March 2015 Moms
Options

Is this a positive???

9 days late period, emotional, very nauseus and tired! I took this test in the middle of the night because ai couldn't sleep because of the nausea! Now I can't sleep because I can't believe there is a faint line! :)

Is this a positive?? I will take another tomorrow to make sure!

Re: Is this a positive???

• Options
    I would say so! Congrats!!
  • Options
    A line is a line, so, um, yes. You read the directions, yes? Congratulations, you are pregnant.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is NOT a faint line. Congrats.
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
    BFP #1: DD born 08/12
    BFP #2: 04/13 Natural M/C: 5/13
    BFP #3: 06/14 DUE 3/5/15
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh my god!! I'm so happy! I will take another today anyway just to see a better line, I can't believe this! Hello march moms :):)
  • Options
    Congrats!

Married August 20th, 2005 to the love of my life.

1st BFP August 6th, 2010. Missed MC discovered at 13 weeks. 

2nd BFP January 5th, 2011. Beautiful Harper born September 28th, 2011.

3rd BFP March 15th, 2013. Treated with methotrexate for ectopic pg at 7 weeks.

4th BFP August 2nd, 2013. Sweet Micah born sleeping at 21 weeks with full T13. 5th BFP July 1st, 2014. Praying for a healthy, full term rainbow!

• Options
    jap618jap618 member
    Congratulations!
    Married the love of my life June 18, 2011 -- Me (28) DH (29)
    TTC #1 since June 2012
    BFP #1 6.29.12 EDD 3.12.13 MMC discovered 8.11.12 9w5d D&C 8.15.12
    BFP #2 11.2.12 EDD 7.14.13 MMC 6w5d discovered 8w6d 2 failed rounds miso D&C 12.27.12
    BFP #3 8.5.13 EDD 4.18.14 MMC 7w4d discovered 9.25.13 at 10w6d -Trisomy 13- 1 round miso & emergency D&C 10.2.13
    RPL Testing. DX Asherman's November 2013. Low AMH (0.44) January 2014. 
    Operative Hysteroscopy January 2014 to remove scar tissue.
    BFP#4 6.18.14 EDD 3.3.15 Team Pink
    --AL always welcome--
  • Options
    Congratulations. : )

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    @Jessuhmarie I guess I'm just in so much shock! :) I can't believe there is actually a second line :)
  • Options
    Yep that's positive, congrats!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP 8/28/07, M/C 11/10/07

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

My BFP Chart|DIY obsessed

• Options
    A line a line.... congratulations and welcome to the group.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    Even a faint line counts!  Congrats!  Hope the nausea subsides!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    yes, that's a line. Congrats and welcome! 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!

For suzyq0525

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    (Try not to eye roll, try not to eye roll) /:) /eyeroll. Hell I tried. At least you put the cap on. Congrats and welcome
    My thoughts exactly. And no pubes.
      Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image 
  • Options
    Well.. I took another one 25 mIU test today and it was negative,I'm very confused. And thanks for the sarcasm to some of you, I have never been pregnant before so Ididn't know what to think of the soft line.. Now I'm even more confused about the neg test today! :(:(
  • Options
    You could try a digital test that is easier to read or make an appointment with your Dr. for confirmation with a blood test.

For suzyq0525

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    You could try a digital test that is easier to read or make an appointment with your Dr. for confirmation with a blood test.
    I'm sorry for the limbo stage you're in. I agree with the above, especially with calling your doctor. 
  • Options
    uneek1323 said:
    I'm sorry for the limbo stage you're in. I agree with the above, especially with calling your doctor. 
    No again.  
    I know you're going to keep disagreeing with this. Mind explaining why? I had 2 doctors tell me they were glad I called right away with both of my cp's. A blood test is the best way to confirm what's going on. 
  • Options
    uneek1323 said:
    uneek1323 said:
    No again.  
    I know you're going to keep disagreeing with this. Mind explaining why? I had 2 doctors tell me they were glad I called right away with both of my cp's. A blood test is the best way to confirm what's going on. 
    Because if she is having a CP this early, there is nothing that doing a blood test can change about it.  All that does is run up health care costs.
    Yes, you're right. There's nothing can be done about it, unfortunately. But we're talking in ifs. It could be a cp. Or one of the tests could be inaccurate. Again, a blood test will confirm what's going on.
  • Options
    I agree with going into the doctor. A chemical pregnancy is a loss and she might want that documented in her charts. I really don't think this is one of those times where it's a huge waste of time all around to go to the doctor.

