August 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone else have a giant baby? :)

Tomorrow I will be 34 weeks. Went in for a growth scan today & they told me he is already over 6 pounds! I have a c-section at 39 weeks, so that's approximately 2.5 more pounds that he will gain before he makes his appearance!! :) Dr. said to expect between 9-10 pounds. I know it's just a guess, but whoa! Maybe that's why my pelvis hurts so much!! Hahah.

In other news, I got to see him "practice breathing" on the ultrasound, which was very cool. I did not have such a late ultrasound with dd so I had never seen that. OB said everything looks really good, he's just big.

Re: Anyone else have a giant baby? :)

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    +RBL++RBL+ member
    No idea how big this LO is but DS was 8lbs 4oz when he was born at 37w4d gestation.  If I had gone to 40 w with him, I'm sure he would have been close to 10 lbs.

I really hope this LO isn't 10 lbs!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like this one is big, but they keep telling me normal size.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I had a growth u/s last week and baby was estimated at just over 5 lbs (I'm 33 weeks). She'll probably be 8.5-9 lbs at birth! DD was 8 lb 14 oz, so I guess I just grow big babies!
  • Options
    They don't tell me anything other than "wow, she's a great size." DH and I were both over 10 lbs. Everywhere in my body, I feel baby. She is probably huge.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    OMG! That is definitely going to be a big baby :) We were at our last ultrasound last week at 33 weeks and were told that he's 5.5 lbs and in the 63rd percentile growth wise. So a tiny bit bigger than average. But my OB did tell me she was hoping for a 6-8 pound baby for me. Six more weeks to go and I wonder how big he'll turn out!!
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I personally weighed 10lb 4oz when I was born and I have been measuring 2 weeks ahead for sometime now.  They told me he is measuring in the 92nd percentile, but don't have another ultrasound until I hit 37 weeks.  My Dr has already started discussing C-Section as an option in case he continues to measure big.  I have NO desire to push out a 10lb baby!  It makes me hurt just thinking about it!
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me when they measured you to get an approximate baby weight?? I'm at 31 weeks 4 days and they haven't told me anything about baby's weight yet! I'd really like to know if they think it's big/small/average just to try and get myself psyched up for delivery...
  • Options
    My little girl has consistently measured in the 90% range. At my 30 week ultrasound she was 4 pounds. I have another ultrasound at 34 weeks, curious to see how big she will be then!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    At 31 weeks my baby was just over 4 pounds. I'm always measuring big at the doctors.
  • Options
    @kareik01  - I have always gotten approx weights from U/S's

@MorseBrooks, how many ultrasounds have you had?

My last one was at probably 25 weeks and all they said was "nice size".  No percentile, approximate weight or anything. I always enjoy hearing those things when other people are talking about their pregnancies. And they didn't mention that I'd have another ultrasound before the end of pregnancy :(

• Options
    I would love it if the ladies who are having growth ultrasounds come back once their LOs are born and tell us how accurate they ended up being. I have heard various statistics on ultrasound size estimate accuracy, and I think it would be neat to see how it worked for this group.
  • Options
    My first baby was 8lbs 7.5 oz.

Doc is guesstimating WeeNut at 8.5 lbs.

I'll come back and post true weight.  :)  I'm dying to know how close of a guess it is myself.  :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• Options
    BeachMBeachM member
    I've been measuring ahead the past 2 appointments so the OB's office is calling me tomorrow to schedule a growth ultrasound. I feel like this one is super long, so we'll see. At my appointment today the OB said she wants to check fluid levels on the ultrasound.

For what it's worth I was constantly told how big I was and how far ahead I was measuring with DS1. That practice did not do a growth ultrasound and he was 8lbs 0.7oz at 40 weeks 1 day. So not exactly an OMG GIANT BABY like they predicted.

I am short with a short torso. There is nowhere for baby to go but out so I'm not worried. I am glad they are being proactive just to make sure everything is good though.

• Options
    I would love it if the ladies who are having growth ultrasounds come back once their LOs are born and tell us how accurate they ended up being. I have heard various statistics on ultrasound size estimate accuracy, and I think it would be neat to see how it worked for this group.
    I agree & I will try to remember to do this! :)

• Options
    My LO was measuring in the 48 percentile except for his head.  His head was measuring almost 2 weeks ahead!  apparently both my husband and his brother has big heads, awesome!
    Aug' 14 July siggy challenge - Motivational Speaking For Momsimage

• Options
    Yes, giant bebe here. At 31 weeks, u/s confirmed a continued high growth rate and baby was 5lb6oz then, so now likely 6.5 lb! Over 100th percentile at every scan and measuring several weeks in fundal height ahead. I'm not concerned only due to scheduled C..... But wow! It hurts to move a lot ;)
  • Options
    I have no clue! I've measured right on track the whole time, but I have a long torso so I don't take it too serious.... I just think he's gonna be on the big side because both me and DH were over 9 pounds
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My last ultrasound at 25 weeks she weighed 1lb 10oz. I'm guessing she's about gonna be under 8lbs. But who knows. I was 5lbs 4 oz and BF was 8lb 12oz. Both full term. I have another ultrasound at 36 weeks so I'll know more then.
  • Options
    I don't put a whole lot of weight into growth scans and doctor guesses. I was estimated to be 8-9 lbs and wasn't even 6lbs. The same for my brother. They guessed  DD to be about 7lbs and she was 8lbs 3 ozs.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Last week mid week 33 we were at 5.5 lbs. Doc said baby was 92 percentile and she expected an 8-9lb baby. I guess we'll see.
  • Options
    Meh, they can be off a couple pounds in either direction so I wouldn't worry/ put too much stock in a weight !

• Options
    con07scon07s member
    I love chubby babies!!! :D our boy measured in 92nd percentile at 27 weeks, weight estimated at slightly over 4 lbs. so it sounds like I'm growing a big boy :) my doctor is guessing at least 10 lbs at birth if he waits it out in there. I will have another ultrasound at 34 weeks (currently 32) and cannot wait to see my little ham again :D she did also say though that weight measurement can be off 1-2 lbs during an ultrasound. So I'm trying not to get too hyped up about it but by the size of my husband and our birth weights, we may have a big boy :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"