Multiples

I feel like a moose!!!

I've gained probably about 25 lbs or so (though when I was weighed in yesterday it was up 30 lbs but im sure the pancakes and 32 oz of water before the appt didnt help).  I have been following (loosely) dr lukes guidelines but I know I should be eating more protein.  I just feel like I'm going to be ridiculously huge!!!!  I'm mostly belly but when i think about my weight i get so depressed.

On the bright side my little guys were both weighing in at a hefty 1lb 3 oz yesterday which the dr was happy about.  Dont get me wrong I want big healthy babies and to stay pregnant as long as possible but this weight gain thing is tough.

Thanks for listening

TTC#1 since Feb 07 with PCOS and mild MFI
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

3 cycles clomid TI = BFNs
3 cycles clomid Ovidrel IUI = BFNs
6/27/08 Surprise BFP = chemical pg
IVF#1 July 08 BFP @7dp3dt
TTC #3 since February 2010
FET Sept. and Oct. 2010=BFN's
IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I feel like a moose!!!

• Don't feel bad.  I'm up at least 25lbs... was last week and haven't weighed myself again since then.  Our job is to grow big babies and that sounds exactly like what you're doing.  I do understand how you feel and go back and forth with feeling great for gaining so much and also fear how I'll ever get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  My body is just not cut out for alot of extra weight.

• It sounds like you are right on track with the weight gain reccs for multiples. Can I ask how much you had gained by 17 weeks? I am finally starting to gain weight and am actually hoping that I will gain about 25 pounds by 25 weeks. I'm up about 6 pounds finally in the last two weeks and am trying not to worry, but Dr. Luke's book has me freaked out that I am failing miserably.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was probably up like 15 or so.... i think ive consitently been about a pound a week...
    TTC#1 since Feb 07 with PCOS and mild MFI
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

3 cycles clomid TI = BFNs
    3 cycles clomid Ovidrel IUI = BFNs
    6/27/08 Surprise BFP = chemical pg
    IVF#1 July 08 BFP @7dp3dt
    TTC #3 since February 2010
    FET Sept. and Oct. 2010=BFN's
    IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"