Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY

During the day you...?

At night you're a superhero, who are you?

Your most favorite recent recipe? 

Favorite alcoholic beverage? 

Re: GTKY

• During the day you...?

I am an L&D nurse. I like my job, but am looking for a daytime position somewhere.

I’m Nurse Ratched. Just kidding, I’d like to think I’d like to think I’m Catwoman slinking from room to room in the dark, warding off bad fetal heart tones and other emergencies. 

MINT SAUCE

1 cup fresh mint leaves

½ cup fresh parsley leaves

4 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped

1 serrano chile, seeds removed and roughly chopped

1 tablespoon honey

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

½ cup extra-virgin olive oil

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.

PREPARATION

Put the mint, parsley, garlic and serrano into a food processor, and pulse into a paste. Add the honey and mustard, and pulse again, until combined. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil until the mixture has become emulsified. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, and if necessary, whisk in a few tablespoons of water to thin the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

*This is so freaking good. I'm putting it on all the veges and chicken this week. 

I just planted chocolate and mojito mint in a few planters, and am REALLY excited. I’m a mojito and wine girl. J

• During the day you...?  Massage Therapist

At night you're a superhero, who are you?  Cat Woman

Your most favorite recent recipe?  Corned beef brisket

Favorite alcoholic beverage?  Lately it's been lambic, or any sweet beers

• Loading the player...
  • During the day you...? Work from home for a MLM company

At night you're a superhero, who are you? Wonder Woman

Your most favorite recent recipe? Vegan Chili from Epicurious 

Favorite alcoholic beverage? I love RumChata with Fireball 
    Married 3/5/10
    Started TTC Baby #1 6/2014
    BFP #1 7/27/2014 
    EDD 4/3/2014
    IT'S A GIRL! 10/16/14
    Team Pink!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited June 2014
    During the day, I'm a part-time composition professor and SAHM.

At night, while a superhero, I'm Jean Grey. I can get into anyone's mind and do some damage if needed.

My most favorite recent recipe is lentil, cheese, mushroom loaf. It's the vegetarian meatloaf.

My favorite alcoholic beverage would have to be a glass of petit syrah.

(Edited to add my full-time job.)

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• During the day: call center representative

At night, you're a superhero: ugh, tough one. I'd say Wonder Woman.

Favorite recent recipe: homemade Caesar dressing. I literally put that sh*t on everything.

Fav. alcoholic beverage: Anything that isn't rum :)
  • During the day you...?
    Run a tattoo shop.

More like supervillain. I'd be Poison Ivy.

I have a recipe for this delicious spicy, brown sugar glaze that I put on grilled corn. It's pretty amazing.

I'm not a big drinker but I do like a good sangria.
    TTC #1 since 8/2013
    DX: Unexplained infertility 11/2014
    Hysteroscopy, D&C 11/17/14
  • @URMySunshine77‌ Vegetarian meatloaf? You're speaking my language! I used to make my own version but haven't done it in years.
    TTC #1 since 8/2013
    DX: Unexplained infertility 11/2014
    Hysteroscopy, D&C 11/17/14
  • During the day you...? Do taxes and help people give-up US citizenship. I consider myself a day-time superhero as Arthur from The Tick (my avatar).

At night you're a superhero, who are you? Rogue

Your most favorite recent recipe? Ricotta Italian Cheesecake

Favorite alcoholic beverage? So many. Lately I'm on a Guinness kick. I also enjoy a Pimm's Cup. I live in France, so lots of wine. And margaritas are always a good idea. It's 11am and I'm at work and now I want a drink. Damn.
    J'15 January Signature Challenge: Pinterest Fail: I want to do one, but I was late in starting and now I'm too lazy to get in on it. This is how most of my pinterest fails normally occur, at least I didnt buy supplies.

TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1 09/25/2014 EDD 6/4/2015

BabyFetus Ticker
    imageimage
  • During the day you...? Try to control chaos and make things pretty

At night you're a superhero, who are you? Black Widow

Your most favorite recent recipe? I perfected my chocolate chip cookies. Yum!

Favorite alcoholic beverage? Wine. White. Lots.
  • During the day you...? I'm a full-time nanny.

At night you're super hero, who are you? Rogue

Your most favorite recent recipe? Portabella kale stroganoff.