Agreed.  In my case once I had three losses I could see an RE with insurance coverage so I needed to have it documented.  I truly hope and pray that is never a situation OP is in though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    I am truly hoping that because I took the second test in the middle of the day VS the first one was just before I usually wake up, not having peed for hours that the first one is valid! I will be taking another test tomorrow morning and hope for 2 lines :) thanks for all the answers ladies!
  • Options
    I don't get why OP is being flamed for asking a simple question and posting a pic. Is it offensive for some reason? I don't see anything wrong with it... @Star2225 I hope the best for you whatever the outcome
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jjgrl55 said:

I don't get why OP is being flamed for asking a simple question and posting a pic. Is it offensive for some reason? I don't see anything wrong with it... @Star2225 I hope the best for you whatever the outcome

It's just generally considered annoying to post an obvious positive and ask, "Is this a positive?" It's pretty easy to read a pregnancy test, so posting something like that comes off as very attention-seeking. 

Now, posting about a negative right after a positive is a different situation, but that's not what OP came here for in the first place.

----
    This.
  • Options
    Maybe not "flaming" but she definitely got a hard time for it. I haven't spent much time on TB so I guess I have more patience for this kind of post. If it seems like an annoying AW post, maybe just don't respond?
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Maybe not "flaming" but she definitely got a hard time for it. I haven't spent much time on TB so I guess I have more patience for this kind of post. If it seems like an annoying AW post, maybe just don't respond?
    That's not really how public forums work.  You cannot dictate responses.  If you don't like the tone of the board then maybe it's not the right place for you.
    Your dog is adorable.
    :o3
  • Options
    @PinkCamino  Thanks!  She is completely spoiled rotten, 13 years old, with no teeth (why her tongue sticks out).   :P
    So much love for your toothless dog. And.. I totally get the spoiled thing. We've got a 1 year old yokie bicon maltais mutt who is the queen of the castle for sure.
    :P
  • Options

It's not hard to Google positive pregnancy test, first tri has a sticky all about it, the box is pretty obvious saying a line is a line, so why post it on a board full of women you do not know. I think I'm going to pee on a stick and take it too babies r us and shove it in people's face and ask them.
    ---
    do me a favor and video tape it? I'd like to see how it goes over. I'm thinking they will all be SO supportive and will squee with you, not look at you like you are a weirdo.

• Options
    Oh my god this is ridiculous! I knew that 2 lines mean positive, but since it was so light I thought I would ask if it counts! Partly due to me not believing it, not attention seeking.
    I'm very sorry that you consider this "shoving it in your face" but I thought I would ask, partly due to never have seen a positive test before, so yeah I'm a little green, but I never thought that I would recieve such snarky comments just because I'm a newbie in the pregnancy division, excuse me but were all of you perfectly knowledgeable about pregnancy right when you took the first test?
    I was hoping to be a participant in this group but getting hate for being a newbie which I am, is very unappealing.
  • Options
    star2225 said:

Oh my god this is ridiculous! I knew that 2 lines mean positive, but since it was so light I thought I would ask if it counts! Partly due to me not believing it, not attention seeking.
    I'm very sorry that you consider this "shoving it in your face" but I thought I would ask, partly due to never have seen a positive test before, so yeah I'm a little green, but I never thought that I would recieve such snarky comments just because I'm a newbie in the pregnancy division, excuse me but were all of you perfectly knowledgeable about pregnancy right when you took the first test?
    I was hoping to be a participant in this group but getting hate for being a newbie which I am, is very unappealing.

