One & Done: Only child

Frightening Marriage Thought

2»

Re: Frightening Marriage Thought

• I'm also sending lots of hugs to you ladies, but I know you will find some amazing connections. 

imageimageimage
  • EMarieMeEMarieMe member
    edited June 2014
    @Tink112011, I love it when my hubs does the dishes. It makes me so happy! But to the OP, yes, I know quite a few. More so since moving to the Bay Area. We were stationed in the south a lot as a kid, and I don't recall a lot of happy marriages. I'm generalizing, but out here people get married later. I think, and again a sweeping generalization, people know themselves a bit better. Or it could be we just know cool people. The hubs and I keep things fun by spicing it up now and then. ;) Just hit 5 years a few months ago. Oh he still drives me nuts sometimes, more so when we sleep deprived or have a sick kid, but 95% I'm a happy camper in our tent.
  • Loading the player...
  • We've only been married 4 years, so I have nothing to say there.

But I can easily think of half a dozen or more truly happy and physically-charged 10+ marriages. Trying to think of common denominators from the outside, they all have both separate interests and as-a-couple activities, and I do think it's important to have both. They meet different needs. And I do know a lot of unhappy couples who either only socialize together or only socialize apart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The only marriage I know that's super romantic after 10+ years is my mom and step dad. DH and I have been together for 7 years and married for almost 4 and I am starting to get concerned. We are having a lot of problems and I'm not sure we're going to make it.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"