September 2012 Moms
Options

Weekend highs and lows

Good morning and happy last day of June, ladies! I feel like we are finally officially into summer here. It's warm, sunny and the weekends are starting to get jam-packed with stuff going on. This past one was busy, with some ups and downs, but mostly positive.

Lows: BIL's dad died Thursday, and they're in the process of moving, so we've been helping them with some stuff, and it's just a sad time bc he lost his mom a year ago. Also, DS caught DH's strep throat, and we were at urgent care on Saturday to diagnose it.

Highs: Despite being sick, DS bounced back remarkably fast, and was playing and chatting as usual. DH and I got a TON of stuff done at our own house, in addition to helping BIL and SIL. The weather was pretty much perfect, and the kids loved the new Target pool bc they actually have room to play, unlike our old one. DH grilled delicious food both days, I got a 10-mile run in and I finally hauled some of my old clothes to a consignment store that pays on the spot, and I made $104! Score.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekend highs and lows

• Options
    @LyndseylovesHugh - the nursery came out great! Absolutely adorable.

Highs: I had a FABULOUS weekend, overall. We had an amazing day at the beach on Saturday with DD and her godmother. Yesterday my whole family took a ride out to see the new house and we had a picnic lunch on the dining room floor because we aren't moving in for a few more weeks. It was so much fun, and really nice that they're finally being supportive after giving me such a hard time about moving "so far away" (50 minutes). 

Lows: DH and I had a huge fight this morning. It's already blown over, but it kind of put a damper on my great mood. And I'm trying REALLY hard to bite my tongue because the man who promised me he would handle all the packing hasn't filled one box yet. T minus 3 weeks and counting until the movers show up...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    High: It was my birthday on Saturday and I had a great day! We went out to breakfast and then to the pool for a couple hours. After a nap, we went out to dinner and to the mall. Yesterday I celebrated at lunch with my dad and dinner with my mom and brothers.

Low: I have some sort of summer cold.
    It arrived on Wednesday and doesn't seem to be getting better. Blah.
  • Options

Highs: spent time at my parent's cabin with them and my sisters, nieces and some of my cousins. It was hot and sunny!

Lows: came home to torrential downpour, windy and cold, miserable weather.

• Options

Highs: My GMom was in town and we had a great weekend. Yesterday we dropped her at the train station in the morning and we had the rest of the day to ourselves. L spent a lareg portion of if going down her slide into the pool - on repeat.

Lows: L fell asleep in the car and I lost track of time. We stopped into a local restaurant to pick up lunch after 1. When I told L we had to wait for the food to cook she started an epic meltdown that resulted in me running into Starbuck's and buying everything for her. She had a yogurt, a pouch, a packet of dried fruit, and we split a muffin. Needless to say, she didn't really eat her lunch after that!

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    KisstyKissty member
    Overall a good weekend. My weekends start on Fridays since I'm off. @melody921‌ I will say a little prayer for your BIL and their family. @LyndseylovesHugh‌ yay for getting everything ready (wish I could see the pics) LOWS: DS is fighting a commom cold that DH brought home. Now that he and I are getting better he's getting snotty. It rained ALL day Saturday. There was a lot of staring out the door by LO. Our friend's were supposed to come visit on Friday but something came up. HIGHS: DS is just about over his cold already. Our friends made it on Sunday and left their 3 boys (16, 11 & 5) to stay with us for the week. I feel outnumbered here. It's great having a house full of kids!

imageimage 

• Options
    High was taking the kids to the farm yesterday.  We had a really great time picking blueberries, feeding goats, eating ice cream and playing on the playground equipment.

Low was actually when I got here to work this morning and got word that my favorite client passed away.  I just saw her on Friday and she seemed in good spirits.  I may have ugly cried at work.
  • Options

All high's at our house:

Friday we had date night and B slept at my parents house.

Saturday we had breakfast just the 2 of us then got B, headed to Menards for a few things and then headed to DH's company picnic. It was a lot of fun. B went down for a nap and H went back to Menards for a bunch of rock and top soil. We got all of that put down and then had pizza from a great place in town.

Sunday was a lazy outside day. DS slept in so we did too. We played out in the water tables and new sprinkler. Then we grilled out for dinner and went and got ice cream.

This was kind of our 4th of Juy weekend because DH works all weekend midnights. Bummer!

• Options
    Eastie156Eastie156 member
    edited June 2014

@Melody921, I'm sorry to hear about your BIL's loss. It's great you are helping him out during this time, I'm sure he'll look back on it with great appreciation.

@LyndseylovesHugh I love the nursery!

Highs: We spent the wknd in at our IL's while H played in a golf tournament. Golf has recently become a sticking point in our relationship, since it seems like I pick up a lot of slack when H plays, which happens often since we belong to a club that his parents belong to. He was really great about it this weekend  and helped a lot with E.

