Multiples

25 weeks, lots of swelling?

It seems as soon as I hit 25 weeks a few days ago, my ankles are SO swollen. This didn't happen with my singleton until late in 3rd tri last time. It was also July when it happened last time so I'm wondering if it's more heat related. Or maybe I shouldn't be this swollen this early? My appointment isn't for 3 weeks so I was just looking to hear other's experiences. Anyone swelling in 2nd tri? 

Re: 25 weeks, lots of swelling?

• I'm 18 weeks and notice some swelling in the evenings the past couple of days. I didn't swell with DD at all that I remember. That was in winter though. Maybe it is heat related. I noticed on my 18 week bump ticker that it said you might start noticing swelling now so I'm not too worried. If yours is very severe and sudden you might want to get checked out. Do you have any other symptoms like vision problems? 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @RayRay007 No, no other symptoms and I'm actually feeling pretty good. I know that swelling can by symptoms of more serious things so I guess I'll just keep an eye out. I'm glad you read that about swelling, thanks for sharing!
  • Loading the player...
  • "Lurker" Just wanted to jump in and recommend upping your liquid intake (even if it seems like your drinking plenty your body may want/need more) and putting your feet up more often!
        BFP: 2/24/14 | EDD: 10/22/14 (triplets) 
    US (with RE) 3/24/2014 (two healthy HB), US (with OB) 3/31/2014 (three healthy heartbeats)

US (with RE) 4/7/14 No Heartbeats :(  | D&C 4/8/14
    BFP#2: 10/22/14 | (beta  #1 75, beta # 2 219) | EDD 7/3/15 ~*Please be our RAINBOW*~
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T

• You should probably get your blood pressure checked out, too. Sudden swelling can be a sign of pre-eclampsia.
  • It's likely just the heat. You could always go take your BP at a grocery store or drug store just to put yourself at ease. 120/80 is normal. Anything over 140/90 you need to call your dr.

Swelling in your face or arms, dizziness, nausea, sharp pains, or a general feeling of being off combined with rapid swelling is a cause for concern.

But without any other complicating factors, my vote is the heat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"