Favorite alcoholic beverage? It changes with the season. In summer: southern comfort on the rocks.
    TTC #1: May 2014

My Chart
  • lizzyp9112lizzyp9112 member
    edited June 2014
    During the day you...? Babysit adults.  I'm a contracts manager so I have to make sure they do their work on time and handle hiring, firing, and troubleshooting.

At night you're super hero, who are you? Radiant Nightbird.  A friend and I created her a few years ago- her outfit includes green leg warmers and her super powers are flying and a brain that's pretty damn brilliant.  Also, she lives in a swiss chalet with an air hockey table which makes me even more great.

Your most favorite recent recipe? DH and I love homemade turkey manwich- just cook ground turkey and then add a sauce made of ketchup, ground mustard, and brown sugar.  I don't even measure anymore, just season to taste.  I always add in garlic powder and other seasonings as well.  It's healthy and delicious, plus makes for a really quick dinner.  I love having turkey manwich on a baked potato but DH prefers onion rolls.

Favorite alcoholic beverage? I like liquor.  Usually I am a vodka girl but I got grapefruit tangerine margarita mix (with tequila already in it) so that has been my go-to lately.  Otherwise, whipped cream vodka with either orange juice and fresca, or with coke.

Married 9-1-12 (On Depo until 4-12)        Me- 33, DH- 36
    NTNP starting 9-12, Actively TTC since 9-13
    My DX- Hypothyroidism.  Prescribed Synthroid
    DH's DX- Severe MFI- first SA results: 1.3 mill (1.2 mill motile), 21.6% motility, 2% morphology
    Blood test revealed low testosterone so DH was prescribed Clomid.  Repeat blood test and SA in November.

• During the day you...?
    I work in sales.
    Hmmm I think being Black Widow would be cool :)
    Kung Pao Chicken! I made it last night for H's lunch this week.
    Strawberry Daiquiris. I know, really girly but they are so good!
    ~Married 12.09.12~
    ~NTNP #1 since 11.14 - Current Cycle: 2~
    imageimage

• During the day you...? SAHM

At night you're a superhero, who are you? Fucking wonder woman.

Your most favorite recent recipe? Food networks animal burgers

Favorite alcoholic beverage? Coconut rum and orange juice.

Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married 11/12/11
    BFP 12/17/11
    DS 8/29/12 via C-section
    TFAS 3/2014
    BFP #2 5/25/15 EDD 2/4/2016
    It's a BOY!
  • During the day you...? depends on the time of year. August - May I teach teenagers, lol. June and July I coach cheerleading.

At night you're a superhero, who are you? Super Sleepy Woman.

Your most favorite recent recipe? hmmmm I don't have one.

Favorite alcoholic beverage? vanilla vodka and coke.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10 (born August 2004)
    Married 03/01/14
    TTC#2
    BFP: 05/17/2014 EDD: 1/25/15 MMC: 06/30/2014
    BFP: 01/31/15 MMC: 02/25/15 

• During the day you...? Edit research manuscripts...riveting.

At night you're a superhero, who are you? Catwoman fo sho.

Your most favorite recent recipe?  White Chicken Enchiladas...made famous on Pinterest.

Favorite alcoholic beverage? Currently, Moscato.
    Anniversary
  • During the day you...? A Speech Language Pathologist.

At night you're a superhero, who are you? Can I say Sookie, from True Blood? Fairy Superhero??

Your most favorite recent recipe? I'm on a smoothie kick, right now almond milk, almond butter, cacao chips, spinach, and banana. Nom Nom.

Favorite alcoholic beverage? @littleliverpill, second the Malbec, although I also love a good Bordeaux! Tequila is reserved for serious drinking only.

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimage
  • During the day you...? - Marketing

At night you're a superhero, who are you? - I'm not a superhero, just a stage manager.

Your most favorite recent recipe? - One Pot Baked Ziti, found it on Pinterest. Even my picky DH likes it!

Favorite alcoholic beverage? - Hard cider (Strongbow, Angry Orchard, whatever). The Shocktop Honeycrisp Apple Wheat is also really tasty.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.
    Follow your heart, kid, and you'll never go wrong."
    ~The Sandlot

TTGP January Signature Challenge: Workout Fails
    The Simpsons

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • During the day you...?
    Clean and look after my son (which involves an awful lot of running.)

