April 2014 Moms
Options

Growth spurt? Leap? Supply decreasing?

khammond3khammond3 member
edited June 2014 in April 2014 Moms
My LO is EBF and almost 3 months. and For the past 4 -5 days she has been much more fussy than normal. Like cries if she is not on my boob or sleeping. Very irritable and literally wanting to be on the boob every hour if not sooner. She also straightens her while body and turns stiff. She never seems satisfied either and has done terrible with sleeping at night. Also no naps during the day but maybe for like 30 min. Thoughts??? Please help me I'm going crazy and remind me this wont last forever

Re: Growth spurt? Leap? Supply decreasing?

• Options
    hordolhordol member
    Could really be any of those things. I wouldn't automatically assume it's supply related though. Many babies do this from time to time. Just try and ride it out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    @hordol‌ how long do I wait it out before assuming its something more and taking her to doctor??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are at that same point and dd is doing the same thing. Cluster feeding is your baby's way of increasing your supply to meet their needs.
  • Options
    My LO went through something similar recently too. It's gotten a little bit better but now she's got a little cold so it's back to fussy pants. I think it's a leap or growth spurt for sure.
  • Options
    hordolhordol member
    As long as your comfortable really. There's no harm in calling the doctor now if it's really concerning you, either. If it gets worse, I would call. Or goes on longer than a few days. Go with your gut. If you feel like something's wrong it never hurts to get LO checked out but it is a fairly normal behavior so I wouldn't automatically freak out about it.

Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013

• Options
    If her Iapetus output hasn't changed (wet ones, I mean) then from what I've read your supply is fine. Good luck!
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    There is a 3-month growth spurt so my guess is that is what is causing it. If she still has enough wet diapers then I don't think your supply is an issue and the best thing you can do it just let her keep nursing as much as she wants. If it goes on much longer you may want to consult your Ped just to rule out any other issues, but growth spurts can last several days.

• Options
    *sparky* said:

There is a 3-month growth spurt so my guess is that is what is causing it. If she still has enough wet diapers then I don't think your supply is an issue and the best thing you can do it just let her keep nursing as much as she wants. If it goes on much longer you may want to consult your Ped just to rule out any other issues, but growth spurts can last several days.

It has been going in for about 4 days so how many more days should it last if it really is a growth spurt or leap?
  • Options
    hordolhordol member
    Do you have the wonder weeks app? How old is your LO? There is a leap from 7.5-9.5 weeks and another one from 11.5-12.5 weeks. Your baby may not fall into those ranges perfectly, but should be relatively close.

Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"