School-Aged Children

Movie question

Spin313Spin313 member
edited May 2014 in School-Aged Children
When did your child(ren) start to like "real" movie, aka not cartoons/animated films...?

I was thinking about showing DS some movies from my childhood (Annie, Pippi Longstocking), but I don't know if they'd be able to hold his interest.

Re: Movie question

• My daughter is 5 and has loved Annie since she was about 3. Milo and Otis is another good one.
    I would say just try it. If he seems interested great and if not put those movies on the backburner for another year or so.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 6. She is 6 not 5.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DD1 (6) loved Annie. There are quite a few live action movies that she has enjoyed.
  • ss+elss+el member
    My 5yr old is hooked on the Spy Kids movies. Of course, Netflix has all but the original, so now I have to track that down for him (library I hope). He still doesn't necessarily sit through the whole thing, will usually watch and play at the same time, but he can tell me what happened in them.
  • DD (who is 3) started liking them at about 2.5. She LOVES Mary Poppins, The Wizard of Oz and Harry Potter (the first one). She also watches part of Star Wars, but it is too boring for her. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • The only non-animated movie DS has been into is Mary Poppins. He's asked to watch the "real" superhero movies but those are obviously too mature for him!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The last two years (age 6-7yrs), my DD has requested to watch and LOVED Matilda, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang, The Never-ending Story and Dennis the Menace.

We have these on DVD and because she can read, she was interested in watching them. She's really into the "Life" series of movies that's narrated by Oprah Winfrey so we've been plowing through them.

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• DesignermommaDesignermomma member
    edited July 2014
    DS is 5 and likes the muppet movies, Mary poppins, all the Disney Puppies/Dog movies, Shrek the musical on Broadway, and even Mr. Bean TV shows. My parents got him into Mr. Ed TV show too. Also Americas funniest home videos, wipeout, American ninja TV shows as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my daughter just saw the movie Eloise and she LOVED that. :)
    My daughter is my hero.
  • My son started watching stuff like that at 5 or so. Really understanding around 6

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"