Multiples

When did you find membrane

Long story short- I am just shy of 7 weeks with ID twins. Wondering at what point did others find they were having either di/di or mono/di as opposed to mo/mo. Nothing is visible yet, but the Peri says it's early. From the u/s pics I've seen online Di/Di seems pretty apparent. I'm very scared but he says we will know by 12 weeks. I am eager to know what others have experienced as this is all so new and overwhelming to me.

Re: When did you find membrane

• Di/di is almost always very obvious in 1st Tri, so based on your descriptions elsewhere I'd say it sounds like yours are mo/di or mo/mo.

Mine are mo/di, but were not confirmed as such till just shy of 14wks at our third u/s. We thoughy we saw the membrane at an earlier one, but it wasn't clearly visible till later.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • I found out mine were di/di at my first u/s at 7 weeks. Was very obvious they were di/di at that point.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine were mono-di-- we didn't see a membrane until 14w, I believe. It was super thin and hard to spot, but they found it.
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • When I went for ultrasound at 8 weeks they looked like they shared sac, but when I went back at 12 weeks we saw the memberane so they are mono/di. It's very thin but you could still see it . Don't mono/mono is very rare and rate of having mono/mono is minimal . Goodluck on ur next ultrasound :)
  • It was really clear at my first u/s at 7w and change that they were di/di. They were each in their own "black hole". Even as they got bigger, it was always super obvious - techs would comment how easy it was to find. I think their placentas were even in completely different spots.

• I think I've also read on here that some ladies haven't seen a dividing membrane until 16+ wks. So there's time.

• We saw it at the first ultrasound at 6.5 weeks.  Ours was obvious but it sounds like others/ might not be as visible until later...  Keep us posted!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

• We didn't find out until the 20 week ultrasound, which was a more high tech machine. Our twins weren't discovered until 17 weeks and the membrane is so thin it looked like mono/di. It wasn't until the level 2 ultrasound that it was clear it is di/di.
  • I found out at my first MFM appointment around 7 weeks. The membrane was very light, it was confirmed at my next appointment around 11 weeks.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • zamboni00zamboni00 member
    edited June 2014
    My ob sent me to the MFM at 9w to determine type of twin. It was identified then.
  • My first ultrasound at 6 weeks just showed two in one sac. At 7.5 weeks at the MFM we found the membrane and confirmed they were mono di.

Ella - 10/19/10
    Julia and Aubrey - 4/3/14

• Mine were mo/tri and while one of the membranes was easy enough to see, the one between A & C wasn't found until 22 weeks. Very nervewracking.

However, if I'd known then that # of yolk sacs almost always corresponds to # of amniotic sacs, I wouldn't have worried so much. We saw all three yolk sacs at our 7w ultrasound.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • pea-kay said:

Mine were mo/tri and while one of the membranes was easy enough to see, the one between A & C wasn't found until 22 weeks. Very nervewracking.

However, if I'd known then that # of yolk sacs almost always corresponds to # of amniotic sacs, I wouldn't have worried so much. We saw all three yolk sacs at our 7w ultrasound.

I am really hoping that probes true for me. Thank you everyone for responding. I never thought in a million years that this would be my life! So crazy. But that's probably another post:)

• We were told mono/di at our first ultrasound around 7 weeks so I'm guessing the RE saw it then but either didn't show us or we didn't pay attention because we were so surprised to see twins :). They look for it at all the MFM ultrasounds and it seems to be getting easier to see for me anyway. Got a good look today at almost 25 weeks for a few seconds until A decided to kick B.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"