January 2015 Moms
Options

Nursing bras

Finding a good nursing bra is like chasing the gold at the end of a rainbow! It's so annoying!
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nursing bras

• Options
    I think I'm going to check out H and M this time. Their prices are really, really cheap. So even if they are crap, it doesn't matter. I got my last ones from destination maternity, and that was the only place I tried.

where have you looked so far?
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've tried several places. I think I just need to get sized.

• Options
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• Options
    @libberluru‌ that's what I've been doing mostly. But I went up 3 sizes with ds so sometimes I want/need more support.

• Options

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • Options
    I lived in my glamourmom tank tops after I had my first.
  • Options
    Motherhood was my favorite. Def no wires though.

• Options
    KatieFNP1984KatieFNP1984 member
    edited June 2014

Those look really comfortable. Are you all just buying a larger size of your regular bra for now and saving these for after baby is here? Or just switching now?
    FTM baby boy born Jan 2015
  • Options
    I loved my medela nursing bras! Very, very comfortable.

BFP #1 8.6.2011 EDD 4.7.2012 DS1 born 3.30.2012

BFP #2 1.21.2014 EDD 10.1.2014 natural m/c 1.30.2014
    BFP #3 4.30.2014 EDD 1.10.2015 DS2 born 12.31.2014
    imageimageimage

• Options
    i only went up to a DD when my milk came in with DS, so i liked the jersey/bralette kind the best.  i had some nice ones from target that had this mesh/lacy panel backing around the cotton part that hooked over your boob, so if it peeked out of my top (which happened a lot with the faux wrap nursing-style tops), it still looked nice.  they don't seem to have them any more, which sucks, and i gave them all to my neighbor, and we both have since moved.  :(
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options

snip
    ^^^ This. Are pregnant women supposed to wear nursing bras while pregnant and after? I'm confused.
    I only wore while I was nursing during the day time. Now we only nurse once a day (at night) and I just wear regular bras. I never wore any while pregnant. I suppose some people might if they felt like they were more comfortable? 

• Options
    I got the nursing bra I liked best from Target. They had this Basic something brand that was made out of spanx material that was really comfy and it was like $22. I also got a two pack of "sleep bras" that I wear around the house that are racerback like a sports bra and criss cross in the front, I loved those

• Options

Those look really comfortable. Are you all just buying a larger size of your regular bra for now and saving these for after baby is here? Or just switching now?

I bought them at the end of my pregnancy last time. I happened to be at the low end of the size range so I hoped that postpartum they would fit and they did. My cup size changed mostly at the beginning of pregnancy and then after birth. My band size increased during my third tri though.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • Options
    ECATXECATX member

I bought a few Bravado body silk nursing bras last time when I was close to the third trimester. I couldn't wear underwire any more because it was digging into my ribcage, and I was confused about my size (my cup size went up twice by then, and my band size went up, too!). It was worth it to go to a specialty store and get sized! Before that, I just bought a few regular (not nursing) bras from target, and they were fine until I grew out of them. The body silk bras I bought later on worked through the third trimester and for the first few weeks of breastfeeding, partially because they're really stretchy and can accommodate fluctuating cup sizes. After that, I needed a smaller band size and a larger cup size, so I bought more nursing bras when DD was about a month old. Those worked until she was about 6-8 months old, and then they were too big. When DD was born, I brought a few nursing sleep bras to the hospital, and those were fantastic for the first few days/week post partum.

I wouldn't worry about it just yet, because your size may still change between now and the end of your pregnancy, and then again when the baby is born. I liked wearing the body silk bras at the end of my pregnancy, but if you go that route, I'd look at nursing tanks or bras that have some leeway on sizing, because in my experience, things are all over the place for a while.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Go to Macy's I hit the jackpot when I went there and they have more variety of styles and sizes!

• Options
    @VioletGjoni‌ I'm still nursing ds so I'm wearing them now but didn't start till after ds was born.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"