The Invisible Woman.

Lamb Kabobs (with tomato, cucumber, and mint) from Cooking Light.  

Toss up.  Mojitos are my my favorite mixed beverage, Dragon's Milk is my favorite beer, and Sangue di Guida is my favorite wine (it's a sweet, slightly sparkling red.)
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • During the day you... teach but for July I plan on doing a lot of house stuff.

At night you are a superhero, who are you? Catwoman! I already have a costume ;)

Your most fav recent recipe? A new sangria with red Zinfandel

Favorite alcoholic beverage? Um, all alcohol except bourbon/whiskey. Probably a red sangria is my favorite.
    ***********siggy warning **********

Me: 26 DH: 27
    TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013
    Cycle 1: O CD 25=bfn
    Cycle 2: O CD 48=bfn
    Cycle 3: Anovulatory/Provera =120 days!
    Cycle 4: Anovulatory/Prometrium=127 days! RE consult 6/16
    Me: Anov/poss. pcos?  HSG=normal/SA= Normal 
    July/Aug. 2014= Femara+trigger+TI=BFP!!
    Beta #1@ 16dpo=626!! Beta #2=1510
    Ultrasound @ 5w6d=heartbeat at 110!
    Ultrasound @ 6w6d =heartbeat at 131!

Pregnancy Ticker

• During the day you...? Teach first grade. Next year I'll be teaching Kindergarten. At night you're a superhero, who are you? Storm. There's a few people I'd love to zap the hell out of. Your most favorite recent recipe? Definitely the chocolate soufflé with dark chocolate sauce. OMG, it was ah-freakin-mazing. Favorite alcoholic beverage? Toss up between a good beer (St. Arnolds is my favorite brewery) and a good red wine.
    DH: 28 Me: 30~TTC #2 since June 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1: 8/22/2014~EDD: 5/5/2015~CP: 8/29/2014
    BFP #2: 12/27/2014~EDD: 9/9/2015

September 2015 Siggy challenge: Happy dance
  • During the day you...?
    I was a clinical social worker but when we moved out of state my license didn't transfer. Now I am a stay at home wife.  

Wonder woman-at least that what H says. 

Texas trash DipPin It

Texas Trash Dip 

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1 cup sour cream
    2 cans (16 ounces, each) refried beans
    1 packet taco seasoning
    2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
    2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
    DIRECTIONS:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl. Mix in refried beans until combined. Stir in taco seasoning. (I put this in my food processor to make it easier on myself)
    Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray. Spread mixture evenly into the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with both cheeses. 
    Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese in melted and slightly browned. Serve with tortilla chips.

Anything sweet/fruity...like when a restaurant has a punch or house specialty. 

Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sjpmcfmd Can you post the recipe for that, because it sounds amazing!

@cateyes55413  I'm in the same relocated housewife boat as you! Are you planning to go back to work?

During the day you...?
    Was a lawyer, but moved out of state and now need to take the bar exam. 

Super Eater, consumer of all things carb and sugar.

Lemon Feta Chicken with Oregano, from my absolute favorite site ever. 

Patron Margarita

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow all of these recipes sound amazing! Definitely copying some over to my recipe file to try. And the drinks- I'm enjoying looking some of the more interesting ones up. Yum!
  • @newlysouthern-I have been debating on it. I have a masters and don't want to see if go to waste but I may go back to school to get something that's more flexible, so if we ever have kids, I could stay at home mainly with them. I was thinking of doing medical billing and coding as it is usually part time and many times can be done from home. Life is in some limbo right now while TTC. 
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cateyes55413 - that sounds like a great plan. It would be nice to have more flexibility with a part time schedule. I completely understand about being in limbo. I'm taking the bar again to have the option of going back to work but would REALLY rather get KTFU and stay home for a while instead :) 

But I guess everyone's in limbo to some extent while TTC!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • During the day you...?
    - Hang out with my kids all day, usually watching them demolish every single thing I try to clean :)

- I'm Super Lack of Sleep Lady. Seriously, I need to work in getting to bed earlier. 

