Formula Feeding

Intro!

edited July 2014 in Formula Feeding
My DS was born 6/18 and I have been struggling with low supply. He got jaundice pretty bad at about 4 days old and spent 3 days on a bili light at home. I was prescribed Reglan, and have been taking fenugreek and blessed thistle - which amounts to 19 pills a day. I tried exclusively pumping every 3 hours for 30 minutes and it's a "good session" if I get a combined 30 ml. The fenugreek and/or blessed thistle gave me severe intestinal distress and diarrhea so I discontinued it. I wanted so badly to EBF, but it just wasn't in the cards for me. I have made peace with the fact after many tears. I am currently feeding Baby's Only organic formula and so far there are no issues with spit up or constipation. I am waiting on an order of HiPP formula from the UK so will soon test that out. It is milk-based, as opposed to the formula I currently use which is based on brown rice syrup. I'm so glad to have found this board - it seems like it will be a great place for support. Society is pretty harsh on non-BFers, isn't it? I look forward to connecting with you all!

Re: Intro!

• I don't really think society as a whole is; it's just that those who are so anti-formula are very, very loud. I think the majority of people truly don't care how you are feeding your child as long s/he is getting enough age appropriate food.

True - good point!
  • jjvajjva member
    Welcome @squirmyandsqueaky! I love your name. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • umma4babesumma4babes member
    edited July 2014
    Welcome! I also had trouble with supply. DD started out with Gerber but now she's on Holle organic and Hipp organic night time milk. She loves it! Waiting for shipment is a pain but worth it. She didn't really have a digestive problem before, but certain formula gives her gas pain and she spit up a lot in the morning. On Holle and Hipp, she's just super happy - no spit ups or constipation!

• Welcome, I started out breastfeeding as well. It didn't work out and I've made peace with that. I agree that it is those who are anti-formula are very vocal about it.
    Welcome! I'm sorry your plans didn't work out. Your story sounds very similar to mine.

I don't really think society as a whole is; it's just that those who are so anti-formula are very, very loud. I think the majority of people truly don't care how you are feeding your child as long s/he is getting enough age appropriate food.

Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

• edited July 2014
    Can't wait for my order of Hipp to get here... constipation is setting in with the Baby's Only formula. :(
    Welcome! I also had trouble with supply. DD started out with Gerber but now she's on Holle organic and Hipp organic night time milk. She loves it! Waiting for shipment is a pain but worth it. She didn't really have a digestive problem before, but certain formula gives her gas pain and she spit up a lot in the morning. On Holle and Hipp, she's just super happy - no spit ups or constipation!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"