October 2014 Moms
Options

Baby is born, last update for awhile @daniw1984

13»

Re: Baby is born, last update for awhile @daniw1984

• Options
    Brought tears to my eyes. Will keep praying for you and your family.. Bless you have a lovely heart stay strong mama xox. Sounds like a perfect baby boy :)
  • Options
    Congratulations on your baby boy!  I am so incredibly happy he arrived safely and you are both apparently doing well.  I hope the weeks ahead are as bump-free as possible and your little guy continues to show what a fighter he is!
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eastie156Eastie156 member
    edited June 2014
    DaniW1984 said:
    First off, thank you from the bottom of my heart and to the moon and back (yes I love that book) - to all of you for your support, encouragement, and helping prayers and thoughts. It all means so so much and that you are all strangers, just makes this world feel like a better, brighter place. Remember how I said we were team green- until we found out during our several (6 ultrasounds in 12 days) that we had a girl? Well, I had an emergency c section on Thursday June 26 and - we had a BOY!!!! So we got our surprise after all. I'm still in shock. The moment they told me, even with a frozen torso and legs, I had chills all the way from my nose to my toes. So what's our little guy like? Well, He weighs 1.1 lbs and has a massive head (thankfully he prioritized nutrients to brain) and smaller, but proportionate body and legs. He was born at 25 weeks, 3 days and 19 hours 11 minutes. The c section happened quickly because all the teams on neonatal, obstetrics, and maternal fetal medicine decided it must be then. I was worsening, and so was our baby. So a couple things to leave you with as I may not check in for awhile (still in hospital and I am pumping every 3 hours (only colostrum so far but hopeful my milk will come in!) and we visit our baby a lot in NICU. Plus, c section recovery is exhausting - classical c section even more so. Simply, I'm tired. And only our close family and friends know about any of this as its too emotionally tough to get into. So we have that to do too. Tell the world. Ugh.So much to think about. Where was I? Momma brain already. Things to leave you with: Please please PLEASE be aware of your Blood pressures. My prenatal appointments were 4 weeks apart and that was enough time to have my BP skyrocket up and (obv) wreak havoc. Please visit preeclampsia.org to understand the warning signs (unless you are the type to symptomize yourself on webmd- then don't). But discuss your risk with your Dr, and do so frequently. I've met so many women now who have had pre e or HELLP and it usually shows itself around 28+ weeks. Stay informed my lovelies. If you have had an a/s and they said girl- I wouldn't overdo the girly purchases. !!! We obviously didn't but I can tell you - we had 12 NICU team members and entire surgical team all perplexed when the pulled our little boy from within me. We have been the talk of postpartum. His penis is a stuck to his leg (easy fix and common) so was 'hiding' - doesn't happen very often but I still think you should be aware. Our ultrasounds also showed disproportionately small long bones (but with no fracturing and looked like healthy bones just very small). Our son does not have small bones, and as is said, looks proportionate. Genetics confirmed it today that he does not have 'short long bones'. Sigh. We were expecting a very short girl and got a (likely tall - I'm 5'7 and hubby is 6'4) boy. Crazy world. So my point is don't be too worried or hard on yourself if something had been weird or unusual in ultrasounds or testing regarding baby. From a now mother to a pregnant friend - really savour and enjoy every moment of being pregnant, as you don't know what's in the future. ❤ We are leaning to live so much in the present and I can tell you life is way better this way. Our little boy has some lights on him due to jaundice right now, but his lungs and heartbeat have been strong. We've both touched him and I can tell you - he's definitely human and definitely our new love. Thank you again for EVERYthing my bumpies. I won't forget the kindness a special group of strangers have shown us. Wishing you all so much present day happiness, gratitude and love that no matter what the future holds for you - you are okay. xxx

@DaniW1984 Congrats momma! All of my thoughts and prayers are with you and that sweet little boy. All the best. I'm hoping and praying for your family.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    Congrats on your sweet baby boy!  Praying that he continues to grow big and strong.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"