-Spicy Sausage Pasta. I'll post a link, because I'm too lazy to type it all out :)  https://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/spicy-sausage-pasta.html

- I've been really into Bloody Marys lately. And I'm always down for beer or wine!
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• During the day you...? 
     camera operator for a news helicopter and real estate agent.
    Super Mom- she has the ability to run errands, work out, make dinner, clean up, pack lunches, put the kid to bed and have sex with her husband in 4 hours.  
     Grilled eggplant paninis with fresh mozzarella cheese and pesto.  Having it tonight.  Noms.  
    Tequila and sprite.  It's like a margarita, but not as filling.  You're welcome.  

Monster #1- Hunter Fillmore! 10.1.11
     MC 3.20.14 -- 8w3d
    MC 7.11.14-- 5w4d
    Monsterette #2- EDD  5.9.15

• During the day you...?  Currently an Accounting Assistant - just interviewed for a Payroll Technician though (same company, different department with better pay)

At night you're a superhero, who are you? Wonder Woman!

Your most favorite recent recipe?  DH is the cook and he made a really good pasta dish the other night

Favorite alcoholic beverage? I'm loving the Raspberry Shock Tops.
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • During the day you...?
    I'm a teacher by trade, so right now I'm spending an inordinate amount of time on TB.  I'm also doing the occasional load of laundry, pinterest surfing for classroom goodies, taking a few bike rides, and generally lounging around and enjoying my summer. 

Meh - I don't have a good one for this. 

Banana / carrot bran muffins. Ooo, they're so stinkin' delicious. 
    Dry: 1c flour, 1c oat bran, 3/4 c brown sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, generous sprinkle of nutmeg. 
    Wet: 3 ripe bananas, 2 eggs, 1 stick butter, 2 tsp vanilla, 1 carrot (I just throw all the wet ingredients into a food processor - quick and easy)
    Grease: coat the muffin tins well (or use those little paper liners)
    Heat: 375' for 25 minutes 

Salted margaritas!  Mmm, yum!

Trying to Conceive Ticker
    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul..."
  • My most favorite recent recipe is lentil, cheese, mushroom loaf. It's the vegetarian meatloaf.

That sounds great. I'm a vegetarian and would love to have it, if you would share the recipe.  :)

Trying to Conceive Ticker
    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul..."
  • During the day you...?
    I'm a health scientist.

Would like to be Wonder Woman, but am probably more Extremely Lazy Woman.

Martha Stewart vegetarian enchiladas. Am mobile and don't have the link, but you can probably google them. They are really yummy, and I'm not even a vegetarian!

Hmm... Mojitos or piña coladas!

image  image

TTC #1 May 2014

BFP 7/4/14 ~ EDD 3/17/15

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @MamaZEsquire - I wish! In order to get reciprocity here you need 5 years of practice under your belt and I'm just short of that. Thankfully my husband's company is covering the cost of the bar and the review course as part of his relocation benefits. Studying is still pretty miserable though! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • During the day you...?Currently I'm supervisor but beginning August I will be teaching

At night you're a superhero, who are you? Elastigirl (from the incredibles) With my two boys I have to be able to be in so many places at once.

Your most favorite recent recipe? Mexican Casserole - 6.5 Weight Watcher Points

Favorite alcoholic beverage? Moscato  and 1800 pineapple

• @newlysouthern I love the one from this site: https://stickygooeycreamychewy.com/2011/02/20/la-tavola-della-mia-famiglia-italian-ricotta-cheesecake-recipe/ . Italian cheesecake has a very different flavor and texture from New York style, but if you like ricotta desserts you'll like this and it's not too sweet.

I make whatever kind of cookie crust I have, if I'm feeling motivated. And I dont have the orange flower water, I just either add orange peel or go all lemony. But the draining the ricotta step is worth doing. Once you get the hang of the recipe, it's quick and easy.
    J'15 January Signature Challenge: Pinterest Fail: I want to do one, but I was late in starting and now I'm too lazy to get in on it. This is how most of my pinterest fails normally occur, at least I didnt buy supplies.

TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1 09/25/2014 EDD 6/4/2015

BabyFetus Ticker
    imageimage
  • EIsieMae said:

-Spicy Sausage Pasta. I'll post a link, because I'm too lazy to type it all out :)  https://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/spicy-sausage-pasta.html

@ElsieMae I've made that recipe many times and it is delicious!
  • sjpmcfmd said:
    @newlysouthern I love the one from this site: https://stickygooeycreamychewy.com/2011/02/20/la-tavola-della-mia-famiglia-italian-ricotta-cheesecake-recipe/ . Italian cheesecake has a very different flavor and texture from New York style, but if you like ricotta desserts you'll like this and it's not too sweet.