You don't need to be a pregnancy veteran to know what two lines look like.
  • Options
    star2225 said:
    Oh my god this is ridiculous! I knew that 2 lines mean positive, but since it was so light I thought I would ask if it counts! Partly due to me not believing it, not attention seeking. I'm very sorry that you consider this "shoving it in your face" but I thought I would ask, partly due to never have seen a positive test before, so yeah I'm a little green, but I never thought that I would recieve such snarky comments just because I'm a newbie in the pregnancy division, excuse me but were all of you perfectly knowledgeable about pregnancy right when you took the first test? I was hoping to be a participant in this group but getting hate for being a newbie which I am, is very unappealing.

Nope I had no idea what I was doing the first time and that's why I bought a digital. Zero confusion when the "pregnant" or "not pregnant" stares you square in the face. Also, it says quite clearly on the side of every standard HPT (non digital of course) that the darkness of the line makes no difference  with whether your pregnant or not. You can't be a little pregnant, ya feel me? A line is a line in the world of BFPs.

Also, I'm totally new here and these ladies have been awesome so far.

• Options
    jap618jap618 member

star2225 said:

Nope I had no idea what I was doing the first time and that's why I bought a digital. Zero confusion when the "pregnant" or "not pregnant" stares you square in the face. Also, it says quite clearly on the side of every standard HPT (non digital of course) that the darkness of the line makes no difference  with whether your pregnant or not. You can't be a little pregnant, ya feel me? A line is a line in the world of BFPs.

Haha although I will say my first digital read ? Because it malfunctioned. I was like WTF?!?!?! If the test doesn't know how the f am I supposed to know!

TTC #1 since June 2012
    BFP #2 11.2.12 EDD 7.14.13 MMC 6w5d discovered 8w6d 2 failed rounds miso D&C 12.27.12
    BFP #3 8.5.13 EDD 4.18.14 MMC 7w4d discovered 9.25.13 at 10w6d -Trisomy 13- 1 round miso & emergency D&C 10.2.13
    --AL always welcome--
  • Options
    jap618 said:
    star2225 said:
    Oh my god this is ridiculous! I knew that 2 lines mean positive, but since it was so light I thought I would ask if it counts! Partly due to me not believing it, not attention seeking. I'm very sorry that you consider this "shoving it in your face" but I thought I would ask, partly due to never have seen a positive test before, so yeah I'm a little green, but I never thought that I would recieve such snarky comments just because I'm a newbie in the pregnancy division, excuse me but were all of you perfectly knowledgeable about pregnancy right when you took the first test? I was hoping to be a participant in this group but getting hate for being a newbie which I am, is very unappealing.

Haha although I will say my first digital read ? Because it malfunctioned. I was like WTF?!?!?! If the test doesn't know how the f am I supposed to know!

Ha!

Did you know that a clear blue digi needs to be submerged for 20 seconds if you're using a collection cup?

:!!
  • Options
    jap618jap618 member
    @PinkCamino‌ lol I had peed right on it and don't think I held it under the stream long enough. It was my first one ever. Haha.
    TTC #1 since June 2012
    --AL always welcome--
  • Options
    star2225 said:
    Yeah, my test was as dark as yours and it was the only positive I have ever seen in person in my life. I still knew it was a positive. You knew it too, stop pretending you didn't know. 

A million other boards on the Internet will gladly squee over a post like this. We won't. That's just how it is. You can still hang out here, just don't expect to be able to change the way The Bump has been for many years.
    Me & DH: 24 Married: 5/11
    Started TTC: 12/12 Testing Started: 5/14
    Dx: Irregular Ovulation, possible PCOS
    Treatment starting July '14: Letrozole + Trigger + TI
    Surprise natural BFP right before starting meds!!!!!- EDD 3/7/15

• Options
    If calling your doctor will make you feel better, by all means you should call your doctor.  He/she may not end up wanting you to come in for bloodwork, but at least there's some comfort in knowing that the doctor knows what's going on and as a medical professional (as opposed to an internet stranger) decided you didn't need to come in.  Sorry things are confusing with your tests, I hope yo get some definitive answers soon.  

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"