I'm really proud of him for something else... He quit dipping!! It's the most disgusting habit ever and he's been struggling with it. It goes back to his college days of playing baseball and dipping. He's been dip-free for 5 days and I know he's having a tough time. His mood has improved so much and it's really affecting our relationship in a positive way since he quit.

Lows: We still haven't heard about the house financing. BofA is taking it's sweet time and it's driving me nutty. They keep asking for a different document every day, even though we sent them everything they asked for up front.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    High: It was my birthday on Saturday and I had a great day! We went out to breakfast and then to the pool for a couple hours. After a nap, we went out to dinner and to the mall. Yesterday I celebrated at lunch with my dad and dinner with my mom and brothers. Low: I have some sort of summer cold. It arrived on Wednesday and doesn't seem to be getting better. Blah.
    Happy belated birthday!

• Options
    High was taking the kids to the farm yesterday.  We had a really great time picking blueberries, feeding goats, eating ice cream and playing on the playground equipment.

Low was actually when I got here to work this morning and got word that my favorite client passed away.  I just saw her on Friday and she seemed in good spirits.  I may have ugly cried at work.
    Aww, that sucks. I'm sorry about your client.

• Options
    Highs:  A great weekend.  Date night to dinner and see my favorite comedian Sebastian Maniscalco on Saturday - we had 5th row center and they were filming the special for Showtime!  I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt!  I also got a lot done this weekend in prep for our big 4th of July open house.

Lows:  I think the kids have colds and I probably shouldn't have let them play in the water all day yesterday.  Mom fail.  Also, DH and I had so much fun Saturday night and were up until 1:45am (got home close to 1am) Saturday - and the kids woke at 6 Sunday morning so yesterday was a little rough going on 4 hours sleep!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    High: It was my birthday on Saturday and I had a great day! We went out to breakfast and then to the pool for a couple hours. After a nap, we went out to dinner and to the mall. Yesterday I celebrated at lunch with my dad and dinner with my mom and brothers. Low: I have some sort of summer cold. It arrived on Wednesday and doesn't seem to be getting better. Blah.
    Happy belated birthday @MRoxy0628 !

• Options

Sorry your client passed @BeebopandBuddy ((hugs))

• Options
    MomtobeNJ said:
    @LyndseylovesHugh - the nursery came out great! Absolutely adorable.

Highs: I had a FABULOUS weekend, overall. We had an amazing day at the beach on Saturday with DD and her godmother. Yesterday my whole family took a ride out to see the new house and we had a picnic lunch on the dining room floor because we aren't moving in for a few more weeks. It was so much fun, and really nice that they're finally being supportive after giving me such a hard time about moving "so far away" (50 minutes). 

Lows: DH and I had a huge fight this morning. It's already blown over, but it kind of put a damper on my great mood. And I'm trying REALLY hard to bite my tongue because the man who promised me he would handle all the packing hasn't filled one box yet. T minus 3 weeks and counting until the movers show up...
    I'm going to kill H if I have to do this myself...
    ;)

• Options
    Sorry about your BIL's Dad @melody921 and sorry to hear about your client @beebopandbuddy.  :(  

@momtobeNJ - My DH is awful about packing.  In the million boxes we packed up to move, he probably packed 5.  In our case though, he made no promises to pack anything and I know him well enough (we've moved together 5 times) to know he wasn't going to pack.  He hates it.  I actually also hate it when he packs because he's nowhere near as organized about it as I am.  I'd be annoyed if he told me he'd help and didn't though.

Weekend High: So many highs!  The weather was warm, the kids were a lot of fun and we spent so much time outside, laughing and playing.  We weren't in a hurry to get anywhere and were able to go with the flow.

Low: That it ended.  Honestly, it was one of those weekends where I just want to stay and hang out with my kids everyday.  Of course we had our moments, the typical, "I don't want to come inside to eat dinner" tantrums, but they were mild in the grand scheme of things.  

I'm so happy for our 3 day week!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    Highs-DH & I had an event downtown Chicago and getting away just the two of us was fun! We also got to meet my friend's 8 week old baby. And we finally told all of our immediate family & some friends about this pregnancy.

Lows-DH has a busy week at work. Because of our out of town weekend & some social events while we were IN town, the house is a mess and I need to muster some energy to pick up & clean. And go to the grocery store. And do laundry. And some other random things on the To Do list.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Mobile is not letting me tag everyone that said nice things about the nursery, but thank you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm sorry to hear about your client! Hugs!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    high: going flower girl dress shopping for DD & going out to dinner kid free with MH!

Low: going to a baby shower where I knew virtually no one & just so happened to forget my phone at home, so I couldn't even putz around on it to kill time. My MIL was supposed to come, but she didn't get there till it was practically over. It sucked!!!

@beebopandbuddy & @melody921 I'm so sorry =(

• Options
    HIGH - Emma went to her first sleepover party!!!!!

LOW - Emma went to her first sleepover party! She's a big kid now and I'm sad.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    @melody921 and @beebopandbuddy Very sorry to hear about your losses.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"