I make whatever kind of cookie crust I have, if I'm feeling motivated. And I dont have the orange flower water, I just either add orange peel or go all lemony. But the draining the ricotta step is worth doing. Once you get the hang of the recipe, it's quick and easy.
    Thank you so much for posting!! That looks incredible :) I might have to make that this weekend.

P.S. ...this is terrible but when I first read the name of the website my mind immediately went to CM. Ugh. #TTCproblems

BabyFruit Ticker
  • During the day you...?  sales support analyst

At night you're a superhero, who are you?  I wish I was wonder woman

Your most favorite recent recipe?   My favorite new recipe this year has been a chicken noodle soup.  There are a ton of steps and it takes a good amount of time to make it, but it is seriously delicious.  I didn't even consider myself a chicken noodle fan until this recipe.  You put white wine, fresh parmesan, and cream in this soup.  That's what makes is so yummy.  Link below.

Ingredients:

• 4 chicken legs with backs attached
    • 4 boxes (32 oz. box) of low sodium chicken stock (organic if possible)
    • 2 onions, peeled and diced
    • 4 tsp Italian Seasoning
    • 1 lemon, sliced
    • 6 garlic cloves, minced
    • 4 bay leaves
    • 1 chicken bouillon cubes
    • Kosher salt and pepper to taste
    • 1 cup sliced carrots
    • 1 cups sliced celery
    • 1/2 cup  sliced mushrooms
    • 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
    • 2/3 cup white wine
    • 2 tsp rosemary, chopped
    • 1/2 cups grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
    • 1 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
    • 1 bag of broad egg noodles

Directions:

1. Put the chicken and all the listed above ingredients until salt and pepper into a large pot on the stove and simmer for about 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
      2. Remove chicken and place on a plate to cool. Strain broth through a colander into another large bowl. Discard any remnants left into the colander.
      3. Shred chicken meat and discard any bones or skin.
      4. Return broth to the large pot, place back on heat and bring back to a gentle boil. Add meat back to the broth.
      5. Add carrots, celery, mushrooms, rosemary and parsley and cook for half an hour.  Feel free to add a bit of water to the broth if the stock has really cooked down.
      6. Add wine, cheese and heavy cream. Add the bag of broad egg noodles and cook for an additional 15 minutes.

Favorite alcoholic beverage?   In the summer, definitely sangria.  I have a new favorite wine right now also that is Sequin Pinot Grigio.  It has a slight carbonation and is delicious. 
  • During the day.... I work for a lottery management company that raises funds for non-profits.

At night.... I'm too tired to be any superhero

Favorite recent recipe:  https://www.kraftcanada.com/recipes/easy-pierogi-casserole-126267

Favorite alcoholic beverage:  Vodka, Soda, Cran 

• During the day you...?
    laze around on my butt at home until about 4 pm, then I clean and get dinner ready.

uh....pass.

chocolate layer cake with vanilla icing in between so it looks like a giant Oreo cookie. it's my fave most recent because my husband made it and I didn't! what a nice change.

Coke mixed with cinnamon vodka. Or maybe Mike's Hard Lemonade.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers 

• During the day you...? I'm a RN in a oncology clinic. I love my job most days.

At night you're a superhero, who are you? I'm Superwoman lol. Between saving lives by giving chemo, being a momma to a 16 month old, and whatever else I'm lucky to have much for free time

Your most favorite recent recipe? I'm, nothing really comes to mind.

Leinkugels Summer Shandy
    Together since April 2004.  Married since June 19th, 2010.
     BFP #1: January 31st 2012: CP. 
     BFP #2: June 1st 2012, Due:2/8/13. Avery was born via unplanned c section on 2/13/13. 
     BFP #3: Sept. 25th, 2014. Due: 6/5/15.  MMC on 10/23/14. Confirmed complete molar pregnancy per D&C 10/29/14, 
    HCG officially negative 12/10/14.  Benched until June 2015.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"