealing with all that AND LO1. But I also don't want to end up with another emergency c-sec after laboring either so for now I'm just reading this board and thinking about it. Thanks for sharing your stories!
  • I am 26 weeks 3 days

I had a C/S with my first- I was induced because they were concerned with how large I was (I am pretty petite 4'9") one week before my due date. I progressed for awhile but then stalled at round 7 (not a fun place to stall at lol) then after hours of back labor and not really progressing I took an epi (wish I hadn't now- I hated it lol - hope to not need one this next time). Then they started talking of C/S but when they checked me I had progressed to 10 and was ready to push. I pushed for a little over 2 hrs, tried the vacuum suction (to no avail). His heart rate started slowing so we went in for C/S. So almost 24 hrs 2 pushing still C/S. I was pretty bummed. I do think that induction played a part and hope to have no reason for induction this time around.

My doc is on board with trying VBAC. She said that you never know how things go until you are in there and she has seen her share of successful and unsuccessful ones for people of my size. She said she prefers people to try a VBAC but did warn us of the slight risk of problems if a rupture were to occur, but considers me a very low risk since it has been so many years, so I feel she is a good choice.

I think though that I am looking at it with less rose colored lenses than last time. I really want a VBAC for the experience and the fact it isn't surgery that you have to recover from. On the other hand, I feel more like I will freak out less if things don't work out the way I have in my head. Unlike last time where I just thought if I tried my best I could have a natural labor no problems and pretty much nothing went the way I expected.

I wish all you lovely ladies the best in getting a VBAC, and hope to be able to post a success story on here in 3/4 months!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"