Attachment Parenting

Family bed

For those who have a family bed, how long did you have your child with you?

We are living in a 2 bedroom row house, and we have a 2 yo. My husband works from home, so the second bedroom is an office. We definitely need to be here for at least 3 years, so DS will be 5 before we could even think of moving. Has anyone co-slept for that long? I guess if it gets really bad, we could reconfigure somehow to give him the second bedroom, but it would be a challenge.

Re: Family bed

• As long as everyone is happy, there's no reason to stop.
  • Agree with PP. Another option if he decides he wants his own space for sleeping is to set up a toddler bed or put a twin mattress on the floor in another part of the master bedroom. Let him choose his sheets and add a wall decal or something next to his bed and voila! A space just for DS...in your room. :)
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • What @Emerald27 said.  Floor bed was a fabulous option for us!
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • fsumomfsumom member
    DD just transitioned to her bed at 7 before her baby brother was born.
    ~Jessica~ 

• edited July 2014
    We aren't there yet, but I think my nephew was 4 and even then his dad would sleep in the same room with him as needed (mom was with new baby). Edited to remove link to blog post, again my apologies, I didn't realize it was against TOU.
  • edited July 2014
    Sorry, I just thought it was fun to share, I will see if I can delete my post. And just so you know, it is my personal blog, I gain nothing by sharing it. No financial benefit, no adds on my page, no affiliate links, nothing, just me sharing about being a mom. A couple of the things I have written about lately include topics that seemed relavent to this forum. I didn't realize it was against TOU to share blog posts. My apologies.
  • @aditigirl‌ Are we still allowed to include links to our blog in our siggies? It's news to me that it's now against TOU to share your blog.

...I seem to remember a number of people creating threads in which they asked posters to link their blogs, just to follow their stories (I think this was over on TTC and/or 3T). Is that not allowed either?

ETA: I in no way am trying to be snarky here. Just learning the rules. :)
    imageimage
  • aditigirl said:

Emerald27 said:

@aditigirl‌ Are we still allowed to include links to our blog in our siggies? It's news to me that it's now against TOU to share your blog.

...I seem to remember a number of people creating threads in which they asked posters to link their blogs, just to follow their stories (I think this was over on TTC and/or 3T). Is that not allowed either?

ETA: I in no way am trying to be snarky here. Just learning the rules. :)

I just saw this, sorry. I don't think it's a problem to have your blog link in your sig... I think it is considered against TOU to share your blog in every response you make. At least, that's what I was told.

Makes sense. I wasn't white knighting. ;) Just figuring out the what what.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"