November 2014 Moms
Options

N14 spreadsheet

2»

Re: N14 spreadsheet

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Agreed with all you ladies - spreadsheet has lost its purpose and the sex announcement thread has always been a hot mess. I agree that we should un-sticky them both. 

To add to that, I'd close the signature help thread from comments, too, since users can see from their existing comments if the changes they are making have worked. 

Maybe for Labor Buddies, a good way to figure it out would be to match-up based on ticker changer threads? Pick someone earlier/later from your thread each week? 
    I like the ticker change buddy idea. My ticker change group is amaze balls with most of the group being very active with our board. I would be excited to have any of them as a labor buddy hehe ;)
    I like this idea too.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    Wednesday doesn't have a very big ticker change group. :'( But I do like that idea! 

I'm totally with those who feel like gym class. This chronically un-cool kid got picked last every time! 
    We could always combine a few ticker threads as a group to make them bigger for this purpose? 

I think the idea behind the ticker changer group is just because you somewhat know those ladies and they are regular posters more invested in the board than the randoms who just post on the SS thread. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    My cesarean is scheduled for the 24th I don't think I'll be needing a labor buddy. I will update you ladies about it before and after babies arrival : ) Also like others said i exclusively mobile bump, so no signatures for me. I used to computer bump, so i'm not sure if there are things in my signature you guys see that need to be deleted or updated. Hope i post enough to be considered a reg. I believe i do but i'm a worry wart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lissydee said:
    I don't think I want a labor buddy, is that weird?  I mean, maybe I'll have someone tell you all when I'm in labor but I don't think I'm going to want to be updating throughout labor.  I'll let you all know when the little one is here.  :)

I never had one with my previous kiddos. I don't even tell extended family when I am in labor--my focus needs to be on birthing my kiddo, not announcing every detail to the world. I'll come on after with an announcement with team, time and measurements.
    I agree with this. Isn't it just as easy to post on the board that you're in labor (if you want to) as it is to text/facebook your labor buddy? I guess I have a hard time seeing the point, but whatever a person wants to do. 

Like @lissydee - I will not be posting on facebook or anywhere else that I am in labor. Family and friends will be notified after this boy is born (how long after depends on what time he's born and how labor and delivery went). I think I'll just want some time to spend with our little family and to try and have a few hours/a day to recover.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    If I am correct, a lot of labor buddies were used in my previous bmb to tell bad news. Most of the moms came on a posted their birth stories and photos when things were ok, it was if there were complications that the labor buddies updated.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @chmwilliams I can totally be bought with cake or cold hard cash, just saying. ;)
  • Options
    CPM13CPM13 member
    I don't think I want a labor buddy, is that weird?  I mean, maybe I'll have someone tell you all when I'm in labor but I don't think I'm going to want to be updating throughout labor.  I'll let you all know when the little one is here.  :)

This exactly. Glad I am not the only one. :)
  • Options

Yeah. Here's my classified ad:
    28f pregnant chick going into labor around November 11. I like comedy, good music, long walks on the beach, and cake. Looking for another like minded pregnant chick who is also going into labor In November to have a hardcore labor text. You must be at least 21. Only serious inquiries please.

This just cracked me up lmao

• Options
    Wow, where do I begin?

1) I am not on FB so I'm SOL there...

2) I'm open to being anyone's labor buddy

3) I don't think the signatures/ acronyms should be unstuck...I need that at the top...I consult it often!

4) I think if I were to update during labor or right after, I would just post directly...not sure how I'll be feeling so I can't say what the outcome will be...possibly play by play...possibly a week or so after.

For those only on mobile (who can't see my sig tickers)...I am a STM (DD is 15 mos), I had a CS and will have a scheduled RCS on Nov 7 (EDD, Nov 15) but I think I will go into labor early like I did with DD.

Love you all!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    I just read the Team thread again. I forgot what a cluster that was. There was even a GBCB!
  • Options
    MindyAndRyanMindyAndRyan member
    edited June 2014
    Wednesday doesn't have a very big ticker change group. :'( But I do like that idea! 

I'm totally with those who feel like gym class. This chronically un-cool kid got picked last every time! 
    @WildFlower810 I am a Wednesday ticker change, and I couldn't tell you how many weeks have gone with no one starting a Wednesday ticker change thread. I did once, but that was it.

And I feel the same way you do. I am an outcast everywhere I go, so the thought of no one wanting to be my buddy brings back too many memories.

Besides, I'm a loner, Dottie, a rebel!

https://youtu.be/mKLizztikRk

Edit: embed fail

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

@WildFlower810 I am a Wednesday ticker change, and I couldn't tell you how many weeks have gone with no one starting a Wednesday ticker change thread. I did once, but that was it.

And I feel the same way you do. I am an outcast everywhere I go, so the thought of no one wanting to be my buddy brings back too many memories.

I'm a Wednesday ticker change too. I've noticed there are only like 5-7 people that post on it (when it even gets started) too. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    NunyaBennisNunyaBennis member
    edited June 2014
    dmo1371 said:

I'm a Wednesday ticker change too. I've noticed there are only like 5-7 people that post on it (when it even gets started) too. 

---------long quote quote fail----------

I certainly wouldn't want to speak on behalf of all of Tuesday, but I for one would be honored to share with Wednesday ticker mommas!
  • Options
    I think my ticker changes on Fridays, but I've never thought to post on one of those threads because I only bump on mobile and can't see tickers or siggies. I was hoping that would change with the app update but, no. :((
  • Options
    Ugh I don't have Facebook:( but feel free to to follow me on twitter and Instagram:) and I don't care about labor buddies! I think it will be fun but I want to be the one posting!
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • Options
    DoubleUp8DoubleUp8 member
    edited June 2014

Agreed with all you ladies - spreadsheet has lost its purpose and the sex announcement thread has always been a hot mess. I agree that we should un-sticky them both. 

To add to that, I'd close the signature help thread from comments, too, since users can see from their existing comments if the changes they are making have worked. 

Maybe for Labor Buddies, a good way to figure it out would be to match-up based on ticker changer threads? Pick someone earlier/later from your thread each week? 
    I like the ticker change buddy idea. My ticker change group is amaze balls with most of the group being very active with our board. I would be excited to have any of them as a labor buddy hehe ;)
    I second this! Friday/Saturday Ticker Change rocks! ;)

ETA: also, as to the original topic of the post. I have only been helping to update the spreadsheet because I knew people were still submitting info and I wanted to be helpful. I am happy to go along with whatever the board decides to do in regards to the spreadsheet.
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    I renamed it.

• Options
    I'm picked last for tons and never ever win raffles. It's a fact.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    BlackBooksBlackBooks member
    edited July 2014
    lisaren said:
    I renamed it.
      But if it is renamed then someone searching for it won't be able to find it. I can understand that we want to unsticky the post but I don't understand why we need to change the name of the post.

ETA: Just started reading the poll thread - looks like this is being discussed there.
    TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • Options
    lisarenlisaren member
    edited July 2014

lisaren said:

I renamed it.

But if it is renamed then someone searching for it won't be able to find it. I can understand that we want to unsticky the post but I don't understand why we need to change the name of the post.

------
    It has since been changed back. It was asked by several women to rename due to the drive by posters, Hoping it would be overlooked.

• Options
    lisaren said:
    lisaren said:
    I renamed it.
    ------ It has since been changed back. It was asked by several women to rename due to the drive by posters, Hoping it would be overlooked.
    Sorry - I edited my post above!
    TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss @amscharf‌. Good luck ttc, you'll be back bumping before you know it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"