Baby Showers

Shower postponed.

My mom and sister in law were planning on throwing me a shower this weekend but unfortunately (yet fortunately for her) my other sister in law just had her 2nd child so plans for my shower are now up in the air. I feel selfish to be sad about this so wondering if it's socially acceptable to just throw my own, what do you think?

Re: Shower postponed.

• No, I specifically asked if the shower was confirmed for this weekend and was told, no it is not.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah you're right I'll just wait it out. No my mother is helping out SIL right now b/c of new baby so not much time to plan for my shower apparently. I agree that it should have no impact and as my husband tells me I should be gracious to get one but still trying not to be bitter...
  • Darbie914 said:
    Yeah you're right I'll just wait it out. No my mother is helping out SIL right now b/c of new baby so not much time to plan for my shower apparently. I agree that it should have no impact and as my husband tells me I should be gracious to get one but still trying not to be bitter...
    I still don't understand, though.  If the shower is this weekend, how much more planning could there possibly be?  Didn't you say that your SIL is also hosting?  I don't see why she can't pick up the slack while your mother is helping the other SIL.

While your DH is correct in saying that you should be grateful that you're getting a shower, it is very hurtful that the shower is postponed because SIL had a baby.  I don't see how one correlates to the other.  Does SIL need so much help that she can't be alone with her child for a few hours during the shower?  This is pretty shitty of them and I don't blame you for feeling hurt and upset.  

Also, what about the people that were invited?  

So many questions.
  • Oops lol... yeah not sure about the answers either since everything was planned w/o me...makes me wonder if invites were even sent out b/c just checked and my registry is still full. SIL has always been needy and the type to take advantage so not surprised at this point...I never ask for help and yet I'm the "selfish" one in the fam *sigh*
  • OP-- where is/ was the shower being held?  Can you just ask your mom directly about the plans?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• SaratiffSaratiff member
    edited June 2014

You cannot throw your own shower...but the circumstances are a little weird. I cannot understand why the shower comes to a halt the week of because your SIL had her baby. I am sorry this is happening to you 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yeah, I'm wikkid confused about this one, too.  If it was planned for this weekend, invites should be out with an RSVP list.  If its at a hall or restaurant, there was probably a deposit given to reserve room.  Why would SIL pick a party date so close to her due date (unless she's super early?)

It sounds like someone fell asleep whilst planning your shower but there really isn't anything you can do about it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SaratiffSaratiff member
    edited July 2014
    @heartbot I just love your June Siggy Meme, I cannot stop looking at it  =))

edit: words are hard 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"