February 2015 Moms
Options

Back in the groove

Re: Back in the groove

• Options
    aks01 said:
    Autocorrect always drives me crazy. Never in my life will I want to say ducking or haga
    WHAT is with haga?? That's not even a word. And 'haha' is very common nowadays. Freaking iPhones. Kills me. 
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Gah, I have missed the regulars this weekend. Happy to see you all back this Monday, about the only thing I'm happy about this Monday. Can we go back to the long weekend? And now I want spaghetti!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG @crazycornball and all the other MoMs... I just researched this little tidbit and found that for myself (a fraternal twin)
    "If you are a fraternal twin, you have a 1 in 17 chance of having twins"  vs 1 in 69 as the overall chances of someone like myself (age/race etc) having twins

GAH!. I don't want twins!
  • Options
    I hate auto correct.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    aks01aks01 member
    My dad was a twin so I guess I have a higher chance of having twins too. I'm not necessarily hoping for it but I wouldn't mind it.

• Options
    The hunger pains just hit me. All I have are carrot cake muffin bars on my desk, and I already ate one this morning. Is 10:45 a suspicious time to leave for lunch? Foooood.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @sugahcookie01 I misread your post to say you HATE spaghetti and I wasn't sure if we would be able to get past that hurdle. So happy to see that is not the case.
  • Options
    With the spaghetti love - I feel the need to mention that I am fantasizing about COLD spaghetti at the moment. 

that is all.
  • Options
    @sugahcookie01 I misread your post to say you HATE spaghetti and I wasn't sure if we would be able to get past that hurdle. So happy to see that is not the case.
    Girl, I am ITALIAN. I need me some spaghetti.
    I just love that you started your response with "Girl". I think we need to start a thread and EVERY post must start with the word "Girl". Totes fun.  :D

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @kismetjess GIRL! Agreed!  @sugahcookie01 GIRL- I am too. :) Sometimes it makes me sad that people don't see my maiden name and associate me as Italian off the bat anymore. I hope this baby looks like a little italian bambino.
  • Options

With the spaghetti love - I feel the need to mention that I am fantasizing about COLD spaghetti at the moment. 

that is all.
    Nothing better than cold ravioli when you're drunk!

Anniversary

• Options

that is all.
    I ate mine cold.  And now I have a peppermint hot chocolate.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like I was on the wrong board this weekend!!
    Me: 30 H: 30 
    Married since May 2008
    TTC Since February 2014
    1st BFP: June 17, 2014; EDD Feb 25, 2015; ^^MMC July 2014^^
    2nd BFP: November 10, 2014; EDD July 26, 2015. Please be our RAINBOW!
    Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
    ^Cherokee Rose (TWD) ^
  • Options
    And now I must go get some spaghetti!  Just have to decide: Johnny Carino's or Carrabas...decisions, decisions :)

I definitely missed all of you ladies this weekend as I literally did not get out of bed.  Not enough comedy to get me through without y'all!

Have a lovely week!!!
    :x
  • Options
    Meagano19 said:
    And now I must go get some spaghetti!  Just have to decide: Johnny Carino's or Carrabas...decisions, decisions :)

Psh, Carrabas all the way. I wish we had one closer to us. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    jaztaz1 said:
    mands1125 said:
    Welcome back!! I started Lovenox last week. That's about it here!
    How you making out with it? Ive been on it for 7wks and take my last dose on Friday. Cant wait. 

It is going pretty well! I make DH give me the shots when possible. I think I need to get a Sharps container to put these things in for disposal though. hmmm
    Me: 34 DH: 34
    Married 3/22/14
    Baby #1 GIRL EDD 2/4/2015
    FVL/History of PE/Gallbladder removal 8/7/14 @ 14w1d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mahalo3mahalo3 member
    edited July 2014
    Ducktale said:
    I'm going to boldly attempt to eat vegetables today. I will keep you all closely updated on how that goes.
    I am too! I have a feeling I will have to cover them in ranch in order to choke them down. My husband is legitimately worried about the baby getting nutrients. We are surviving on cheese and bread right now. 

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    psssh forget veggies. they are unnecessary 
  • Options
    smg2302 said:

that is all.
    I ate mine cold.  And now I have a peppermint hot chocolate.
    Ugh I am fucking DYING at both of you! Vile!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Real Housewives are the best....

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    12:13 CST update: I had a salad from whole foods and so far it was very successful! Coated in poppyseed dressing which is 95% oil and sugar, but I ate vegetables!!!!

Ps: do poppyseeds really turn drug tests positive? I thought myth busters tried it and it did indeed. Follow up question: do they drug test you prenatal appts?
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've developed a new love of gifs. That's about all here. :) Welcome back!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

• Options
    mahalo3 said:
    Ducktale said:
    I'm going to boldly attempt to eat vegetables today. I will keep you all closely updated on how that goes.
    I am too! I have a feeling I will have to cover them in ranch in order to choke them down. My husband is legitimately worried about the baby getting nutrients. We are surviving on cheese and bread right now. 
    Tell your DH the baby will be fine, they take what they need from you, sooo you may feel like crap but the baby will thrive.

this was my mantra when I survived off wendy's frosties for a few weeks when pregnant with DS...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    edited July 2014
    Ducktale said:
    12:13 CST update: I had a salad from whole foods and so far it was very successful! Coated in poppyseed dressing which is 95% oil and sugar, but I ate vegetables!!!! Ps: do poppyseeds really turn drug tests positive? I thought myth busters tried it and it did indeed. Follow up question: do they drug test you prenatal appts?
    I AM SUPPORTING YOU EATING VEGETABLES!

