February 2014 Moms
Options

AMA- Rondack

2»

Re: AMA- Rondack

• Options
    JoyBaby5 said:

How did you come up with LO's name?

We just liked it. I don't really remember who thought of it.

Do you prefer living in the city, suburbs or country?

Would people say you have an accent?

What was your college major?
    A few years ago I'd have said rural country. But having lived in all three in the last few years I've seen a lot of good in all of them. A good suburbs, in a more rural area with trails and a neighborhood playground/pool/family area. The community space is REALLY nice.

When I lived in the carbines a few friends would pick on my accent. According to a MI friend I do... According to all my northeast friends I do not. ;-)

I was a biology major.
    keags5496 said:

If you could travel to another time period when would it be and why?

If money wasn't an object, what would your dream job be?

I'd love to travel back to the Wild West and see the country for real. Plus being with a horse 24/7 would be great.

Dream job? I'd hire a hell of a editor to fix up my random dropped letters/words/punctuation when I'm writing rapidly and I'd see if I could become an author.

Do you play an instrument?

I used to play the clarinet and bassoon.

If you could have any career, what would it be?

Favourite jolly rancher flavor?

What do you feed your pets?

What baby carrier is your favourite?

Any trips/vacations planned in the near future?

Grape!

Chicken soup for the pet lovers soul. I fed the hedgie a blend of that and blue buffalo and diamond cat food.

I love my ergo, but the mei tai is my favorite.

I'll be in the Adirondacks with the kids next week!

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Soap1Soap1 member
    Would you rather have pictures and stories about all of your ancestors 8 generations in the past, or all of your descendants 8 generations in the future?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think this ama has made me love you more.

You can have all my grape jolly ranchers. They're my least favorite!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Whoa! I'm way behind again. Keep asking and I'll catch up a bit later. I've got a play date with a friend this morning and DH is actually home and distracting me.

For now I'm going to tag the lovely @keags5496‌ for the next AMA.

image image
  • Options
    Who is your favorite comedian?

Maybe I didn't see this above, but would you get another hedgehog?

Because Daryl+Puppy =ALL the feels

• Options
    I'm am loving all the hedgies on here now. I miss my little pokeys...maybe in a few years we'll get another.
  • Options
    The hedgehogs are super cute guys.  
    My cousin had one, I was never sure they would actually make a good pet.  Seeing the picture of your's in the toy truck, I was clearly wrong.

So here's my question:  What other animal have you had that people might not think would make a good pet but did?  Bonus points for pics.  

F'14 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• Options

If you could go back in time what would you tell 13 year old Rondack?

To calm down about following the rules and relax a bit... But I wouldn't want to change a thing about my life. I've had some hard shit but it's all made me who I am. Perhaps to skip the southern comfort shot at the alpha sig party that one night. Puking is no fun.
    So young Rondack followed the rules. Did you ever have detention? Stay out past your curfew? Sneak out of the house? Now that you have your DD, do you want her to follow all the rules like you or be more of a free spirit?

• Options
    carleys said:

What is your favorite activity (indoors and outdoors) to do with the LOs

either individually or together?

What is your favorite season?

I love to go to musuems as an indoor activity and to hike with them. At home we like to play with snap circuits and play dough and just do water play or sled in the backyard.

My favorite season is fall. The colors, the smell, Halloween...

Favorite candle scent? What's #1 on your bucket list? Favorite chain restaurant?

I don't use scented candles. The KEMICULLS!

Travel is the big part of my bucket list. I want to see Thailand, Paris, Alaska, Australia, Madagascar...
    Soap1 said:

Would you rather have pictures and stories about all of your ancestors 8 generations in the past, or all of your descendants 8 generations in the future?

I'd want the past. I want to be surprised by the future and my life and I don't want to know any sadness ahead of time.

image image
  • Options

Who is your favorite comedian?

Maybe I didn't see this above, but would you get another hedgehog?

I won't get another hedgehog unless we live somewhere with 24/7 access to an exotic vet.
    Meghan14 said:

The hedgehogs are super cute guys.  

My cousin had one, I was never sure they would actually make a good pet.  Seeing the picture of your's in the toy truck, I was clearly wrong.

So here's my question:  What other animal have you had that people might not think would make a good pet but did?  Bonus points for pics.  
    I haven't owned them, only pet sat for them and played with friend's pets, but I'd love a rat or a snake. Rats are SO smart and fun and snakes can have wonderful personalities and are so pretty.

If you could go back in time what would you tell 13 year old Rondack?

To calm down about following the rules and relax a bit... But I wouldn't want to change a thing about my life. I've had some hard shit but it's all made me who I am. Perhaps to skip the southern comfort shot at the alpha sig party that one night. Puking is no fun.
    So young Rondack followed the rules. Did you ever have detention? Stay out past your curfew? Sneak out of the house? Now that you have your DD, do you want her to follow all the rules like you or be more of a free spirit?

I never had detention and never stayed out or snuck out or skipped class. I was GOOD.

I want my DD to be happy. I was anxious about breaking the rules. I'd love if she would choose to follow the rules because she wanted to and they made sense to her, but I also want her to stand up for herself if some rules do not make sense. I want her to learn to trust her instincts and learn the appropriate behavior varies depending on your surroundings and how to treat others and herself well. I want the same for my son.

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"