High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Leaving RE early for MFM?

Hi ladies, I'm not sure if this would be better posted here or PAIF.
At 5w I was diagnosed witha 1.4cmx1.4 cm SCH. I put myself on bedrest/ pelvic rest and when I went in 4 days later the SCH was a little smaller. My RE said no sort of bedrest or pelvic rest was needed, just to live my life. A week later (yesterday) I went in and at 7 weeks pregnant the SCH had grown to 2cmx2cm. My RE still claims no sort of limitations are needed. I called a MFM that I had seen during my last pregnancies and I'm waiting for a call back to see if he thinks I should get an early release from my RE. I feel bad, like I'm going behind my RE, but I don't feel like this is where his specialty lies. Has anyone left REs and gone on to an MFM early on in pregnancy? Was I wrong to try to switch?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!

Re: Leaving RE early for MFM?

• Options
    My RE releases you at 7w.  I went right to an MFM.  I never had an OB. 

I dont have any SCH experience though.
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll see what the MFM says tomorrow. My RE keeps you until the end of first tri. Even though my RE doesn't believe in bedrest or pelvic rest for SCH I have put myself in both after googling way too much (I figure it can't hurt). The OB that delivered my boys has retired, otherwise if I had a trusted OB I guess I could have called them.
    It sounds like your OB really took care of monitoring your SCH, @AnotherDreamer‌.. That's nice to hear. Maybe if the MFM won't see me I'll contact the OB I was planning on going to. I feel like the next few weeks of are crucial, if I take care of myself properly this SCH could be gone or at least shrinking if I'm lucky.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"