Also, I don't think so to either? I'm actually totally lying about the prenatal appt, I've never had one so I'm going to recind that 'no.' However I think you need to eat like, a metric ton of poppy seeds to pop for opiates. 

eta Wait, mythbusters DIDN'T bust that one?? I gotta google. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch and had a bad textural bite and nearly barfed right on my desk. My boss was like "wtf was that?" That was fun.

Married August 2009

BFP#1 12/19/13 * EDD 8/24/14 * MMC Discovered 2/04/14

BFP#2 5/27/14 * EDD 2/8/15 * Please be our rainbow

• Options

Ducktale said:

12:13 CST update: I had a salad from whole foods and so far it was very successful! Coated in poppyseed dressing which is 95% oil and sugar, but I ate vegetables!!!!

Ps: do poppyseeds really turn drug tests positive? I thought myth busters tried it and it did indeed. Follow up question: do they drug test you prenatal appts?

Also, I don't think so to either? I'm actually totally lying about the prenatal appt, I've never had one so I'm going to recind that 'no.' However I think you need to eat like, a metric ton of poppy seeds to pop for opiates. 

I feel so supported! Praise baby Jesus I'm in in the super special insiders club otherwise I don't know what I'd do.

imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Good lord, I missed you ladies. I checked the board a few times this weekend and saw nothing new. I thought my app was broken, but then it was the same on the iPad. Sad trombone.
    J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MaddScientistMaddScientist member
    edited July 2014

Ducktale said:
    Ducktale said:
    12:13 CST update: I had a salad from whole foods and so far it was very successful! Coated in poppyseed dressing which is 95% oil and sugar, but I ate vegetables!!!! Ps: do poppyseeds really turn drug tests positive? I thought myth busters tried it and it did indeed. Follow up question: do they drug test you prenatal appts?

I feel so supported! Praise baby Jesus I'm in in the super special insiders club otherwise I don't know what I'd do.
    I am also pretty sure they don't drug test you at prenatal appts. But, i am a FTM who hasn't had an appt. yet, so take my words with a grain of salt.... Then again, I am a SELF-DECLARED reg-special insider who knows all and who should be listened to without question. /gavel
  • Options

Ducktale said:
    Ducktale said:

I am also pretty sure they don't drug test you at prenatal appts. But, i am a FTM who hasn't had an appt. yet, so take my words with a grain of salt.... Then again, I am a SELF-DECLARED reg-special insider who knows all and who should be listened to without question. /gavel
    Plus you're a scientist, so that gives you extra cred.  Eat all the poppy seeds!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options
    Ducktale said:
    So, uh, I asked a friend of mine who is an ob/gyn if it's standard practice to drug test, just because I was curious and I thought it would be shady if I asked my doctor. She said no, it's not part of standard care, but they might do it later in pregnancy/at delivery. So feel free to eat all the poppyseeds your heart desires without fear of being labeled an unfit mother. Also, there is no such thing as "The Unfit Mother List." I asked my friend that too.

Married August 2009

• Options
    Izzy0927 said:
    Ducktale said:
    So, uh, I asked a friend of mine who is an ob/gyn if it's standard practice to drug test, just because I was curious and I thought it would be shady if I asked my doctor. She said no, it's not part of standard care, but they might do it later in pregnancy/at delivery. So feel free to eat all the poppyseeds your heart desires without fear of being labeled an unfit mother. Also, there is no such thing as "The Unfit Mother List." I asked my friend that too.
    Lolll @Izzy0927. Can you imagine that phone call?

They do STD testing though, right? I don't know anything. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just had the best veggie sandwich ever from Jimmy John's, like seriously....awesome. but why must they put so much dang Mayo on it. My cucumbers kept slipping and sliding all over the place.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Izzy0927 said:
    Ducktale said:

Mine does
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options

Mine does
    Mine too. They want to make sure you don't put baby at risk during vaginal birth if it can be prevented....and other reasons too I'm sure.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Izzy0927 said:
    Ducktale said:

Yes, they do STD testing.

I remember when I had my first baby and we went over the results of the blood tests.  My doctor goes, "you tested negative for this, this, this, your this is fine, you don't have Syphilis..."

I was like, "I don't have Syphilis??  Whew. That's a relief." 

I had no idea they even tested for all that stuff.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Izzy0927 said:
    Ducktale said:

Mine did.

Married August 2009

• Options

Mine does
    Mine too. They want to make sure you don't put baby at risk during vaginal birth if it can be prevented....and other reasons too I'm sure.
    I remember my screening test results were mailed to my house, and I opened it and sort of just left it on the kitchen counter. DH found the letter (not realizing the fertility clinic does standard screening every so often)... he was looking at me like, "DO WE NEED TO HAVE A CONVERSATION." Poor thing was just standing dumb founded with the letter in his hand. All I could do was laugh. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"